May 2011 Starters!

Well done Mandie, its tough when u have a day like that-mine was yesterday and to be honest i've hardly drunk anything today (1 litre so far) and was really late for packs - 2 had now mind! My LLC just rang and said she hadn't realised i was having IVF-ARRRRGHHHH I'M NOT! Well not yet anyhow as my BMI needs to be under 30 (it is 40) LLC said it was difficult cos she has put it on there and LL might pull her up on it-they best not stop me now, i'm on a mission!

Hi all, hope everyone's doing well. I had my first weigh in last night and I've lost 7lbs! In truth I had hoped for a bit more, but realistically I'm really chuffed with that - 7lbs is a big step on the journey! I'm still doing fine motivation wise, and I've got my first bars now too which will give me a bit of a variety in textures this week so here's hoping I can have another decent loss! Best wishes to everyone else for this week, and Nicola, I hope everything gets sorted out with your LLC re the IVF!

Hi all, hope everyone's doing well. I had my first weigh in last night and I've lost 7lbs! In truth I had hoped for a bit more, but realistically I'm really chuffed with that - 7lbs is a big step on the journey! I'm still doing fine motivation wise, and I've got my first bars now too which will give me a bit of a variety in textures this week so here's hoping I can have another decent loss! Best wishes to everyone else for this week, and Nicola, I hope everything gets sorted out with your LLC re the IVF!

Many thanks and well done to you too! I had hoped for a little more on my first weigh in too-weighed on Wednesday evening and lost seven pounds too! Keep at it, we can do it! Day 9 for me, to be honest whatever happens (don't want to sound like i'm giving up) but whatever happens i now know i can live without food!!! LOL

Hi all. I have been reading this and I'm inspired by you all. I have my induction meeting tomorrow, I have pre booked my Gp appointment (earliest I could get was wednesday) So I hope that by the end of the week I would have started my LighterLife journey. I am so excited, yet nervous. I have been on too many diets, and I am desperate to lose about 5 stone by next year so I can try for baby number 2!
Does anyone have any tips? Do you all think I will beable to start by next week? I will pay my £15 admin fee tomorrow. Is it pay weekly or monthly?
Gosh so many questions! Just wish I could start now!
Did any of you have any problems with GP's signing you off?
Good luck everyone and I hope to be joining this grop real soon!
xx

Welcome mrsfatawu :) The £15 fee is just paid once. Thereafter you just pay your weekly fee for the foodpacks and meetings. My GP wouldn't sign, but the LL counsellor organised a locum GP to see me. Otherwise some branches of Superdrug will do it for a fee. My only tip is to stay focused on your goal and remember that you're choosing to do this. It really wasn't as bad as I was expecting at all.

Welcome and well done to all the May starters, you certainly have done well!!:D And to those not yet started, keep focussed and cut out the carbohydrates if you can, reduces the risk of headaches!

I'm quite new to LLT too, in answer to a couple of questions in the thread:
I take my packs to work emptied in a plastic container and mix it up when I am ready, I don't want any comments etc at work, this is for ME! Also I have told them I am off dairy at the moment, trying to give my stomach a rest, which they have not challenged.

I also bought 2 mini balloon whisks, one for work one for home, so no lumps!

I have a Kenwood Smoothie to Go mixer which I use for my shakes at home, half ice half water, very smooth! and filling, in fact scrummy!!:D:D

GP issue, mine would not sign the form regardless of the fact I am overweight and it's MY choice, had to go pay to go private for the first one, now I can go to ASDA pharmacy free of charge for monthly blood pressure checks, no appointment needed.

Finally, this has been a bit of a struggle at times, I have an outfit hanging on the outside of my wardrobe I bought a couple of years ago and never wore, I look at that and smile, 'one day'. Have been treating myself to lots of hot baths and candles, it's all about ME!
I bought the recommended from another thread (sorry can't remember who posted it, but it's great), my copy arrived today and already it is making sense.
The Beck Diet Solution, by Judith S Beck, available from The Works, or Amazon, it's well worth the read.:D

Carry on downwards, and keep posting, this forum really is a great source of inspiration and font of lots of knowledge!

Jx

Ohhhh i have a Kenwood Smoothie to go-best thing ever, my fave is half ice, half water, vanilla pack and a shot of coffee-its fantastic! Also coffee in the banana is nice too!

Swanseacity123 said:
Ohhhh i have a Kenwood Smoothie to go-best thing ever, my fave is half ice, half water, vanilla pack and a shot of coffee-its fantastic! Also coffee in the banana is nice too!

Me too - love my smoothie to go!! Strawberry shake lots of ice and eat with a long handled teaspoon :)

Swanseacity123 said:

Yeh the best ones to get fantastic,got one myself!
Sexy xx

All these tips sound delish! I had my induction on Sat, got my GP appointment on Wednesday and I hope to go to my first meeting on Saturday, so I'm not too sure if I should start on that Saturday or on the sunday? Just wish I could be joining with you all now ladies!

Oh well I'm just going to be nosey and use all your weightloss as my inspiration, Keep going girlies your all doing so well!
xx

alighterlife said:
All these tips sound delish! I had my induction on Sat, got my GP appointment on Wednesday and I hope to go to my first meeting on Saturday, so I'm not too sure if I should start on that Saturday or on the sunday? Just wish I could be joining with you all now ladies!

Oh well I'm just going to be nosey and use all your weightloss as my inspiration, Keep going girlies your all doing so well!
xx

Good luck, you will find this site really inspirational, particularly some if the diaries as they often help identify and solve some of the issues you might face xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've found this week really tough but managed to stay 100% and lost 6.4lb this week which takes me below 300 :) Best of luck to everyone else x

Well done 'Candothis!' fab result!! I too have struggled this week, stayed 100% abstinent mind so we shall see!

fab loss, well done xx

Hiya all, as some of you might know i love my 'frappe' style shakes! Anyhow i decided to 'mix it up' a bit today so had half banana, half chocolate, crushed ice and water---was delish!!! 2nd weigh in tomorrow for me and i don't think i have lost that much-just have a feeling if you know what i mean!

I'm soooo excited :)
Went to my GP ready for a fight lol and he promptly filled out my form telling me he likes my determination and as I am paying so much for LL and doing it off my own back he wont charge me the usual £40 for filling it out. whoop whoop. He told me to come back in a month and he hopes I stick to it and if I have any problems I can call him!
Tesco have delivered my bottles of water lol tonnes of it but if I see 2x2litres sitting there I know how much water I have left, plus I'm not keen on tap water so might invest in a brita. I have been emailing my counciller and then texted her this morning asking what time my first session is today and she hasnt replied to anything since sunday, so I might just phone her to find out for sure. I was pondering if I should start today or Sat, but I managed to blag the day off work so I figure as I have the go-ahead from my GP I can just start today, so officially tomorrow is my first day, but I don't want to eat tonight....gosh I'm rambling.
I feel like I have a little secret, I know that in about 2 weeks my trousers won't be so tight lol, I'm a fattie getting healther! he he he
Bring it on LL.
also I must take a trip to Lush, figure I will treat myself to a lush bath after each WI day... will keep you all posted ladies
:)

Aaaaawwww! Loving your enthusiasm Hun! I remember how excited I was when I was about to start LL!
It's a life changing process! Wishing you all the best of luck xxx

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

Back