Measuring your waist - help!

xtwinklex

Eat to live don't live to eat!
I've been measuring my waist since I started on the diet and I think I may have been doing it wrong?

I've just been on the next site, looking at clothes lol and came across this:

NEXT Directory On-Line : Help : WOMENS SIZING GUIDE

I have been measuring my waist where my belly button is but think I'm supposed to measure higher up? I seem to remember reading somewhere that you should measure 1 inch up from the belly button, so now I'm confused!

Where abouts do you measure your waist?

Thanks x

I always thought waist measurements were taken at the narrowist part, but i read that it should be taken at the navel.
Confused too...

i measure in line with my belly button too. its in a constant position so i know that the readings a pretty much as acurate as can be

I measure the narrowist bit - which happens to be where my belly button is. I guess that may change as my shape changes and it may get narrower further up as I lose weight?

I've just measured my waist at the narrowest bit and its an inch less than round my belly button :) might have to go with this measurement since its less lol!!!

Its strange actually, for the first time in ages, I have a nice defined waist! Cant wait till my bum gets a bit smaller too!!!

Back