May I join you?

kezzyBee

Silver Member
Hi please can i join you guys??

Well after much deliberating about which diet to start, i've gone from slim fast to ww, but have now decided the way to go is low carb!:D So I started yesterday and all is well so far. I am not following atkins strictly i.e counting strictly and weighing veg as the book tells you to, i am just not eating bread, pasta, rice, potatoes and other starchy things, but am eating plenty of veg and protein. Does this sound ok? I've been following it for 1 day so far and feel better already! :)
I hope I am ok to join you on here. ooh I am looking forward to trying the oopsie rolls!!:p

Of course KezzyBee!

I'm not following Atkins either and gatecrashed this place! :D I'm doing low-carb and taking in some of the principles of Atkins and Pig 2 Twig. It's all pretty much the same in my opinion, the basic "rules" I mean.

Everyone here is so super duper helpful and really lovely people. You'll get on just fine :) I'm new myself (well I joined last year and lurked for ages!) and have found a little home for myself :D

Well done on your first weeks loss!

Hi Kezzybee, welcome!!!
As mets said everyone is super nice on here and really helpful, i would not have done as well as i have without the support of the angels :)

Hello thanks for your reply :)
That weeks loss was on slim fast and i put it all back on!!:sigh2: but nomore losing weight then gaining it back from now on, low carb is gonna be the one I stick with!! I hope my first weigh in on here is impressive then I will feel a little better about being naughty!!:eek:

of course your welcome!!!!

atkins is the way to go :D

Hello thanks for your reply :)
That weeks loss was on slim fast and i put it all back on!!:sigh2: but nomore losing weight then gaining it back from now on, low carb is gonna be the one I stick with!! I hope my first weigh in on here is impressive then I will feel a little better about being naughty!!:eek:

My first loss wasn't impressive, neither my second :D But they're a loss at the end of the day.... (plus I cheated somewhat! :D)

Thanks for all the replies....I am loving this diet so far! Off to make a fry up or grill up should i say:D
oooh I forgot to ask.....what do you all snack on, do you prepare low carb things in the morning for throughout the day or just maybe grab bits of cheese or raw veg etc?

You can do yeah. Or cold meats, pepporami... eggs. To be honest though when you hit ketosis most people don't need a snack.

Hi kezzyBee! This board is great, everyone is really helpful and positive! Am quite new as well and picking up loads of tips and recipes.

Hi Kerry, welcome :)

Hi Kerry and welcome - it's great on here, trouble is you end up sitting here all day nattering instead of doing what you should be doing LOL :D

you're all so lovely thank you for making me feel so welcome :)
Will i go into ketosis if i am not following atkins to the book? Also I have had cereal for breakfast today and yesterday, should I knock this on the head and just go with bacon and eggs or something like that? Sorry so many questions...you can tell I'm an atkins virgin!!:eek:

Thanks thats a helpful thread, I will stop the cereal and have something else from tomorrow. Another Q..... sugar free jelly..is this allowed? I have lots in my cupboard!!:)

yes its allowed i think , check the carbs

the hartley ready made ones are higher than the ones you make up from scratch

hi and welcome. sugar free jelly gets a mixed reaction. it can stall some people. i had it on my first week but still lost weight.
also go easy on the cheese it stalls many people.
try snacking on pepperami's, pork scratchings, cold sausages and bacon
and drink lots of water. at least 2lts a day

ahh ok I have the granules so that should be ok...I will check the carbs though

Back