Maria's back to it - 2014 food diary

Thanks Sarah88 and skinhead. Yes, it's been a revelation so far but the proof of not eating the pudding will be on the scales next Wednesday.
I have to say, I am full again and might give the dessert a miss again. I am trying not to eat for the sake of it this week but I will snack when I feel I need to.

I couldn't get any WW wraps today though so I bought Tesco's wholemeal light choices ones instead and am hoping they won't mess up the plan. I am hoping it is just a WW marketing ploy listing only their products! Just in case, I dropped the olives, which were originally listed as a treat in today's plan. Hopefully, that will atone for it.

Thats really good that ur not just eating cause u can and to have a treat when u need it makes more sense!

I would have thought the wraps would b fine, perhaps check to see if they work out the same pp as the ww ones cause I think if its the same points it would b ok :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I think those wraps would be ok, I used sainsburys be good to yourself ones during the week and didn't do any harm.

Right-o, thanks to you both.

Thanks Sarah88 and skinhead. Yes, it's been a revelation so far but the proof of not eating the pudding will be on the scales next Wednesday.
I have to say, I am full again and might give the dessert a miss again. I am trying not to eat for the sake of it this week but I will snack when I feel I need to.

I couldn't get any WW wraps today though so I bought Tesco's wholemeal light choices ones instead and am hoping they won't mess up the plan. I am hoping it is just a WW marketing ploy listing only their products! Just in case, I dropped the olives, which were originally listed as a treat in today's plan. Hopefully, that will atone for it.

Are you pro pointing or f&h? Sainsbury wholemeal wrap are 0pp on f&h

Are you pro pointing or f&h? Sainsbury wholemeal wrap are 0pp on f&h

I am giving Simple Start a go (which is virtually the same as F&H from what I can see). I love Sainsburys but we don't have one over here (Isle of Man). Pretty much stuck with Tesco's, hence their light choices wraps. I think they should be ok.

So I did end up having my dessert last night when I started to feel a bit peckish. Just had a small portion though so as not to keep me awake all night. I am about to put my tea on and so far my day is looking like this:

B - Crumpets, topped with mashed banana and cinnamon.
L - Cajun chicken wrap with mixed salad and a small side of pan fried potatoes (last nights leftovers). Skinny latte.
D - Spaghetti bolognaise. Dessert: Greek yogurt, raspberries, blueberries and meringue (Treat 1).
Snacks - fruit, tea and coffee.
As it's Friday, WW cheese puffs (Treat 2) for later (hoping they are classed as a SS Treat - I think they are).

It's been such a long week this week. I am looking forward to watching a bit of dross TV (Emmerdale, Corrie, Come Dine With Me etc) and letting my brain have a rest.

Have a great weekend everyone. X

Brilliant day, im unsure about the treats so cant help u there, im sure the crisps will b fine tho :-D

Have a nice night :-D

Brilliant day, im unsure about the treats so cant help u there, im sure the crisps will b fine tho :-D

Have a nice night :-D

Thanks Sarah, you too.

Today looks great! A nice wee night of tv without taxing your brain is needed now and again!!

Definitely on a Friday! I'm just going to dig out some WW cook books for some inspiration. Don't know why, I'm a lousy cook!

Dont worry im not brilliant either :-D

I had to climb off the wagon today. Husband got a new job and we were supposed to have a celebratory meal (I had planned chicken for myself, steak for him) but he didn't fancy it. He then sounded so miserable I offered to share the remainder of the Xmas box of chocs with him instead. He enjoyed them (and to be honest so did I) but I would have preferred to have stuck to plan today. Ah well. Back to SS. I shall have no more treats today:

B - Yogurt, banana, raspberries and blueberries
L - Spahetti bolognaise with 5% fat mince and wholemeal spaghetti (leftovers from last night)
D - Salmon, new potatoes, broccoli, carrots and parsley sauce
Celebration snacks - 6 dairy box chocolates, a bag of WW cheese puffs and a handful of dry roasted peanuts.
Other snacks - fruit, tea and coffee

At least the naughties were all over and done with in the space of an hour. I hope the rain eases off tomorrow so I can get out for a run. Hip pain or not, I need to atone!

Well done on the new job! Im sure a couple chocs wont hurt

Well done on the new job! Im sure a couple chocs wont hurt

Thanks.
Although I am trying to do SS this week (apart from today's blip), I am still pp'ing to keep my portion control in check (and also just out of curiosity). If I were doing PP rather than SS I would still have 29 left to see me through until Tuesday night so in the grand scheme of things it wasn't too bad.

I have spent the day trawling the internet looking for an evening dress that does not show too much heavage/cleavage. I can't bear the thought of wearing one of those flimsy spaghetti strap little numbers and the dresses I've got I must have worn to all of my works do's. I think a little trip to TK Maxx is in order for tomorrow lunchtime.

Today's food has looked like this:

B - Crumpets with small banana and cinnamon on top
L - Crumpets x 3, banana, apple, bag of WW cheese puffs (Treat 1)
D - Roast chicken, roasties with rosemary and sage, carrots, broccoli and gravy (cornflour - Treat 2). Dessert was Greek yogurt, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries.
Snacks - fruit, tea coffee

I intended to go for a run today but totally failed after 5 mins so ended up running/walking my way around my route. Hip was in pain, calves were killing, felt generally pants. Still burned over 400 calories though so it was better than nothing. Just off to plan tomorrow's feasts.....

Crap week. It felt like forever on SS only to get a STS!

Had a few binges since Tuesday night, including half a bottle of wine last night. I think I can forgive myself under the circumstances - my brother died suddenly and unexpectedly on Tuesday.

I now have a grip of my emotions and restarted the plan properly today. Won't get a loss on Wednesday but at least I am back in control.

Oh my goodness, that is awful Maria. Sorry for your loss. X

Thank you. x

Well today I have been very good so far but it usually the evenings things go wrong....

B - Toast (nimble) topped with banana and cinnamon
L - Poached egg and beans on toast. Greek yogurt with blueberries and strawberries.
D - Baked swordfish with roasted garlic and mediterranean vegetables on a bed of brown rice (fabulous!)
Dessert - meringue (Treat 1), yogurt and fruit cocktail
Snacks - fruit, tea and skinny lattes

We are about to sit down and watch a film and just need to be able to stay off the snacks and wine!

Sorry for ur loss

Back