Meal replacement ketosis packs

angietwinkle

I all I am extremely successful doing the Cambridge diet. I never get hungry and never cheat but I am struggling to afford it. Does anyone know if there is a cheaper alternative for a ketosis vlcd? Have lost over a stone and panicing cause don't want to give up through lack of money? Xx

I moved to slim and save for the same reason....loved CD but just too expensive! So far so good...packs are similar (ish) more options for food and happy with possess. I do miss my CDC but think I can manage especially with great help and support from the gals on here!

Hi Angietwinkle, I am still using up packs from previous VLCDs but judging by comments on here, Slim and Save is just as good as any of the others so I am going to give it a try. As Bea says, there is a lot of support on here.
Hope to place an order today.

Slim n Save!

The shakes, bars and meals work out to about £1.17 ish if your order the months supply (£99 for 84 products), the only 'downside' if you can even call it that is that there's no tetras, so if you were out and about you'd have to use the bars.

You can also order a sample of each of the shakes, bars, meals, porridge for 99p each plus p&p

My sample order arrived minus my shake sample, but an email to the company and I received 2 shakes by way of apology. You really can't fault the customer service. Highly recommended.

I moved to slim and save for the same reason....loved CD but just too expensive! So far so good...packs are similar (ish) more options for food and happy with possess. I do miss my CDC but think I can manage especially with great help and support from the gals on here!

Hi Bea, is Slim and Save cheaper than buying TFR sachets/bars from the low carb Megastore? Someone mentioned that Low Carb Mega was good value and I have an order coming from there but others are saying Slim and Save cheaper. Do you know which is the best value? I'm confused by the huge choice of VLCD sources! So far I've ordered from Be-Yu, the Kee diet and now Low Cal Megastore...so far it's been getting cheaper as I move from source to source but it would be nice to find the cheapest before my next order!

Exante costs £100 a month and is a fantastic option. The shakes are really tasty and the weight loss is every bit as good as Cambridge

Have just ordered my first weeks supply of Slim and Save (although still some others to use up first). Will let you know how it goes!

The benefit of Slim and Save over the low carb megastore is that you can order the packs in whatever quantities you like - so you can have 10 chilli and 4 spag bol, whereas with the lowcarb megastore you would have to order a box of each so 7 + 7. Slim and Save also do products that aren't available from the low carb megastore as far as I'm aware (eg at least 6 of the shakes) so it depends on what you want to order.

Low Carb Megastore are way cheaper on the bars!! Looked for the cheapest ones last week, was sat there with my calculator working it all out. Don't mind buying them in boxes of 7 :)

That's interesting GSG, I have just ordered 7 days food from S & S including 7 bars. I hadn't really thought of mixing and matching but if bars are tasty, just as nutritious and less expensive elsewhere, I may opt for that. Thanks for the tip.

They work out £7.95 for 7 bars (£1.14 each) from LCM same bars from S&S cost £10.78 for 7 (£1.54 each) even if you bought 21 of them which brings the price down to £29.99 (£1.43 each) they still work out alot more! :D

Hopefully my Maths is correct lol

Last edited:
I read somewhere earlier today but can't seem to find it now that Tesco are doing their meal replacement bars £5 for 3 packs which is 9 bars. Thought that might help? X

They work out £7.95 for 7 bars (£1.14 each) from LCM same bars from S&S cost £10.78 for 7 (£1.54 each) even if you bought 21 of them which brings the price down to £29.99 (£1.43 each) they still work out alot more! :D

Hopefully my Maths is correct lol

Thanks GSG for this breakdown. I ordered some bars from there too. Not tried them yet but thanks for the info!

Just received my first delivery of S & S mealpacks, etc. I couldn't reseist having one of the bars which was delicious. It was the lemon, yoghurt and white chocolate.

I havent compared the nutrients, carb content. etc against the S&S bars but I assume as its also classed as a meal replacement (Dieti Snack High Protien Bar), that it will be just as nutritious as the S & S bar.

Has anyone looked in any more detail?

frannie said:
Just received my first delivery of S & S mealpacks, etc. I couldn't reseist having one of the bars which was delicious. It was the lemon, yoghurt and white chocolate.

I havent compared the nutrients, carb content. etc against the S&S bars but I assume as its also classed as a meal replacement (Dieti Snack High Protien Bar), that it will be just as nutritious as the S & S bar.

Has anyone looked in any more detail?

The LCM ones are the same as S&S ones, same flavours etc Just been using them the same as usual to replace a meal.

The Dietimeal bars are the meal replacement bars. The Dietisnack bars are snack bars.

Just wanted to say thanks for the advice on this post. I placed an order with Slim & Save today, I'm very excited and looking forward to a slinky new me this summer! :)

Back