margyparkers vegan diary

Great stuff. I'll look forward to it! Welcome back!!!

Hi! I stumbled across your thread when looking for Redwood rashers syn value. I'm vegan too and have just started on Monday the SW plan. I am going to read through your posts to pick up some tips! :) Nice to 'meet' you and look forward to your postings :D

Could you tell me the syn value of the Redwoods Cheatin' range? I don't have access to the syn calculator as doing it myself at home. THANK YOU!

I must say I am not really doing the slimming world any more - I learned the principles and now am using them BUT I wanted to eat a much healthier diet and in doing that the slimming world strictly just doesn't work. I am really busy with work at the mo and I have access to the site till the end of Jan so if I get the time I will look the stuff up for you.

I bought some mixed seeds recently and toasted them lightly in a dry pan. Then added soy sauce and tossed them till they were dry. They are fabulous! EVerybody that has tried them loves them omnies alike. I think they may be high on SW but on my plan they work fine.... for instance I am having a nibble of them throughout the morning instead of cereal for breakfast.

Am also having half the amount of porridge I used to i.e. a quarter of a cup of oats and half a cup of either oat or soya milk and some agave syrup to sweeten and a teaspoon of whizzed linseeds. Delicious and all the added benefits of the omegas in the linseeds. More power to compassionate beings!

Thanks very much for the offer of looking up the Syns for me. Sounds like you have it all sorted :) With regards to the porridge breakfast that's exactly how I have it with occasional raisins thrown in. I must try those nuts with the soy sauce! :D thanks again!

Hi Margy,
I'm also doing SW plan 'at home', started 2 weeks ago, lost 6lb the first week (which I guessed was mostly water) but haven't been too good this last week. Weigh day tomorrow so I'll find out ;-)
Very interesting food diary - I get stuck for breakfast ideas and am always on the lookout! Love those caramel snackajacks - have been counting those as 2.5 syns (with a syn being about 20 cals).
I'm about the same age as you but unlike you I have a lot of weight to lose - about 3-4 stone. Lost a couple of stone last time on SW but put it all back on again. Am feeling determined to lose it for good this time - getting my head around eating...
Anyway, way past my planned bedtime, so gotta go (your diary kept me up!). Oh yes, have you tried Nuun tablets - you make them into a drink, good for post workout & very few calories?
Take care,
Viv

Nuun - 2 u's. Allegedly, if a drink is isotonic you don't wee it all out again ;-). They didn't say that, read it somewhere else.

Ooo the nuun sounds interesting and vegan also - where do you buy it? Sorry to those interested in redwood points but my computer is telling me the body optimise site is dangerous for me to visit! Will try again later as this is the last day of my subscription.

redwoods stuff

ProductExtra EasyOriginalGreen Cheatin' Beef Style Slices, chilled, 100g pack 8½ 8½ 8½ Cheatin' Chicken Style Slices, chilled, 100g pack 5 5 5 Cheatin' Garlic Sausage Style Slices, chilled, 100g pack 5 5 5 Cheatin' Ham Style Slices, chilled, 100g pack 5 5 5 Cheatin' Pate, Provencal, chilled, 28g 3 3 3 Cheatin' Vegan Instant Gravy Powder, dried, 1 level tsp ½ ½ ½ Cheatin' Vegi-deli Chicken Style Pieces, chilled, 150g pack 12 12 12

Cheezly Cheddar Style, Cranberries, 28g 3½ 3½ 3½ Cheezly Cheddar Style, Garlic & Herb, 28g 3½ 3½ 3½ Cheezly Edam Style, Super Melting, 28g 4 4 4 Cheezly Gouda Style, Super Melting, 28g 4 4 4 Cheezly Greek Style , 28g 4 4 4 Cheezly Mozzarella Style, Super Melting, 28g 4 4 4 Cheezly Nacho Style, 28g 3½ 3½ 3½ Cheezly Red/White Cheddar Style, 28g 3½ 3½

Meatfree Gourmet Quarter Pounder Burgers, twin pack, chilled, 113g each 3 3 3 Vegi-deli Sausages, Meat Free, Organic, Curry Style, 4 pack, chilled, 45g each 2½ 2½ 2½ Vegi-deli Sausages, Meat Free, Organic, Gyros Style, 4 pack, chilled, 45g each 3 3 3 Vegi-deli Schnitzels, Meat Free, Organic, chilled, 200g pack 21 21

Back