1 medium onion, chopped
1lb minced beef extra lean
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
1–2 tbsp mint or basil, finely chopped
Salt and black pepper
Mix together all the ingredient and then shape into meatballs the size of a walnut. cook at 190 for 15 mins until browned and cooked through. lovely with a sauce or cold for snack

Turkey and beef meatballs

i really love these hot or cold, i had some turkey sausage meat mix left over so combined half and half they tasted so good that i have made a large batch for the freezer.

1/2lb extra lean beef mince,
1/2 lb turkey breast mince
1 egg
2 slices of DD bread Or use 1 recipe of dukan rusk.( If on attack or you do not use the bread, i have put the rusk variation at the bottom of this recipe)
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried sage
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon ground black pepper

If on attack or you don't use the bread make the Dukan rusk and crumble that in it works equally well.
but this meatball recipe does need either rusk or breadcrumbs in order to keep them tender and light to eat,

make into little walnut sized balls, bake them for about 15 mins at 190.

DD Rusk
2 tbsp oat bran
1 tbsp wheat bran ( If on attack omit wheat bran and add 1 extra tablespoon of oatbran , that makes it suitable for 2 days allowance on attack)
0.5 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1.5 tbsp fromage frais

Make the Dukan microwave bread as usual (but noting the reduced quantity of baking powder), by microwaving at 750W for 4 minutes (I use a 12cm X 12cm microwavable container). Turn out and cool on a rack.

Slice the bread thinly into fingers (I got 14 from my batch), lay them on a baking tray, and dry out in the oven at 150ºC for about 30 minutes, turning at intervals so that they brown evenly. Keep an eye on them -- you don't want to burn them, and all ovens are different so the timing isn't exact. When the rusks are crispy and dry, and golden brown, remove from the oven and allow to cool. I imagine you could store them in an airtight tin, but as this is just one day's worth of oat bran, I just ate mine all in one sitting

enjoy

I make those rosemary and mint meatballs from the recipe book all the time - i love them with a quark dip flavoured with finely chopped fresh mint.

Back