Measurements..

bunny_hops

Violet is shrinking
I never took any measurements or photos when I started almost 6 stones loss ago, I obviously have changed but I like to see numbers going down, so I've decided to start measuring, and I've hit a snag..

I was going to measure various bits of me then I was unsure as to where the measuring tape goes to measure waist and hips..now I'm not totally thick lol! I know where my hips and waist are and where I would measure them but...

I was a bout to record the measurements on this graph thing and it says that you should measure your waist so the tape is across your bellybutton, I'm a little confused as my waist is higher up than that...then your hips to measure across the fullest part of your stomach..

So where do I put the tape? :confused:

The important thing is not so much where you measure, but that you measure the same bit each time.

Whatever you think of as your waist, measure it, note the level and when you measure again after a few weeks, make sure that you measure at the same level. Then you get an accurate picture of how much you've lost.

I measure my hips at the bit where the top of my knickers sit. The downside to this (I've just realised) is that I might not be wearing the same pair of knickers next time. Doh.

I thought by using a chart I'd remember where I'd measured as you just look at the labels on the chart and the part of the body it points to. It did confuse me though..to confuse me even more I started googling and you,'d be surprised where and how people measure themselves... with regard to hip measuring I used to go by where my actual bones are, according to some that's wrong..

It's done my head in now, so I'll be taking definite measurements in the morning, thanks guys :)

Back