May I join you?

clare-jo

Hello everyone I joined my local SW class yesterday having lost just over 1 1/2 stone on WW. However I was starting to get a little bored with WW and having done SW before, I thought I would give it another go.

When I signed up I was thrilled to learn of the Extra Easy plan which has been introduced since I last did SW. This will make Christmas dinner much easier!

What are everyones thoughts on Extra Easy though? Are the results as good as Green/Original days?

Look forward to getting to know you all.

Clare x

Hi Clare and welcome along!!
EE is great and the losses are good on it, for me I need to have the 1/3rd superfree foods with each meal but SW only recommend this.
Some people don't like it but it really is so so easy and the losses are just as good.
Good luck!

Hi Clare

Welcome to the boards.

I've only been back at class a few weeks myself so haven't done a full week of EE yet but other members of my class swear by it and have had really good weight losses without ever feeling they were on a diet!

Jo x

hi claire
welcome i only do green days as it works for me but good luck with whatever plan you decide to do

i perfer green/red as i like structure - i am not good with too much lenience. however, has saved my bacon when I have been in the deep water and as kept me going without wrecking my plan. everyone is different though, so whatever you decide I wish you all the sucess with your weight loss :)

I personally find doing too many EE days slows my losses, so I tend to do 6 days Green and 1 day EE for Sunday dinners. I also miss not having the other 2 healthy extras (you get 4 on Green/Original). However, if I do fancy a bit of chicken with my dinner I can easily rearrange my day and change to EE. I also do EE if I'm going out for a meal, as it really widens your meal options as opposed to original/green.
Everyone's different, so it's a case of finding what works best for you. Good luck!

Hi and welcome, most of the people in my group do extra easy and have great losses. I'm not much of a meat eater so tend to stick to Green but give extra easy a go if it suits you. Good Luck

Welcome and good luck! Early days for me on EE (lost almost 4 stone before I had my little boy on SW Red/Green) but so far so good!

Thanks for all your replies. I think I'll give it a week on the EE and see how I get on.

Hi well done on joining before christmas, thats dedication. Good luck.

It was either join now or risk putting on about a stone over Christmas! I really dont want to ruin all my hard work.

Welcome!
I only do EE as I find it so much easier and more flexible.
When I was a SW previously before EE came out I did a mixture of red/green and looking back my losses were about the same.
I found red/green too restrictive, hence me giving up even though I targeted once before.
Now I find it a way of life, am enthused as I was on day one and am going to stick at it forever.
A lot of people are scared to change after they have been going red and/or green for some time. They can't get into the mind set. One girl in our class was really struggling to shift any weight on red. She decided to try EE, and lost 2 pounds this week despite eating out and having a vast amount of alcohol one night.
Good luck!

I'm exactly the same as sonia! Only done EE and lost every single week! Gave up a few years ago when doing red/green as I got bored and found it restrictive. EE feels like normal eating that I could do forever!! Good luck with whichever plan you choose :)

Hi Clare-Jo and welcome aboard the wonderful world of Slimming World!! I do mostly extra-easy and I've lost 12lb in 7 weeks, admittedly not as fast as some have done it, but I'm chuffed all the same! If I lost another 12lb in the next 7 weeks I'll be well on my way to 2 stone and that would be amazing as I'm enjoying all my food so much! One tip I would give you on coping with just 1HEa and 1HEb instead of the 2 of each on Green and Red is that if you have a cooked breakfast ie quorn sausages/less than 3% fat sausages (free if it's Morrisons Eat Smart ones, 0.5 syns each if Sainsburys, Asda or Tescos ones), eggs, baked beans, mushrooms, tomatoes (or any combination of free stuff of your choice!) instead of cereal and milk, you can save your Healthy Extras for later in the day such as some cheese and ryvita, a packet of ryvita minis or 2 Alpen Light bars in work when everyone else is picking from the Quality Street tin! I also feel that a cooked brekkie sustains me for much longer than 28g porridge does! It's not like the olden days when I used to have a huge bowl of porridge! I do still have it if I choose a green day (I add a banana and/or other fruit such as blueberries to bulk it out a bit!). Good luck, I thoroughly recommend Extra Easy and have lost weight 6 out of 7 weigh-ins!XXX

Back