marrow base pizza

so my friend gave me a HUGE marrow, wondered what i could make for it, so i sliced discs of it off, made a tomato base by stickin some olive oil, fresh tomatoes, a garlic clove and some chilli powder in a pan, cookin it up then blendin it. I put the marrow under the grill just to dry it out, then topped with a small amount of tomato sauce, mushrooms, green peppers and cheese..... viola!! they were lovely, and low carb x

Yum!

That sounds really nice :D

it IS REAALLLY nice. ive tried it with thinner and thicker slices of marrow n thinner is definately better. If you cant find marrow then you can make pizza fingers with courgettes sliced long ways.

ive just discovered flaxmeal too so been experimenting. Just made flaxmeal bread which i nibbled and is gorgeous! and ive also made coconut macaroons which are just yummy!! i think im gunna love this low carb thing. Despite them being higher cal, it seems to be working with exante as ive lost 9lb in 9 days so far. No doubt i would lose more if i was doin TS but its much more fun this way and by my reckonin, less likely to have much weight regain

Ooo yes. Need substitutes for bread. It is my biggest weakness. Having these soups without bread is the worst part of the diet. It just feels wrong.

Back