Me and JUDD Take 3 (hundred!)

Lynn8124

Gold Member
Ok, so I have been a bit of a board-tart (or bored maybe:giggle:) the last while, trying different diets and sticking to nothing.:rolleyes: So I've decided to try the ADD/JUDDDD again. Even I can manage one day so instead of getting frustrated at myself for breaking it the next day I can call it an up day.

I am particularly interested in the health benefits re asthma, though as a smoker I realise I am skating on thin ice!:eek:

I've been kinda doing Juddd this last week anyhow and today (fri) is a dd. I'm having 3 meal replacement shakes and milk in my coffee so that should be around 500 cals. I am not gonna count too much on ud but aim to eat sensible portions, with no take-aways or crisps, nuts or choc.

Last edited:
Yay another juddder to join our tribe! :welcome2: Lyn! Good luck this time hun, let us know how you're getting on. This is such a supportive little group, everybody is fab on this juddd board! :D

Take care xxx

hi lynn, im the same as you feel like ive tried every diet going and have lost weight with ll last year but put it all back on and have tried cd but like you do it for a while then i break it and think what the hell ive spoilt it may as well just eat what i want and start again next week and so get depressed and end up just eating more!!!!
i read about judd and thought id give it ago and the people on the site are so friendly and helpful too. im currently on day 5 and its an ud for me , i havnt found the dd easy ( only had 2 so far ) but it is nice to know that its only a day at a time.
im going weigh in sunday and see what i lose . i havnt counted cals at all on up days so far and had whatever i want.
good luck with judd and keep us posted xx

Welcome Lyn
its a DD for me today - thinking of making carrot and corriander soup very low cal could sip on that all day

you will soon get used to the plan and fall into a routine
if you really want some crisps or chocolate have some but dont over indulge :) and you will still lose - I do

Up day today

Thanks for your replies, gang! Sat is an up day.

B: 2 saus, 2 slices bacon, fried egg
L: 2 wholemeal rolls with ham
D: pork chop, sprouts, brocolli

I know what I am eating today and I intend to stick with it.

I have had a bit of a cold since weds but feel better now. I'm gonna take my dog out for a quick walk around 7:00. Do us both good!

I waited til about 11.45 before having breakfast, wasn't hungry before that. I added a couple pancakes and a potato bread slice, just fancied some fried bread along with it. Have no idea of cals but I am satisfied and hope to eat again around 4.30-5.00.

Me and Ozzy went out for a dander at 8am and tried to get him to play fetch but he was more interested in running through the leaves and chewing grass.:D

I will be in bed early tonight as I got up early.

Glad you're having a good day? What breed is Ozzy?

Hi and thanks MJT. Love your avatar btw, makes me giggle.:D

Well so far so good today, except with water intake which I have been slack with in the last week or so.

I am still satisfied after my breakfast and the bread has not prompted further eating.:eek:

Glad you're having a good day? What breed is Ozzy?

Oz is a lab-springer mix and a bundle of energy, gorge too.:D He can leap about 2-3ft in the air lol.

So I didn't stick ridgidly to plan but my cals totalled approx 16-1700 which I am pleased with, it's about a quarter of usual intake. I have not gorged myself and I have enjoyed my meals.:)

hi lynn, im the same as you feel like ive tried every diet going and have lost weight with ll last year but put it all back on and have tried cd but like you do it for a while then i break it and think what the hell ive spoilt it may as well just eat what i want and start again next week and so get depressed and end up just eating more!!!!
i read about judd and thought id give it ago and the people on the site are so friendly and helpful too. im currently on day 5 and its an ud for me , i havnt found the dd easy ( only had 2 so far ) but it is nice to know that its only a day at a time.
im going weigh in sunday and see what i lose . i havnt counted cals at all on up days so far and had whatever i want.
good luck with judd and keep us posted xx

Yeah it's so demoralising when you keep trying and failing. I think Judddd might actually suit me cos I know I can last one day. I really need to keep an eye on my ud's I could end up on a full-scale binge if I am not careful. Still, one day at a time is right!:D

Day 3 MD

I was gonna have another ud then thought of a dd but as I have had 200 cals for brekkie I am having a md.;) I think a max of 800 cals would be ok.

I can have 3 shakes for 125 cals each and that leaves me 215, I think. I can't count to save me life so will have to get me calculator out!

I couldn't decide on another ud or a dd so compromised with a md. I had 2 bars this morning for breakfast, then 2 shakes. Total intake: 650 cals approx. Really need to get calculator lol. Just added up quick on piece paper I was right.:D

ud tomorrow, woohoo! :woohoo:

Day 4 UD.

Made it to day 4, yeehah! Couldn't resist a wi and I have 1lb off which I'm delighted with.:D Will wi every week after a dd. My scale battery is low so will have to replace it. Hmm I wonder is it still accurate with low batt?:eek:

I really need to keep an eye on my ud's I could end up on a full-scale binge if I am not careful. Still, one day at a time is right!:D

Oh Lyn I so agree with you about that and this is not an eating plan that requires no willpower (can still binge for sure) but it is manageable. Like you I see one day at a time as bearable. I also found after about two weeks I could not eat as much in one go on UDs. But that did not stop me feeding my face from the Cadbury's Roses trough this week and totally blowing it! Good luck in your journey - you sound like a really lovely lady and I like your motto... If you can think it you can become it, if you can dream it you can achieve it!!! That is so, so true.

Thanks doll, appreciate it. :) Had a yummy brekkie around 7am and will have something around 1-2, soup maybe and will still have about 400 cals for evening time if hungry again.

Good lass Lynn, you achieve what you want mate. I truely believe its mind over matter is needed, before you makes the 1st step. Once the head is settled I have found that the food battle is easier. Best wishes on ur new journey. joe

Back