margyparkers vegan diary

It sounds like you're trying intuitive eating:) That's great!
I already tried it and loved it; however at the moment I'm so busy (work, thesis, etc) that I can't just eat when I want to, but when I have work breaks...
Anyway, I think the best way to go is really intuitive eating, it sounds so natural to me: eating when the body asks, not the clock or job breaks.

Keep doing it;)

Intuitive eating? Must google!:) Whats your thesis about - am nosey - was going to go that route myself - but after masters degree realised I couldn't be bothered as I had proved enough to myself and was only doing it to be called Doctor. :eek:

Ok there is indeed an eating philosophy called intuitive eating and I m doing it but it is quite worrying! I am just not hungry - my definition of hungry is when my stomach rumbles and that is not happening much.

Breakfast - 42g all-bran and soya milk

Mid - coffee - not hungry

Lunch - looking for something to eat although stomach not rumbling so had a HEB of nuts - still not rumbling and from past experience nuts keep me from rumbling for ages - we will see.

Mid - 2 satsumas - not hungry

Supper - HUNGRY! - chinese takeaway - vegetable chow mein and a granny smith apple

Syns - 6 for chow mein and 5 for cereal bar I ate in the middle of the night as I was peckish. Total = 11.

Exercise - 37 cals on my pedometer. Looking forward to the gym tomorrow!

The intuitive eating thing is interesting apart from all the american websites that are trying to take your money for telling you about it.

Last edited:
Intuitive eating? Must google!:) Whats your thesis about - am nosey - was going to go that route myself - but after masters degree realised I couldn't be bothered as I had proved enough to myself and was only doing it to be called Doctor. :eek:

Well I graduated in psychology; my masters and my thesis is about being in balanced relationship with others (e.g. find the balance bewteen individuation and proximity). In my case I'm doing my masters and thesis because I feel enthusiastic about investigation and, also, because the more studies you have the more possibilities you have to find a stable long-term job in future. I try to join the useful to the pleasant:)

But I'm nosey as well:p What is your masters about?

The intuitive eating thing is interesting apart from all the american websites that are trying to take your money for telling you about it.

Haha, so true:p

@ Aline - may masters is in ....... nursing! If I had carried on I would have been a doctor of nursing. Heh. To be honest if I had carried on and done that I think no one but those close to me would have known anyway as I detest folk that brag about their achievements. This is borne out by my steadfast refusal to go and get my certificates at graduation ceremonies. I think they are pointless vanity charades only there to AGAIN in life to make money.

Some would say I am just a sourpuss and they would probably be right - I respect the views of others tho who want to celebrate their success by participating in the grandeur of the event. :D

I am glad I did the degrees I have - they were a real eyeopener but they are of little value in the work I now do.

One of the real eyeopeners for me was one of the tutors saying on the first day of the masters degree that the national health exists ONLY to promote jobs for the boys. She went on to expand and my eyes nearly popped. I didn't have much respect for doctors at the time and virtually none for hospital consultants or managers as I endured the company of both vile groups on a daily basis. But after that lecture my view of them as a whole was confirmed. Sadly because of my experiences with them and the above information there are virtually no medical doctors and no hospital managers that I could say I respect.:eek:

:D bit of a long answer there Aline - now look what you did!:eek::)

Last edited:
13th November 2010

Breakfast - didn't have breakfast till I was hungry and again that was after 10am. 2 Weetabix HEB with soya milk HEA

Mid - nothing - at gym

Lunch - Rumbling so had - Vegan bacon, 2 slices of weight watchers brown danish toast HEB, mushrooms and a can of tinned tomatoes and a cuppa tea.

Mid - nothing - not rumbling

Supper - 2 slices of Weight Watchers malted danish with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and 2 bananas and 2 mandarins. Cup of filter coffee.

Syns - 2.5 for vegan bacon 5 for weight watchers bread and 9 for the peanut butter. Total - 16.5.

Exercise - Went to the gym and tried running for the first time. Felt like a bit of a twit. I have a heart rate monitor and it is like a watch and a strap around your chest. So the strap went on the chest and the watch went on the wrist. I then attached the ipod to the neck of my shirt and had the wires dangling from my earphones. I also had the black bracelet that holds the key to my locker on my arm as well as the heart rate monitor.:eek:

Although you cant see the chest strap I felt and may have looked like a tosser. :D

306 calories burned some of it running - surprising how out of breath I have become because I haven't been doing any cardio for a while. All is well with the knees tho thank goodness - so win situation there. Husband rushed me out to go to the chemist before it closed. grr.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am glad I did the degrees I have - they were a real eyeopener but they are of little value in the work I now do.

So, aren't you a nurse now?

No not a nurse now - my daughter and I started a family business 6 years ago and then my daughters partner left his accountant job and came into the business and it has just grown and grown.

If you want to check us out just google 'Wee Notions.' One of our products is featured in the Mother and Baby magazine for December!

14th November 2010 - Prince Charles Birthday - I only remember cos it is so close to mine.:eek:

Having problems with the don't eat till you feel hungry thing. Didn't eat first thing and then went to town to do some shopping. Still wasn't rumbling when I got back but need to eat before I go to the gym for obvious reasons. So...

Breakfast - 2 weetabix HEB and soya milk HEA and a banana and a soya yogurt.

Mid - nowt - at gym

Lunch - nowt not hungry

Mid - ok after my breakfast I didnt get hungry till quarter to 4 so then I thought what do I eat? Anything large and I will not want my main meal etc. So I opted for a naked bar (fruit and nuts)and an apple.

