May check-in

You're doing great. And your snacks sound lovely.

I'm 16/19 today. Had a lovely baked potato today. First one I've had in ages.

16 is good, you must be so focused too! I LOVE jacket spuds. I've realised though that I don't need as big a spud as I thought I did. Even so 2.5 - 3 points is is a bargain to fill you up! I've had a good couple of days bring a few under and have 3 points extra to spend today. It's the day before weigh in though so probably won't get through them ask just in case it effects weigh in.

You could use them all tomorrow after you've been weighed as your weigh-in day treat!

I would love to lose 2 lbs on Tuesday as that would take me to a 1 stone loss since starting.

That would be fab, but I think I will write them off as it's the start of my new week. I'm going to have a slice of (pointed, once I've worked it out) cheesecake today instead :)
Fingers crossed for that 2lbs next week xxx I've got mine crossed for 2 as well!

That makes sense Hules. I must admit I changed the day when my weekly points started so I could have a little blow out with saved points if I wanted on the day of my weigh-in. Then I'd have the whole week to work it off if necessary. That said I've never done it yet and have been so chuffed with my losses that I haven't wanted to ruin it!!!

I feel that way too! I lost 4st before I got married thinks ago and had a blowout after nearly every weigh in, I reckon that's why it took me over 2 years

How much are you wanting to lose?

I guess about 2½ stone overall but at least aiming for getting into the 11s I feel comfortable there. How about you?

Until I get to 10 stone and then I'll see how I feel.

Hi Honey-J. Hope you can join us soon
I will be ladies from bank holiday that Monday :D I'm currently on a meal replacement diet to shift some stubborn lbs.

im a proud owner of a calculator vintage style plan from eBay...

Well done on your losses too. Xx

My goals are 11.5 by August 19th then to continue with WW to reach the 10's for Christmas day.

Can I ask do u both use kitchen weighing scales ???

Hi honey-j! Yay! Welcome and how exciting about the calculator :) Do you mean scales for weighing out food? I do, I'm fully pointing so I need to know exactly how much it weighs or how much I can have for my points. Pasta, rice etc and I always weigh my spuds before I cook them. Saying that though I do get a rough idea about how much of something I can have after a while for my points and can do it by eye or by counting (i.e. 10 grapes= about ½ point). They're just cheap digital scales.
How has it gone so far on the meal replacement journey? Has it been working for you?

Oh, and 2lb loss today :)

Morning Hules. Well done on your loss today. You wanted 2 off didn't you?! Don't forget to update your challenge.

Honey-J. I'm like Jules. I do use my kitchen scales a lot in conjunction with the 'Shop' book and calculator. Things like pasta, cereal, chicken, potatoes, grapes all need to be weighed out. It's amazing how much a portion can be overestimated. Like you I did meal replacement but I couldn't cope with the excrutiating constipation. I'm glad I've gone back to vintage Ww as the losses are steady and I'm learning portion control at the same time.

Ahh, portion control. That's why I'm back with vintage too. I have none usually!

hi all, i am returning to the boards having put 4 stone of the 9 stone I originally lost back on. This is the only eating plan that works for me so I am digging out the old books and starting again. So pleased that there are still other people who follow the old plan!

Looking forward to posting more on here and getting to know all of you!

Hello!!!! Welcome to our little group. We are doing well so far.

Yay! The more people the merrier! Good luck with your first week Sharkbait!
I've had a good few days. I'm really busy at work but I've really settled in now - relaxed into it all, and even went out to dinner and dancing all within points. I guess I'm mostly pleased that I'm eating healthily too.
How's it going Danders hun?

Morning!

I'm fine. Lost 0.75 lbs this morning which is just crashing me into the 11s!!! Whilst I'm very happy with that, I am conscious that I've cheated a little to achieve this as I have weighed-in first thing rather than my usual evening weigh-in. However, TOTM is threatening and I am a bit of a carb monster at the moment, despite sticking within my points. So hopefully next week I'll have a 'truer' loss. But as I'm so stressed about my exam, I'm just going to accept this little tweaking of the figures!!!!

I am so chuffed that I've stuck to it whilst revising as normally I'd be munching to get me through the stress and boredom of revision. So I could easily be 12.75 lbs ON at this stage, rather than off.

How's everyone else getting on?

Back