margyparkers vegan diary

24th october 2010

Breakfast - weetabix 2 plus soya milk and 2 small apples

Mid nowt

Lunch big bowl of lentil soup and half a punnet of grapes and a panda licorice stick.

Mid - cuppa tea and 2 mandarins

Supper - mashed potatoes, carrots, green beans, peas, sweetcorn, redwoods cheatin' beef slices and gravy made with marigold stock engevita flakes and a teaspoon of tapioca flour to thicken. Yogurt cherry alpro and strawberries for afters.

No counting exercise today but leg strengthening again for running fitness.

Syns - licorice stick = 5 syns, beef slices = 5, tapioca flour = 2, yogurt = 2 - total = 14 which is over my target for 10 but food was so good today I can't be mad at myself. Looks like only one HEb but have had enough food today so ho hum.

Last edited:
25th October 2010

Breakfast -2 weetabix HEB and soya milk HEA - apple

Mid - third of a small melon and a satsuma

Lunch - grazing on lentil soup

Mid - 3 grapes and 2 hobnobs - fook the hobnobs are 3.5 each!:eek:

Supper - 2 hazelnuts, 2 brazils and a pecan nut = HEB now I am not a bit hungry - that'll be the nuts for you! Half a punnet of grapes and a yogurt.

syns = nobs - 7 syns yogurt = 2 syns - total of 9 syns.

no exercise today - am having a day off cos I deserve one.

Last edited:
woop! Woop!!!!!!!!!!!

26th October 2010

Breakfast - 2 weetabix and soya milk

Mid - 2 small apples and a mandarin

lunch - lentil soup and a grapefruit

Mid - 2 apples and a mandarin

Supper - Chips using a tablespoon of oil, mushy peas - vegan redwoods bacon slices, pickled beetroot and strawberries and alpro cherry yogurt for afters.

No exercise but I have had fun with my new thing that looks like a watch but is actually a heart monitor for the gym.

Syns - 5 for oil, 2 for yogurt and 2.5 for bacon = total of 9.5 syns. A good day! Seems there have been quite a few of those around today! Onwards!!!!!

Aww thank you, you sweetheart!

27th october 2010

Breakfast - 2 weetabix HEB and soya milk HEA and half a punnet of grapes

lunch - small nuked spud and half a can of beans and a small apple.

Supper - Roasted vegetables and couscous - veggies were - potato, mushrooms fried separately in a tablespoon of olive oil HEB, swede, carrots and onions. Couscous was made with stock. Afterwards. Melon and strawberries and yogurt.

No exercise today but will do running exercises later.
Syns - yogurt = 2 syns.

28th October 2010

Breakfast - 2 weetabix and soya milk and half a punnet of grapes through the day

Mid - apple and mandarin

Lunch - a packet of seabrook plain crisps :eek: and a raspberry ruffle :eek:

Supper - couscous with roasted vegetables left over from last night with sliced veggie bacon added and a banana and yogurt.

Syns - oh no! yogurt - 2, veggie bacon - 2, seabrook crisps - 6.5, raspberry ruffle - 2.5 - total = 13 - good job I only had 2 yesterday! :eek: I really enjoyed the crisps and ruffle but I am too sensible to let it spoil my path to 9st 2lb. :D

Are you sure raspberry ruffles are only 2.5syns? As i know they are 2.5 ww points....

the bars are 6 but the individual sweets are 2.5 according to the body optimise website. Do you think they are higher? Perhaps I should check again?

ah that makes sense then, i was talking about the bars :)
I like raspberry ruffles to.

29th October 2010

Went to the gym today to see my trainer about my dodgy knees. I really really love running and I don't want to give it up. He showed me some exercises but also told me to go to the shop in meadowhall that tests your gait for appropriate running shoes and told me why.

I bought some running shoes from a shop called vegetarian shoes - I googled vegan running shoes and that was the only option. As soon as I put them on I could feel the difference - they made my feet higher at the outside edges and lower in the inside edges. Scott showed me his trainers on the soles and you can tell by the tread pattern that he runs on the outside of his feet - penny dropped - if I run on the inside of my feet then the trainers I have already could be worsening the problem - that would make sense to be honest. Or perhaps I just want it to make sense to make life easier!

Anyhoo off to the running shop to see how things go.

Last edited:
Good luck at the shop, i need to get some supportive shoes to as my feet turn in a little bit (thank you mum! >.<) and i dont want to end up with problems like her, even tho i have pain already and im only 21!

interesting experience at the running shop - they videoed me running and then showed me the results. I have perfect gait which means that the running shoes I had that tilted my feet inwards were innappropriate for me. :eek: Serves me right for not going to get a proper job done in the first place.

That part was quite pleasurable and also..... I got a new sports bra and I had to go and try it on and the sight I saw in the changing room didn't revolt me! :bliss:
I didn't turn face forward, the sight was only from the side - and that was good enough for me at the mo! So! double win at the sports shop, in fact triple win as she also sold me some running socks and they are wonderful as well. :)Hope she is on commission.

So food for today

Breakfast - 2 weetabix and soya milk

Mid - shopping and starving so had a packet of starburst. :eek:

Lunch - small jacket and half a can of beans.

Mid - small apple and a mandarin and 2/3 of a cereal bar and then about 4pm I was hungry and had 2 more weetabix that is my 2nd heb for the day.

Supper - Spag bol with fake beef and lots of veggies and a yogurt - I will have a grapefruit later this evening.

Syns - :eek: starburst - 7, fake meat - 2, cereal bar - 4 and yogurt 2 = total of 15. Over the 10 AGAIN but I feel thinner today - will be interesting to see my weight on Tuesday to see if I am thinner or just imagining things.

OOOooh sounds like a very productive day!
xxx :)

Breakfast - 4 weetabix - Hebx2 with soya milk

Mid - small apple

Lunch - small jacket and half a can of beans

Mid - coffee and 2 small apples

Supper - left over spag bol and spaghetti from last night - grapefruit and yogurt and 2 snackajacks.

Syns 2 snackajacks = 4, yogurt = 2, fake meat = 2, total syns for the day = 8 yay!:D

There will be cavorting in our house the evening so definitely not on plan....

Breakfast - 2 weetbix and soya milk

Mid - narna and satsuma - lovely and sour yum

Lunch - Vegan bacon - slice of toast - beans - tomatoes

Mid - banana and large apple

Supper - volcanos or mountains - i.e. a big pile of mash with sausages sticking out of it and then a hole in the top with either peas (mountains) or baked beans (volcanos) overflowing. And beer.......:D

I will count the syns later - off to the gym to do some exercise.:) only 50 cals measured on rowing machine as a warm up to my leg muscle workout for running. Liked the vibrating machine v much although legs felt like jelly for a while after using it.

Syns - 2 vegan sausages - 4 syns, beer 12.5 syns, margarine in potatoes, 2 tablespoons - 10 syns - 4 morrisons after eights - 2 syns each - 8. total = 34.5. Oooo err missus! ARGH also a chocolate filled cornflake cake and a choc chip cookie. Pah! not even going to look - line under etc.

Last edited:
Back