Me, Myself & I... Lower carb, fasting, real live foods

Mmmm still feeling crap, have a headache, and my shoulder is achey too.. Know some of it is totm - mainly the headache I think., Not really craving any thing, just not really hungry.. But made myself an omelette with some cherry tomatoes with added salt as I seem to want things salty.. Also had some roasted salted cashew nuts - hoping the nuts and the salt help

Going to rest my shoulder now and later walk to pick up my son from school in my flower power rain poncho :)

Managed to have a nap, headache kind of gone, feel really drained and sleepy.. I'm hoping this is not my normal "way" my totm will be as its really crap!!

Mis-behave said:
Managed to have a nap, headache kind of gone, feel really drained and sleepy.. I'm hoping this is not my normal "way" my totm will be as its really crap!!

Snap.. That's exactly how i feel.. :(

Feel really irritated with mysel!! I gave in and ate 3 bits of white bread and butter.. Bah hum bug!!

Guess what I still feel crap!!

My shoulder hurts and next pain killers are not till 10/11pm

Think I might have a cup of hot choc too ..

Mis-behave said:
Feel really irritated with mysel!! I gave in and ate 3 bits of white bread and butter.. Bah hum bug!!

Guess what I still feel crap!!

My shoulder hurts and next pain killers are not till 10/11pm

Think I might have a cup of hot choc too ..

We are a right sorry pair :( I feel to headachy to sleep waaaa

Going to take my pain killers through the night., this is not fun., recon its from having my arm out of the sling on sat and I did stuff I shouldn't have with my arm/ shoulder!!

Have physio tomorrow.. So will see what they say.,

Tomorrow will have porridge for breakfast!! And will not eat white bread!!

Mis-behave said:
Going to take my pain killers through the night., this is not fun., recon its from having my arm out of the sling on sat and I did stuff I shouldn't have with my arm/ shoulder!!

Have physio tomorrow.. So will see what they say.,

Tomorrow will have porridge for breakfast!! And will not eat white bread!!

Awe you need to take things easy mrs!!! Go steady with your arm x x

My OH recons it's prob the new exercises they gave on Friday.. Working muscles that are dead (soft) from not being used., it is possible he's right.. :(.

Plus totm :(.

Here's to feeling better tomorrow

And less Grumpy :)

I am feeling more ok this morning, hardly any headache and shoulder pain is under control today..

Going to start my day with my food doctor seeded porridge - which is really yummy

Here's to a good day :)

Feeling much better today, took youngest son to preschool, went into town to post office and also bought OH b/day presents picked up son and back home, got home 11:55am- physio today at 1pm going to use tube and buses - took about an hour to get there.. Home by taxi as need to get home and have lunch before walking to pick up oldest son from school..

Walked 11.74 km today (7.3 miles)

Have just made a chocolate fudge cake with Quinoa flour, smells interesting when cooking, cake mix was a bit interesting tasting.. Cake itself once cooked.. Yummy, and tastes kind of nutty, is light and fluffy not at all dense or heavy.

Made with real sugar and butter, 30g almond flour, plus 2T sweet freedom - 3 eggs, quinoa flour and cocoa powder.. Did a direct swap of wheat flour to quinoa, and added an extra egg and bit more baking powder..

Will see if OH likes it and if he does will make a big one for Saturday when people come to visit..

Next time will try using all sweet freedom ... Then it will be proper low GI :) Mmmm and add some coconut..

My biggest attitude change was a moment of - Ahhh ha of enlightenment :)

I was trying to explain my cals per day to my OH.. E.g I try to think of it as I have "so many cals" per day, but I don't have to eat that many...

..,oh I don't have to eat all my cals ... Interesting thought!!

If I don't want too - if I'm not hungry.... Even more interesting idea ..

It is just my upper limit.

If I eat 1500 in a day I feel great because I'm under my cals..

If I eat 1700 cals I'm still under my cals and I still feel good..

But I don't have to eat the max cals if I don't want/ need too - I don't need to search my cupboards to eat more just to eat all my cals every day..

Wow what a great idea.. If I'm not hungry and I have cals left.. I don't need to EAT them..

Bing.. Turn the light on .. It made me feel more free, less stressed about eating food, if I was full I didn't need to think about the rest of the cals in my day.. I did not need/ have to eat them!!!

What a relief :)

My WOW moment of enlightenment..

Mis-behave said:
My biggest attitude change was a moment of - Ahhh ha of enlightenment :)

I was trying to explain my cals per day to my OH.. E.g I try to think of it as I have "so many cals" per day, but I don't have to eat that many...

..,oh I don't have to eat all my cals ... Interesting thought!!

If I don't want too - if I'm not hungry.... Even more interesting idea ..

It is just my upper limit.

If I eat 1500 in a day I feel great because I'm under my cals..

If I eat 1700 cals I'm still under my cals and I still feel good..

But I don't have to eat the max cals if I don't want/ need too - I don't need to search my cupboards to eat more just to eat all my cals every day..

Wow what a great idea.. If I'm not hungry and I have cals left.. I don't need to EAT them..

Bing.. Turn the light on .. It made me feel more free, less stressed about eating food, if I was full I didn't need to think about the rest of the cals in my day.. I did not need/ have to eat them!!!

What a relief :)

My WOW moment of enlightenment..

I like that that's what a lot of us struggle with I think !
Well done you xxx

So I am headed your way of good fats, low carb & looking a bit at GI. Have just replaced my normal pre zumba snack of a banana with 2 hard boiled eggs (more cals I know but I was starving lol) Am gonna find the no bread at lunchtime hard mind, will have to see whether ryvita are allowed.....

The reason I have a chickpea and spinach curry, or an omelette with feta cheese and tomatoes for lunch... Avoiding all the following bread, crackers, rice, pasta, potatoes .. crisps, pretzels, Ok I have gluten free bread (genius) with my homemade haricot beans and cottage cheese once a week, if that :)

I also am trying gluten/ wheat free flours for baking, which are low GI too :)

I bought the food doctor book too (was in supermarket) I like his seeded porridge as it has no dried fruit.

Withdrawal from carbs/ sugars is really hard! But I found it helped to eat 5 almonds/ cashew nuts etc when I got the urge/ craving for carb/ sugary items.. Took about 4-5 days before I felt better..

Increase your meats, lean of course - I still cook low fat - with fry light - as most cooking oils are omega 6 and we tend to eat more omega 6 oils
i take a fish oil supplement for omega 3 to try balance things out :)

Good choices, onwards and downwards :)

If you're both going low GI then I've hot the Anthony worral Thompson recipe books that are good for that way of eating.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back