margyparkers vegan diary

Is the peeing ever going to stop? I find it really disruptive - it wouldn't be so bad if I went straight back to sleep - I even tried staying completely in the dark when I pee to see if that makes any difference but no - I still stay awake for an hour or so afterwards. Really draining.

I keep thinking it will stop but I've had nearly six months of this :confused:. I do (almost) think it's worth it, to be 2.5st lighter though :)

poop! 6 months! AARRGGHH! oh and that's another thing - every time i wee during the day I poop as well! Must be summat to do with being a herbivore! Suppose I should be glad they are not like cow pats! TMI!!!!!:eek:

6th October 2010

Breakfast 3 weetabix and soya milk from allowance

2 snackajacks caramel and rice and yogurt mix

lentil soup x 2 big bowls

rice and yogurt mix, apple

pasta and sweetcorn and peas - didn't eat much pasta cold is rotten so didnt feel much like eating.

2 snackajacks and apple

Syns 10 for snackajacks and 4 for yogurt.

7th October 2010
Breakfast - 3 weetabix and soya milk, melon and apple

Mid - cereal bar

Lunch - lentil and carrot soup and yogurt with rice and frozen berries

Mid - slept through then apple

Supper - baked spud heinze spaghetti and pickled cabbage and melon

Apple + pear

Syns - 2 caramel snackajacks - 5 syns cereal bar 6 syns yogurt 4 syns. = 17syns

Last edited:
I don't think so Emmaline but good of you to ask - one of the other members has been like it for 6 months. Apparently quite a few are the same - may be worth getting a check tho next time I am at the docs eh?

8th October 2010

Breakfast - 4 weetabix, apple

Mid yogurt with rice and frozen fruit

Didn't fancy any lunch - still getting rid of the cold symptoms

Cereal bar and apple

Supper - made some curry and rice but didn't eat a lot proabaly about 6 to 8 tablespoons - just didn't fancy it - chucked it in the bin:eek:

yogurt and rice with fruit in

cereal bar = 6 syns - yogurt 4 syns = 10 Syns in total

Last edited:
9th October 2010

Breakfast - 2 weetabix with soya milk

Mid - 2 apples and Panda licorice stick

Lunch - toast, nuked fresh tomatoes, fried mushrooms, vegan rashers and half a can of beans - appetite back yay!

Mid - 2 apples

Supper - Vegan Rashers, chips,pes and sweetcorn - soya cherry yogurt

300 Calories burned at the gym - feeling human again today!

Syns - bacon = 4 syns, 1 tablespoon of olive oil = 6 syns - yogurts 2 syns Licorice - 5 syns - total = 17.

Last edited:
Ooh, another vegan diary! It's always good to see something new for ideas.

I was wondering, what brand of vegan bacon do you buy? I could never find it on the SW syns online and don't want to buy the stuff and find out it's really high syn!

elo bird! I buy the redwoods - there is one called tempeh rashers that is pants but the one i love is called cheatin rashers. You can buy them in holland and barrett. In our store they are behind the cheatin chicken and beef slices etc.

I couldnt find it on the body optimise site so I put it in the syns calculator and it came up as 4 syns a pack. I use about half a pack each time which is about 3 or 4 rashers - I think there are about 7 in the pack.

I cut them up and put them in lentil soup the other day. The result tasted lovely BUT all of the smokey flavour came out of the bacon into the soup so that the bacon bits left didnt taste of anything - was all fine tho and a nice change from normal lentil soup. BTW in case you are interested I have been eating snackajacks - i wrote to the company and asked them if they were vegan and they kindly sent me a list of vegan items which include the caramel ones and the salt and vinegar ones. The big ones are 2 syns each but I really love the caramel flavour - and the smell! ;)

Ooh that's really not bad for an entire pack of bacon! I will have to get some for my next fry up :D

Yes, I recently discovered the salt and vinegar snack a jacks but have yet to try the caramel. It seems like a weird flavour but I should give it a go!

forgot them when i did the shopping yesterday:( never mind I did holland and barretts today and got some panda licorice and some trek bars. Trek bars come up at 10 syns for the berry one and 11 syns for the chocolate ones!!!!:eek: They are big tho - so I may treat myself to one of those if I work up 500 cals at the gym. :D

Yeah, I can imagine Trek bars being high, I think the chocolate ones have both prunes and nuts in them. They're a far healthier use of syns though, so definitely worth saving up for :)

10th October 2010

Breakfast - 2 weetabix and soya milk

Mid - Melon peach apple and narna

Off to gym and burned 450 calories yay me!

