Marathon Training

its a HIIT class, only 30 minutes but its hard work, i love it!

my nike trainers gave me blisters, but asics have been really good. no blisters from them yet and ive worn them alot now.
its gone icy out now, pavements are like an ice rink! want to do my run today but dont want to fall over at the same time

That's exactly what it is like here. I had to resort to going on the treadmill at the gym last Sunday due to bad weather but I really want to get outside in the fresh air today. I'm going to give it a go and see what the pavements are like. If they are too slippy I'll just come back as knowing me i'll probably fall over otherwise.

What kind of things do you do in the class?

Ive had new balance and Mizuno trainers now and find that I got blisters in the same place with both. I had gait analysis done each time but I think it's time to get checked out again. I've lost a fair amount of weight so I'm wondering if that has had an effect on the way I run.

plyometric lunge-jumps, burpee's, press ups, crab crawl with press ups, all simple moves but not as easy as it sounds!

too icy to run :(

plyometric lunge-jumps, burpee's, press ups, crab crawl with press ups, all simple moves but not as easy as it sounds!

too icy to run :(

Oh no, that's a shame! I managed to get out - the pavements close to me were a bit slippy, but once I got out onto the main roads they were fine. I managed 10.25 miles today, which I'm really pleased with. Psychologically I needed it to satisfy myself I can still run long distances.

I've been doing a lot of bootcamps, which include the kind of things you mention you do in the metafit class. I've found that they really help me with running - my run today was much easier than it would have been in the past, especially in terms of being able to control my breathing and not feeling totally out of puff all the time!!

Hope you manage to get out for a run tomorrow :)

me too, ill be gutted if i dont run tommorow. i cant use treadmills at all, just dont feel safe on them. used to use them but the one i used must have been broken, luckily it wasnt a fast speed as it just stopped for no reason and i went flying off it. its put me off using them since, it happened twice more in the week after on differemt ones too. i dont trust them!

did a run home from work today, felt good running after missing it..... :)

Hey girls, found you in here, quick question I've posted in the other thread, how do I go about buying my first pair of running trousers baring in mind I'm a 28 inside leg, yikes!

Go to a sport store and try them on! I've bought all mine at Sports Direct - cheap and cheerful!

Very proud of myself for sticking to my training schedule during a busy time at work, cold weather and social commitments. I've entered a 10km race on 16/12, a 5km race on 27/12 and the half marathon in March. I've also come up with some cool fundraising ideas that should have me hit my target with just a few events. What do you think of these:
:eek: A quiz night at the local pub (helped my friend run one last night and she raised £100 with a raffle as well). I'm booked in for 12/2
:eek: A winter walk followed by soup, rolls, cake and tea/coffee on my birthday in February (people donate what they think it's worth)
:eek: A pop up Indian restaurant for one day (if my next door neighbour will help me cook and mother in law will let me use her house!!!!). I reckon I can do four sittings of 16 people and offer starters (bhaji, samosa), main (3 dishes plus rice) and sweets. Diners donate what they think it's worth. Husband thinks it's sounds like too much work and wouldn't cover the food costs, but what does he know?!!

To me these sound like fun and sociable ways to raise money where people get something out of it. I'm a teacher and my students are also going to do some events to help me raise money, but I think doing these three myself would really get the ball rolling.

Your thoughts/ideas/suggestions will be welcomed :)

your idea's sound fab, love the indian idea

I ove the Indian idea too. You can easily keep the cost down if you keep an eye on offers etc in supermarkets. What charity are you running for?

Red cross. My mom in law thinks we should go french theme so working on that now. I'm going to ask my butcher for a good deal/donation for meat and my farm shop for veg. That should keep costs down and be good pr for their businesses....

4 1/2 miles ran tonight in 56 minutes :)
pavements were a little icy but took it slow, no slipping.
also wore my new trainers, very comfy and actually feel like they mould to my feet.

I ran my first proper race today (Race for Life doesn't count!) - the Telford 10k. I thought I could do it in less than an hour and was aiming for a negative split with 10 min miles for the first half and 9 min miles (or less!) for the second half. I did it in under 53 mins with a negative split and average pace of just over 8.5min/mile. I am really pleased with myself and ran all out for the last 100m to overtake a few other runners. I have a 5k race on 27th December and can't wait :)

How are you all doing?

brilliant timing! im still on snail pace but happy to be able to keep going.

i love race for life, its just very upsetting seeing people's back signs. payed my entry for 2013's already just waiting for it to be announced and i can book it.

My official time was 53:21 - I'll take that ;)

I've signed up for a 21k cross country in Feb - should be interesting!

Sally -that's great, well done! I am still out of action after my fall last week, but hoping to get back out running later this week - I miss it!!

ive got my 2nd half marathon in feb, hoping to speed up not for my sake but my brothers. dont want to keep him waiting ages for me

getting faster, ran today and it turned out i was doing an average of 9 mins 47 seconds per mile. pleased with that

Back