Maria's back to it - 2014 food diary

Hello new subscribers!

Last night ended up being a bit of a disaster. In addition to my planned food I also had 4 digestives, a pack of go ahead slices and a bag of sunbites. I went over by 18 points and used up some of my weeklies. The disaster almost continued into today as it is looking like this:

B - Crumpets, low fat spread and jam (9)
L - 2 digestives, 4 chocolates from Xmas (9)
D - Chilli and rice ((11) plus bottle of alcohol free lager (1)
Snacks - fruit, tea and coffee (2)

26/26 plus 6 weeklies, leaving 22 weeklies for the next three days....should be fine if I can get my pigging under control.

Well u've still got plenty of weeklies so I reckon u will b fine!

Sent from my GT-P5110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Sarah 88.

So, having read a lot of posts on SS, I have decided to swerve it and stick to PP. The SS plan looks great but a bit restrictive for this time of year. I got no results with Slimming World which sounds very similar because I am greedy and end up eating larger portion sizes. As i need the discipline of portion control, I will try to eat more "green" foods but incorporate them in my PP plan rather than doing the full SS plan.

So this is the plan for today:

B - Tropical fruit (tinned, drained), 0% greek yogurt and a skinny latte (homemade) (3)
L - Chicken chasseur, mashed potato, broccoli and peas (11)
D - Turkey sandwich on nimble wholemeal bread with salad (5) homemade butternut squash, parsnip and carrot soup (2 approx, not made it yet), Dessert meringue nest with tropical fruit and greek yogurt (3)
Snacks - Fruit, tea and coffee (2)

This will leave me with 3 pp left, which I might use on two digestives with one of my coffees. Today is looking like it will be a good day. It will be even better if I can find the energy/motivation to get off my backside and go for a jog!

Sounds like a very good day

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

your food today sounds delish!!
im also sticking to pps,
i tried slimmin world n didnt see any great changes n i think it was portion control too!

I managed a 30 minutes run yesterday but am full of aches and pains today.

My day has gone like this:
B - Weetabix, banana, skimmed milk (4)
L - 2 Cappuccinos (4), cajun chicken, olives, salad (3)
D - chicken chasseur, mash, peas, veg (9) Dessert was meringue, greek yogurt, passion fruit coulis (3)
Snacks - fruit tea and coffee (2)

25/26 too full to use up last pp

Well done on the run! Aches show uve worked hard!

Thanks for your kind words Sarah. I just think I am unfit!

Today so far has gone like this
B - Cinnamon micro oats and banana (4)
L - Cajun chicken, jalapeños, olives, salad stuffed into a wholemeal pitta (8), WW fromage frais yoghurt (1)
D - Turkey & salad sandwich (6) & cuppasoup (2). Dessert will be meringue, tropical fruit, Greek yoghurt & mango coulis (3).
Snacks - fruit, coffee (2)

Will hopefully stick to the plan today seeing as it's WI tomorrow and my peek at the scales says I have gained a pound despite only using about 20 weeklies!

U will probably find that lb will b gone by tomorrow and more, thats y we shouldn't take a sneek peek! Im dying to wi but I gotta wait till friday :-( ur food for today sounds very tasty!

And sometimes exercise effects wi and also some ppl bot using many weeklies can find they dont loose as much as when they do use them all, doesn't make sense but something to do with ur body not getting enough! Id just wait and see what wi says tho :-D

Thanks for subscribing.

So much for staying on track today. I am still at work but have just scoffed a twirl. Still within my weeklies but seriously. ...what is wrong with me???

(Groans in despair. ..)

Line drawn - fresh week tomorrow.

Ur ok! Still in pp!

Good luck tomorrow

Thanks everyone. Amazingly, I am 1lb down. I have to admit I think it's because I dug out my lightest clothes today but I don't care - I'll take that pound!

Anyway, feeling determined again today and after the good SS results of other WW class members (one lady lost 9lb!), I am going to give it a go, despite what I said last week. I think I went off the rails over this last week because I hadn't eaten enough to keep me going so it makes sense to get more of the good stuff down me so that I am not tempted by the naughties.

So, my first day of SS is as follows:

B - Nothing! Holding off until WI.
L - Jacket potato, baked beans and salad with a skinny cappuccino down the local caff.
D - Whole trout baked in olive oil, lemon, black pepper and sea salt, baby potatoes, broccoli and carrots. Dessert will be my new fave: 0% fat Greek yogurt, tropical fruit cocktail, half a meringue nest (Treat 1)
Snacks - fruit, tea and coffee

My tea (Dinner) will be larger than usual so I doubt I will want the other treat. Feeling good about this so far.

Well done! I knew u would b ok! Dinner sounds lovely!

I usually have to report that I have had more grub than I had planned for but today, for a change, it's the other way around. I didn't have my dessert last night because I was so full of trout and potatoes!

Today so far, still on SS, I had

B - 2 crumpets topped with mashed banana and cinnamon. Very nice indeed and kept me going until lunch time.
L - Baked potato, baked beans and red onion. Skinny latte.
D - Cajun chicken wraps, olives (Treat 1) and salad. Dessert will be the usual Greek yogurt and fruit. Might thrown in half a meringue as well (Treat 2)
Snacks - the usual fruit, tea and coffee.

Thats great, well done!

Food looking great mrs, I'm the same this week on ss, not really felt hungry between meals apart from one day! Had the odd evening craving for junk but free popcorn and crumpets etc have been great. Loving the plan so far.

Back