May money challenge

He was 2 years 5 when he started. Still in them at night but I spend £3 once a month on bedtime pull ups now. It's nice to not be spending so much on nappies I have to admit

from fat to skinny jeans only 50lbs to go

I did a morrissons shop yesterday and spent £13.58! Plus I also bought myself and my boss a coffee during a meeting yesterday (£2.35). I also bought the kiwi fruits for £1 so I am left with a paltry £3.07 to last on food for the week!

Gonna be really tough but hopefully I have meal planned well enough that I have all I need!!

I'm putting in overtime on Saturday and Sunday so that will help go towards the overdraft!!

Right, i've done the money, I just need to plan my meals carefully now.

Worked out that I have £189.38 just for me and the joint account has £300 surplus for food, nappies etc.

When I write it down it seems a lot so I need to see where I spend the money.

Decided to keep my receipts for food shopping and see where its going!!!! I bet booze has a lot to do with it, and that could be reduced easily, Hubs and I are too quick to allow rubbish days at work or this week, glorious evenings as an excuse to have a little drinky poo's!!!

I think it'll be great, I need to be more productive running the house and i'm totally in charge of meals being on SW and I still change my mind what were having for tea on a daily basis!

Oh god I'm lost if I don't have a plan!! I've decided that any money left each week from food is going to go into my savings tin as well otherwise it will of get wasted on things.

I've got two things to take back to the shops this weekend that I have decided I don't really need but that's only about £15 as I bought them in the sale.

I saw something on superscrimpers the other day, she said to put say £20 in your purse and the rest in a box or whatever. Keep all your receipts for that £20 then when its gone, put the receipts in the tub and take out another £20.
Then when all money is gone you should be left with a tub full of receipts, and you will be able to see what you spend on and when.
May help a little for those who don't quite know where it is going :)

Bought a can of diet coke this morning for 60p which leaves me with £2.47 until Wednesday.

Feel like its going well so far :)

I spent no extra money last week, been shopping this morning with 50 in mind and spent 59. Not too bad! Got 15 left for fresh food etc.

Hi can I join? :)
We are terrible with money most of the time. March I worked out that are spent over 600 on 'luxuries'. Its so bad!!!! April I cracked down and didn't spend much and somehow got out of the overdraft!!!
My partner doesnt have a set wage, last month he got just over 900 but this month it seems like it'll be more like 600 .
We've already spend that 900. Bills mostly , but loads on 'luxuries' too.
I try and not go shopping as I always spend when I'm there, whereas when I shop online, I am more careful and look for a cheap price and can talk myself out of buying something we probably don't need.
Since following sw, I've been good to plan meals. We have a 50-60 food budget a week. It might be more like 60. I do an online asda shop and get stuff I know is cheaper at aldi. I need to find aldi receipts to check how much is spent.
Since sw, I've not had takeaway. We did spend a weekend in Blackpool last week and spent too much. I kind of wished we didn't go, but it was a really nice weekend.
Its sad that we have to revolve our life around money. I'm either worrying we don't have any or trying to see if we can really afford something or staying in bored because I don't want to spend. If I don't, I over spend.

Anyway, I want to start a budget thing. Say 10 a week to spend on ourselves. I don't know how it'll go through.
We really need to buy a new rabbit hutch but I'm holding off getting one as I don't want to spend money.
Oh we also get child and working tax weekly and I get carer allowance for my son. I use that for the food.
We also get disability living allowance and child benefit every 4 weeks.
I'd LOVE to get to a point where I can put the DLA and child benefit in a saving account for the kids or holidays for them. I try and put 50 a month in now.
We also really need a car. My son won't travel any other way, so this is a big priority.

Excuse the ramble :)

Just spent £9 in the shop but that is meals for the week.

Hubby has been given some cash this week so he's just given me £20.
I said I'd use that for pocket money for the week instead of using our debit card.
So I now have £22 pocket money for the week. Need to pop out now for a few bits of food to last us the week.
Both hubby and I have said let's try not to use the debit card until at least next weekend if we have to xxx

Hi, I'd love to join this challenge as I am a serial shopper! I used to spend money on clothes and alcohol but as I've got older I am now finding I spend money on food and household things I dont need.

I am going to try using only cash. Going to plan my meals and figure out a budget. I like the idea of keeping receipts to track my spending. This is a great thread x

I've just made £11 by selling some items on the net :) will be putting this into my wedding savings xx

Welcome Adele and good for you! Lots of luck :) x

Hey Ch3rrie lots of luck to you and welcome obvs :D x

Thanks x I've got the sales bug my OH just laught at me and said "everything must go" as I search frantically for things to sell lol x made another £3 x

I do that too, whereas hubby is a hoarder so doesn't really like to get rid of anything. I don't have much attachment to "stuff" so it's usually my first port of call to sell lol :) x

I have a few bits to sell. Sometimes I just get fed up and send it all to the charity shop but no reason not to try and make some pennies first.

Got some money out for taxis after working an 11 hour day yesterday and already into my journey to work on a bank holiday Sunday - no way was I going to walk. I can claim the cost back on expenses but I have some change left from the taxi fair and not sure what to do with it. Might end up sticking it in the savings tin!

My partner is attached to so much junk. His school books, a remote controlled car he has never fixed, CDs, so much stuff that I would throw away. When we moved last November, I was surprised at how easy I found it to get rid of stuff and how annoying he was wanting to keep everything. Thankfully its all in the loft, and it will probably never come out.

I've got a few bits to sell but I am so lazy. I've had a box of stuff that needs selling for over a year now, got a few more things from having kids. I could probably make about 100 on it all, but its such a chore selling it I haven't done it.

Back