Marathon Training

scared of this one.

march is super bosy too, 2 marathons, one 20 miler, one 10k and one 40 miler.

yep, 2 in 2 days.

The first 4 miles is one big hill.

3 yesterday, 17 today.

so on Saturday its 4 weeks until the double.

scarrred

BELFAST MARATHON!!! get in!!!

Bolton hill done, toughest marathon ive done.
10/10 for toughness rating, harsh trails, roman roads and bogs. most scenic, and enjoyable course though.

bringing back this thread, is anyone training for one?
back in training for a double now.

I know this is an old thread, but I've just read the entire thread as I'm signed up for my first ever Marathon in October and a complete beginner!
Thanks for all the help you've provided without even realising :)

I know this is an old thread, but I've just read the entire thread as I'm signed up for my first ever Marathon in October and a complete beginner!
Thanks for all the help you've provided without even realising :)

chester? woohoo im in that one! the medal is fab, nice long sleeve tech tee at the end, flat course with a few cheeky hills.

It's the first ever Race for Life Women's only Marathon is Lee Valley gina_b
Seems like it will be quite relaxed time wise so I thought the best for me to sign up to and it's the first one ever so I like to think I'll be part of history haha

ah yes i saw that one, its the same day as chester too. first time they are doing that one too, exiting! its got a great time limit too, not like some that only allow 5.30 hours.

brighton marathon opened entries yesterday, had to enter after reading such positive feedback from it.

It's amazing seeing how many you are completing gina_b
Very inspiring :)

i never imagined id still like them after the first one!
the bug has well and truly bitten me

Wow Gina!!! I don't know how you do it!!! Which have been your top 3 and worst 3 races?

I see you did Belfast, I live near there - it's more of a relay race though than an actual marathon. I'd imagine that would be frustrating!

Do you try and beat your time on each occasion?

hard choices, but id say top 3 are hell of a hill, Bolton hill and York.
worst is wakefield*

I used to try and beat my previous times, but its more fun to just take part and enjoy myself on it!
yeah theres a choice to do the relay for Belfast, got over taken by loads of bouncy fresh people on the last part lol!!

Back