Back to huge cooked breakfast of beans mushrooms - vegan bacon toast and nuked tomatoes and a cuppa tea - oh so satisfying! Am now stuffed and happy!

Mid - frozen fruits defrosted and fresh strawberries with yogurt and rice mixed in.

Supper - rest of bacon pack, sprouts, swede, green beans, carrot, roast potatoes. 2 kiwi fruits and slices of melon. Licorice stick.

Syns - Bacon 4 syns, yogurt 2 syns, olive oil 6 syns, licorice stick - 5 syns = total of 17 syns. Me bad - but not too worried about having 2 extra syns - as burnt some off at the gym.

Last edited:
11th October 2010

Breakfast - 2 weetabix

Mid - banana - 2 apples - yogurt

Lunch - baked potato and spaghetti with tablespoon marg

Mid - plum - 2 apples cereal bar

Supper - baked potato, peas, sweetcorn and vegan chicken slices. Blueberry yogurt and rice.

Syns - 5 for yogurt - 5 for cereal bar - 5.5 margarine on potato = total of 15.5 syns

Just for fun and because I am not losing weight I calculated how many calories I had today - came to over 2000.

Last edited:
12th October 2010

I was so shocked at the number of calories I ate yesterday I decided to eat v little today. I am going to eat normally and see what happens- I think if I go into starvation mode so be it - I will have to lose it eventually and eating more certainly hasn't worked as I put on a pound again this week.

Feeling v dejected.:break_diet:

Breakfast - 2 weetabix for breakfast with soya milk

Mid - 2 apples and 2 snackajack

Lunch - apple and 4 snackajacks through the afternoon.

Supper - Fried tofu in olive oil, sprouts, carrots, 2 pieces of potato, cabbage green beans. Yogurt

Apple, banana and grapefruit.

Syns snackajacks and yogurt - 15.5 syns.

HE,s milk, olive oil and weetabix.

Last edited:
I cant understand how that comes to so many calories Margy - if your syns are as stated it shouldnt be anywhere near that!! Dont starve yourself, please, putting yourself into starvation mode is hugely counterproductive and wont give you any clues as to why you arent losing so well.

Not losing would be one thing but gaining? It can only be because I am eating too much. I had a look at some folks diaries last night including yours and no one is eating anywhere near as much as me. So I think cutting down is the only way to go.

I am REALLY confused and fed up can you tell?:( Thanks for getting back to me - much appreciated - going to keep up with the eternally slim thread to make myself more miserable that so many people are so successful even if I am not. Jesus get a grip me!:tear_drop:

13th October 2010

Ok so today was to be my first real day back on track and following the diet without eating so much but I took some doughnuts in to work cos it was one of the girls birthdays and I ate 2 so.....:eek:

Breakfast - 2 doughnuts

Lunch - small baked potato and tin of heinz spaghetti - apple

Mid - punnet of strawberries and some yogurt

Supper - bowl of lentil soup home made and a yogurt. Melon and 2 kiwi fruit.

Syns - doughnuts 16 syns - yogurt 4 syns = 20 syns in total but not too bothered as I burned off 450 cals at the gym.

Just noticed no HEs of any kind today and too full to have any now so will have to make up for it tomorrow. **Sigh**

Sorry to hear about the gain, I had one a week or so again and it made me feel rubbish :(

Out of curiousity, I noticed you were eating a bit more to prevent your body going into starvation mode from lots of exercise. Were you eating extra syns at all? I'm too lazy to read back (sorry, loong day) but if you have been doing this it might be worth having healthy extras rather than synned foods.

If not maybe try some red days to give your body a change. I do these by having lots of mock meat, tofu and veggies and cutting way back on the carbs. I've had good results doing this.

Good luck, don't worry, the weight will come off!

Back