May start counting

mum_of_one

Silver Member
Hi all,

I wonder if you can assist. I am currently doing Cambridge. I have lost 3st in 3 months but missing food so much and I am finding I cant stick to it anymore. Before my metabolism goes haywire I was thinking of counting cals. I did go on to a couple of the sites so know what I should be consuming in cals.

I did want a rapid weight loss but happy to try this out I think. Does it work well after Cambridge? What kind of losses can I expect. I will be allowed £1,800 cals aday.

Thanks and appreciate any responses!

xx;)

Hi there! First of all- congratulations on the HUGE loss! You must be thrilled! I don't know much about the Cambridge diet, does it have a 're-introduction to food' phase like some diets? If it doesn't, you may find you'll gain a little when you start eating 'normally' again? But don't worry, if you eat healthy and your target calories then your body will soon 'catch up' and the weight will start dropping again. Most calorie counting sites will have calculated your target using a goal of 2lbs a week max so thats what you should expect? Don't be disheartened if you don't lose some weeks, I have this then find out the next week I've dropped 2-3lbs? And if you have a lot to lose, you may lose quicker than that? Well done again- I'm in awe!

Hiya

Oh bless you. I am going to do CD for another 3 weeks as I have some products left over but after that I am calorie counting. I find it all so hard losing weight and I have cheated a fair old bit to be fair and I could have lost more. Oh well. Thanks for replying to me !

x

No problem- we're all in the same boat here- whether we've 7lbs or 70lbs to lose? And we all have cheat days! LOL! At least you know you can lose now, so it shouldn't be as daunting?

I think calorie counting is great. It's the purest form....calories in versus calories out.

But just a quick question. Which Cambridge diet have you been doing? SS I guess?

Have you considered doing one of the Cambridge plans that includes food? Best of both worlds :)

You've done brilliantly to have lost 3 stone Well done:clap:

Hiya

I have done SS to start with and lately incorporating some chicken and salad in evening but I am slightly worried that when I go on to calorie counting which is going to be in about a months time I will put on weight as I have been on such low cals. Any thoughts on this anyone?

I am so confused by it all!

xx:cry: I dont want to gain!

Back