Mark's Daily Diary

Yeah, that's a good one in regards to the trouser size.

I've also got a little goal set in regards to the "Easter Challenge" (21lb), albeit I'll be finishing a week before everyone else as I'm off on hols.

Talking of off, I'm off to try the soup and sort a bath out for the little one getting home from horse riding.

It'll probably be tomorrow when I get back on now, so I'll update my diary and let you know how the soup was.

Have a good evening.

Thanks for the encouragement...feeling quite motivated.

I've just finished the chicken soup, and I must say, after the flapjacks today it was absolutely lovely. I got a bit carried away with the pepper, but it was good all the same (you were right Chelly! ;) ).

Will update my post tomorrow with full diary info....

Haha Im always right!! :).. Seems like we are taste bud twins mark :)

Glad you enjoyed it!!

Speak to you tomorrow :D

Hiya Mark,

Just noticed ya had a diary and as I read through it, couldnt just go and say nothing. So wanna wish ya all the best with LT although it sounds like ya are well and truly on your way with it. All the best with your first wi and fingers are crossed for a good result as ya truly deserve it and I will be waiting patiently for the result.
Take care

Actually - some of us do find the fibre in the flapjacks helps with action at the 'other end' ;) ......

I prefer the coconut ones - I didn't think the peanut one was going to stay down! Dont think I'll be getting them again!

Keep up the good work Mark! I wouldn't worry too much about weighing after 5 days - after that it'll be weekly - you'll have lost the same total amount after all.

Thanks for all the positive comments, they are appreciated and a help! :D

Day 4:

Day started off a little awkward with the confusion over whether it was OK to eat the flapjacks in the first week. Eventually got confirmation from the Chemist mid-morning and proceeded with the peanut one.

It had already broken into small pieces being in my bag, so I decided I would eat it in about 1cm square chunks. At first the taste was quite pleasant, then after a while it went worse and was quite a chore getting it down....took me over 3 hours to finish it off.

Had some quite severe stomach pains during the day and into the night, even though I'd taken in around 4 litres of water.

Finished the rest of the working day on water and coffee, trying to get rid of the flapjack taste.

Arrived home and decided to make tea for the family (my usual job, but I'd been avoiding the kitchen at normal meal times), it was a good test of will-power, especially as I was making a pasta dish for them (love pasta). I was quietly pleased with myself how easy it was not to nibble.

I then opted for my coconut flapjack, imagine my disappointment when I opened it up to find it looked and smelt the same and the taste was only mildly different to me! I managed half and the rest went away for later that evening.

Around 8:15, I decided to try the soup...and what a pleasant surprise....heaven sent after the flapjacks. Mixed with pepper and not too runny, it was delicious. I actually ate it with a teaspoon to make it last longer (how silly is that lol).

No headaches today....they moved from my head to my stomach....I'm not sure if it's from the need to go, or from hunger. Didn't sleep too well because of the pains and the loo breaks with all the water.

Lets hope today is better.

Conclusion for day 4....

Flapjacks - Never again!!!!!!
Soup - Order more for next batch! :)

By the way, in case you were wondering....the other half of the coconut flapjack was filed under B for BIN! :p

hahaha Day for 4 sounds fantastic!!

well done for getting the flapjack down, they do take some getting used to.. i dont really mind them, but have to gear myself up to ea tthem!!!

Glad u enjoyed the soup! im also a teaspoon eater! works for me!

feels nice to have a hotmeal i think, especially as i live pretty much on chocolate shakes, so a savoury soup is always a welcome change...

well done for making it to day 4, your past the worst now!

the pains may well be the flapjack, as the first time i had one after so long withut any solid, its kind of "flumped" into my stomach and i felt sick for hours...

keep drinking the water though, the night toilet breaks slow down i found as i adjusted the my increased water intake and now dont get up once... unless iv drank maybe half an hour before bed...

many congrats ok cooking a meal! i know what its like to test yourself, and to prove your own will power, it feels fab, and it helps to break the unhealthy relationships with food!!!

stay positive, and keep going!!!

Thanks Lauren - I'm looking forward to my weigh-in now, but need to survive the weekend...need to keep myself occupied! lol

Thats the key... i have had more longggg bubble baths, walks with the dog, runs, drives and god knows what else in the last 6 weeks than my whole life haha

but it works!!

Well, I've got a weight bench and some weights in storage in the garden, so might them dig them out and do some light weights, just to keep me occupied and I suppose the exercise will do me good too. Might even borrow brothers dog and go for a walk with it. :)

Perfect! lol sounds like a plan,

always good to tone, and a bit of cardio in the first week wont do u any harm! just dont overdo it, and increase it as you feel your body can!!

Well done for getting this far, I start monday and im dreading the first week BIG TIME!! Im going to do it though! I hope lol

Well, I've got a weight bench and some weights in storage in the garden, so might them dig them out and do some light weights, just to keep me occupied and I suppose the exercise will do me good too. Might even borrow brothers dog and go for a walk with it. :)

save the weights till week 2 or 3 lol take the dog out insted , fresh air will do u good , ur not spose to do any think in week 1 any way ...... but who ever listens LOL ;) , just take it easy let ur body ajust :D

LOLS ......... no comment :p

Back