may have to give up going to class soon

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
Money is just not stretching that far. Plus i have joined a running club. (only £2 a week, but i am the only one working, hubby is a househusband).
I know that if i gave up the class then i have all of you for support and advice, but i am really worried about going it alone. I have pre-paid and have (including this week) 5 weeks left.
I may book another 6 week course so that i would have 12 weeks under my belt so should be settled.

any advise gladly appreciated.
xx

I lost 2 stone last time I did SW, I too had to give up meetings because of money restraints, I ended up putting on 2.5 stone.

But I guess it is up to each individual, I found that I need to go to the meetings each week.

That's such a shame Tara. I don't want to comment on your financial situation but if it's really important to you, is there anything you have in your life currently that you can save £4.50 on? Maybe one bottle of wine or a treat could be sacrificed for your class money?

Hope that's not too much of an intrusion on your privacy, I just can tell how important this is to you.

Jay xx

Hi Tara, I go it alone at home too because as a single mum I just cant afford it.... I got all my stuff off ebay and thanks to this forum, so far, I havent felt the need to go to a class. I know there are others here too that dont go to a class.... so Im sure they will say hello when they read this....
If it wasnt for this forum, it may be a different story....

hmm, i see what you mean Jaylou, i dont really drink much. we have a bottle between us on a friday and saturday. so even if i didnt have a glass then DH would still drink it.
I will look at finances again, and i do personally benefit from the classes. I have just received slightly more in tax credits that would cover this. DH just seemed moaney yesterday when i returned from running club. but he has got a tooth abcess and maybe i was reading more into it. i think the best thing would be for me to sit down and talk to him tonight.
thanks for your advice.

I agree with Debby, I got my books off Ebay and found this forum and I am going it alone too, but I am losing, remember you will have all the info from your classes as well as this forum to keep you on track, I hope you manage to get something sorted, good luck to you.

Wait...You are the breadwinner but your husband is complaining about you spending money on yourself? No way. It's not even as though you are spending it on drugs, or bingo! You're getting fit and slim for goodness sake! And £6.50 per week for two nights out is CHEAP.

Maybe he is insecure? Whatever the reason, stand your ground. My other half murmured something about money when I started SW and again when I bought a bracelet and charms to reward myself... I simply stated that what I spend MY money on is my own business and then I drew attention to his Xbox and the HUNDREDS of pounds worth of games and points HE has managed to afford. That shut him up.

He isnt all bad. he made me go running last night and when i was thinking of leaving SW before he persuaded me to continue. i think it was just time of the month :)
Even though i work i dont regard it as my money. he looks after the boys at the moment, which is a hard job in itself. he was a plasterer but his left wrist is knackered. had loads of operations and had his scafoid bone removed and now has a metal plate. the good news is, is that he has applied for funding to become a nursery school TA. he will be brilliant in that role.

Wait...You are the breadwinner but your husband is complaining about you spending money on yourself? No way. It's not even as though you are spending it on drugs, or bingo! You're getting fit and slim for goodness sake! And £6.50 per week for two nights out is CHEAP.

Maybe he is insecure? Whatever the reason, stand your ground. My other half murmured something about money when I started SW and again when I bought a bracelet and charms to reward myself... I simply stated that what I spend MY money on is my own business and then I drew attention to his Xbox and the HUNDREDS of pounds worth of games and points HE has managed to afford. That shut him up.

Lol....you tell him!!!!

I think there are some things which even in a financial crisis you can't afford to skimp on and that's your health.
Have you thought about raising some money? We're currently going through cupboards, attic and shed collecting stuff for a car boot sale. It's amazing how much crap you can collect over time. I have lot's of kid's toys that my daughter has grown too old for but were too expensive to just give away so I've told her we'll sell them for her and then she can buy herself something new with the money.

Oh bless him. Sorry, I didn't mean to be a b*tch but being on my second divorce and living with someone very opinionated and (almost) half my age has made me a little tougher than I used to be and less of a "pleaser". Heh. Men love it when you stand up to them anyway, hahaha!

I hope things work out for you financially, it sounds like you've been through a lot together. We share most of our money too but experience has taught me that keeping some aside to be your "own" causes less of a debate when one of you wants something for themselves (as we all occasionally do).

Good luck! *hug*

Hi Tara, I hope it all works out for you, we are in a similar situation at the mo with money becoming really tight, I m cutting back to make sure I have the money to go to class because I don't think I could do it without, if it gets to the point where it looks like I will have to give up then I will spek to my leader & see if there is anything SW can help with & also I have heard that some NHS regions will pay for around 12 classes but I believe you have to meet certain criteria & I am only 12 pounds off target now so I just trying to get there as fast as possible because then at least if I maintain it will be free.

Let me know how you get on though

also I have heard that some NHS regions will pay for around 12 classes

I heard this too. I think you have to see your GP first and if they run the scheme then you get a form from the class I think for the GP to fill in and away you go. Some GP's also offer a weekly weigh in with the practice nurse too who if you fill in a food diary, will help and support you. XX

thanks for your responses. Firstly i did check with my GP and he wasnt aware of our area doing this. may have a word with my leader though.
spoke to hubby last night and i think it was just his man's month time :)
am going to continue going to class and continue with the running club. mind you there is a lady who jogs for an hour a day on her own, so when i get a bit better and consistent in the running (and braver) i will start doing it on my own.

thanks for all your advise and i just wanted to let you know the outcome and that my hubby really isnt that bad :)

Hi Tara, that's great news for you chick. I never thought your hubby was bad :) I think we were all just concerned for you!!

i have got ages until goal. i have a challenge until July where i have i think 13lbs to loose but i have about 5 stone to go.

Back