meal replacement bars

pinkiepie

Hi guys, i'm refeeding this week and once i have finished refeeding i am looking to follow a low GI/low carb diet to maintain. I would really like to just have a meal replacement bar for my dinner as i find this really handy when at work, i currently have the flapjacks. I was thinking of having the caramel maintance bars but to be honest i think that £11.00 for 7 bars is pretty steep so was wondering is there was anything simlar like the atkins bars or sero bars, think i saw julz say something about promax bars but dont know what they are. Any help would be appreciated xx

Thanks nicki, i did read somewhere that the slimfast bars are low GI so they would probably be a good idea & a lot cheaper. I think i will try to do the same as you & have a bar at breakfast & lunch, i just dont want to over complicate things if you know what i mean. I'm so used to having 3 "meals" a day now that i would like to try & stay that way. Thanks for your help hun xx

Hi,

I def think that keeping to 2 meal replacements a day is the way forward, I went off this plan when I was away and put on weight. Im back on track again and feeling really positive and determined.

The promax bars are the same price as the LT bars - so the slim fast ones seem good value.

Good luck babe
xoxoxoxoxoxox

Hi there, I use the slimfast bars too. They're quite good -there are 3 flavours I know of -1)yoghurt/coconut, 2)chocolate and 3)fruit.

Thanks guys i'm gonna get some tomorrow ready for after refeed, i'm actually going to start refeed tomorrow just a couple of days early. I weighed myself this morning & i was 11st which is my target & my scales are the same as the chemist. I think i'm just ready now. will start posting tomorrow about my refeed as i think it will help, cheers guys xx

nicki, well done on your maintenance! I'm so impressed!

Hi Nicki, I noticed that you are having to order the Slimfast bars. You can easily get them in Tesco and Sainsbury. I think Boots have them too.
And you are right - they do go well with a cup of tea!
Pinkiepie, how are you getting on?

Back