May money challenge

My partner is attached to so much junk. His school books, a remote controlled car he has never fixed, CDs, so much stuff that I would throw away. When we moved last November, I was surprised at how easy I found it to get rid of stuff and how annoying he was wanting to keep everything. Thankfully its all in the loft, and it will probably never come out.

I've got a few bits to sell but I am so lazy. I've had a box of stuff that needs selling for over a year now, got a few more things from having kids. I could probably make about 100 on it all, but its such a chore selling it I haven't done it.

Maybe do it in stages? Like one day photograph it, another day list etc?
and they say women are sentimental lol

off to the boot fair this morning, usually do ok with not buying a lot, my test will be the hot fresh doughnut van lol.

have a lovely day guys! :D

Sparty don't work too hard!

I joined a facebook sales group for my local area and people message you then come to collect. I usually take things to the charity shop bt figured I would try selling for cash first. Ive made £23 so far so I'm very happy x

Going to set myself a budget of £55 per week to spend on Diesel and pocket money. Decided to only use cash and leave my debit card at home. Any spare money will go towards my wedding xx

I think I'll make myself sell 5 things at least a week. Most of it needs to go on ebay as I know I will make more money there as they are not everyday objects, like card making stuff.

So far if I was to have £10 a week I'd be stuck. I've just had to use £5 to activate and topup a new sim as my current sim contract runs out tomorrow and my new contract doesn't start until the weekend, then I use £5 for Slimming world on Wednesday.
I don't think there is anything I need to buy this week at least.

I think I'll make myself sell 5 things at least a week. Most of it needs to go on ebay as I know I will make more money there as they are not everyday objects, like card making stuff.

So far if I was to have £10 a week I'd be stuck. I've just had to use £5 to activate and topup a new sim as my current sim contract runs out tomorrow and my new contract doesn't start until the weekend, then I use £5 for Slimming world on Wednesday.
I don't think there is anything I need to buy this week at least.

Yes I do this and I have )150 quid in PayPal for my new clothes over a few months worth of eBay it's worth doing

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

Hi

Can I join please?

Me and Hubby have recently bought our first house. OH was made redundant and had a large payout so we bought the house out of that. So we don't have mortgage but now it's only my wage coming in with bills to pay and 2 adults and 2 children to keep.

I've worked out all our bills - including food, diesel and SW and have £100 monthly left over for myself. Normally I would put this into my account (bills come from joint) but I find it goes really quickly as spending on plastic is easier.

Sooo... I get paid on the 15th and intend to take out the £100 and put £25 into my purse every week. Anything left over I'll stick in a pot.

I'm also going to trial taking my credit card out of my purse and try to leave it at home. I find it all too easy to spend on a credit card as it doesn't feel like money! X

I've gone over budget lol!

I saw some Special K chocolate biscuit moments in Iceland for £1 a pack. I usually struggle to find the choc ones so I bought 3 boxes making me over budget by 53p!

I might still need to spend a couple of quid on fruit so rethinking my idea of £10 per week. Maybe £15 is more realistic?! But I'm going to try for £10 next week and see how I get on.

Good luck MrsWilsoncroft.

Sparty probably better to start off with more and then lower it as you feel comfortable, any effort and all that :)

Good luck guys I've been spending on the CC today so my plan is to pay off that and the overdraft next Friday and then put the CC away and reduce the overdraft right down. It's too easy to spend on cards!!

Have £20 left in actual money so that needs to last til Friday. Don't think I need anything though...

Welcome to our new friends, good luck to you :)
Xx

Glad to hear we are all still checking in! I still am on track, no spends since shopping on sat.

Wow well done you Lucylu79! Impressive :D

Thanks! I think hubby's to really thank though, I told him there was no money for alcohol so he bought that! I'm enjoying the challenge!!!

Have to work out all the bills today ready for the payslip on Wednesday....think that May is definately going to be a no spend month as have lots to pay out if i want to clear everything...think maybe eBay might be calling lol

Good luck Hippo with the no booze, or do what Lucy did and get the fella to buy it :D
xx

We've overspent already! I went 10 over buying some bags for the kids, partner went out last night so he's over.
We are not very good at this lol

Good luck with no alcohol, hippo. I don't drink much, but the sunshine makes me want a shandy, beer, wine, anything alcoholic!

OMG I have just added up what I have spent over the last 12 months on the credit card, and compared it to what I actually have to show for it.

I can tell you that they do not tally up REMOTELY and I actually feel quite ashamed at the waste ? really.

I thoroughly encourage you to try this if you are struggling!

Certainly opened my eyes and gave me the boot I needed, and I only recommend this if you are ready to face it because it was a shocker!

Xxx

OMG I have just added up what I have spent over the last 12 months on the credit card, and compared it to what I actually have to show for it.

I can tell you that they do not tally up REMOTELY and I actually feel quite ashamed at the waste ? really.

I thoroughly encourage you to try this if you are struggling!

Certainly opened my eyes and gave me the boot I needed, and I only recommend this if you are ready to face it because it was a shocker!

Xxx

Thankfully I don't own a credit card and hopefully never will lol xxx

I wish I didn't as apparently have no self control lol. Got it originally a few years ago as a way to build up my credit score. So when my bank offered it I took it with the idea of it living in a drawer in case of emergencies. There have only been two real emergencies but I've still managed to max it out every month :(

I'm good in the sense I pay it off in full every month as I hate paying interest with a passion, but that's a heck of a chunk of money that could go on something better every month...I could've gone to Mexico easily *pout*
Dread to think how much if I had to add interest *gulp*

Still, what's done is done and I've prewarned hubby that there will be no treats this month so I can clear and cancel everything. It's only 4 weeks and once I told him the total he is totally up for it so that'll make it easier.

Onwards and upwards :D

Hippo - good for u! I advise not bothering, unless u have immaculate self control, it's so easy to get lost down the rabbit hole...

Xx

My hubby has given me £10 pocket money and I swear I will not over spend it lol.
Hes Judt gone into work an hour earlier (for triple pay) as an engine has failed so they need as many guys as they can get at the moment. That should be good for our bank balance :) xxx

Back