Supper - Sprouts, sweetcorn, green beans, carrots. 2 roasted potatoes and some vegan bacon. A punnet of strawberries and an alpro blueberry yogurt.

Syns - cereal bar = 5, 2 roast potatoes = 2syns and soya yogurt 2 syns. Total = 9.

Exercise - Gym = 340 cals

Last edited:

Breakfast - All-bran and soya milk and a pink lady apple.

Lunch - half a can of baked beans and a seeded bap. Melon.

Supper - Actifry chips with a teaspoon of oil and salad of baby plum tomaotes, shredded lettuce, cucumber and pickled cabbage. Half a pack of vegan "beef" slices. 1 square of frys chocolate cream.

Syns - 10 for bap and 2.5 for margarine. 1 for chocolate and 2.5 for slices and 2 for oil. Total = 18. Eek!

Exercise - a paltry 33 cals used on pedometer.

Last edited:
17th November 2010

off plan yesterday eating doughnuts and crisps.:eek:

Not so good today either

Breakfast - banana - all bran and soya milk

Mid - 2 thirds of a melon

lunch - 2 apples and a small handful of kettle chips - no idea how many syns

mid - nothing

Supper - mince and tatoes with cabbage - carrots and peas and onions in the mince and than shamefully a whole bar of frys chocolate cream.

Syns - frys chocolate cream - 10 syns and the crisps

Exercise - 47 calories on the pedometer:eek:

18.11.10 - not at work today woohoo!

Breakfast - 2 weetabix and soya milk HEA and HEB

Mid - nothing - at gym

Lunch - 2 slices of weight watchers bread HEB with a tin of tomatoes and a third of a melon for afters. Also 2 mandarins and a granny smith.

Mid - 2 mandarins

Supper - big plate of chips from actifry and some marinated tofu. 2 mandarins

Syns - 2.5 oil for chips and 4 for tofu and 5.25 for half a frys chocolate bar. Total syns = 11.75

Exercise - can't now get my weight off by Christmas which is a b but all my own fault. Anyhoo 500 cals burned at the gym today rowing, cross training (really boring) and walk/ running so all good. Need to build up my puff still so running till pulse reaches 170 and then walking till it goes back below 120. I didn't realise that the chest strap I wore for heart rate monitor was picked up by the machine. Twas a bit scarey at first as if the machine knew what I was doing without me holding the pads. Weird!:eek:

Last edited:
Ok not posted for a while as the mojo disappeared on my birthday - back again now.

Breakfast - 2 weetabix and soya milk - hea and heb and a big banana.

Mid - Russet apple a big one and heb of nuts

Lunch after work out - bag of seabrook crisps

Mid - 4 mandarins

Supper - half a can of baked beans, a tin of tomatoes, 2 slices of weightwatchers malted danish bread, half a pack of vegan bacon and mushrooms fried in a tablespoon of oil.

Syns - crisps - 8.5 syns, 2.5 vegan bacon, 4 weight watchers bread and 5 for oil - total of 20 Syns.

300 cals burned at the gym - went on a step machine today - liked it. It is also nice to see the weights on the machines I use increasing. V satisfying.

Went out to walk the dogs in the beautiful yorkshire snow.

Breakfast - 3 ryvita seeds things HEB and about 100g of sainsburys red cherry conserve. Cuppa tea with throughout the day HEA.

Mid - nothing at gym

Lunch - large Russet apple and sainsburys quick noodles - pah I thought noodles were free and these have 3 syns. Grumbling.

Mid -

Supper -

Syns - 10.5 for the conserve. Who knew that ryvitas and conserve would be such a syn expensive breakfast? Sainbugs noodles 3 - total - 13.5 syns.

Last edited:

Breakfast - feeling hungry so both HEB and my HEA used on allbran and soya milk

Mid - large russet apple

Lunch - packet of seabrook crisps - punnet of strawberries and a large banana and a yogurt

Mid - caramel snackajack and a yogurt

Supper - stir fry with tofu and a sainsburys sauce and boiled rice

Syns - 2 for snackajack - 4 for the yogurts 4 for tofu and 5 for stir fry = there were 2.5 for the oil and 2.5 as an estimate for the sauce - total = 15. ARGH 10.5 for the sauce so half of it down me! Total syns now - 18. grr naughty sauce!

No exercise today - ho hum weigh day tomorrow!

Last edited:

Suddenly realised today that if I tried really hard and lost 2.25 pounds this week I could get my stone award. Don't suppose I will but I will have a go nevertheless.

Breakfast - All-bran and soya milk HEA and HEB

Mid - 2 mandarins

Lunch - Sainsburys quick noodles and a russet apple

Mid - Snack a jack and russet apple

Supper small amount of pasta with veggies and some salad.

Syns - noodles = 4 syns and snack a jack - 2 syns = total of 6 syns.

I enjoy a to read your food logs, it sounds always healthy nd delicious and it gives me ideas:)

Good luck with the stone loss!

x

Hey MargyParker,

Just came across you in another post and was astounded to see that your stats are almost the same as mine and you also do green days!

Just thought I would drop by and say hi. How are you getting on being vegan on SW? I am about halfway to my target but it has all been a very slow process!!

Thanks for posting your diary, will have a wee look at it for some ideas.

Jules xx

Waves to Jules! Hey there! Have been away as I was so fat over Christmas but back on the wagon now and will be posting again v soon.:D

Back