Medicine Advice

caffsean

Hello all, hope everyones well?? Just need some advice is possible. I have managed to gain Flu whilst away on holiday and now my throat feels like i've been swallowing razor blades, and i'm coughing like a million a day smoker! (not to mention my nose feels like i've been rubbing harsh sand paper on it for a month! lol :(

I'm going to get some cough mixture or beechams tablets etc - anyone got any ideas on what my be best with this lipotrim lot? If there isn't anything that springs to mind, i don't mind too much if it knocks me out of ketosis etc but i'd rather try to avoid it if i can.

Any help more than welcome.

Thanks
Cath.

Not sure about cough syrups. Probably loaded with sugar :( I'd just stick with paracetamol and ibuprofen if I were you. Hope you feel better soon. Being poorly and on a VLCD is pants! :( xx

Gargle a soluble painkiller for the sore throat and the general aches and pains. Stay clear of syrup type medicines, or lemsip and such, the sugar and citric acid will knock you out of ketosis =/

Sorry to hear you are poorly. Stick with the paracetamol and just keep sipping water for the throat. Maybe try having some cooled hot water for your throat too.

Hey Cookeh, nice to see you posting. Hope you are doing o.k. Looks like you are losing the weight.

Hello all, hope everyones well?? Just need some advice is possible. I have managed to gain Flu whilst away on holiday and now my throat feels like i've been swallowing razor blades, and i'm coughing like a million a day smoker! (not to mention my nose feels like i've been rubbing harsh sand paper on it for a month! lol :(

I'm going to get some cough mixture or beechams tablets etc - anyone got any ideas on what my be best with this lipotrim lot? If there isn't anything that springs to mind, i don't mind too much if it knocks me out of ketosis etc but i'd rather try to avoid it if i can.

Any help more than welcome.

Thanks
Cath.
Seeing that it is affecting you in a BIG way call Lipotrim/ Howard Gr. the number is on the bag and they will advise you on what medication you can have.

GoodLuck and hope you get better soon. x

weight.png

Thanks everyone for the advice, help and well wished. My husband bought me some Benylin Day and Night tablets for Cold and Flu relief yesterday dinner time. Which I must admit have really helped, I've also had a small amount of Mentholated Bronchial Balm which has helped my cough too. :)

My Nose still feels like it's dropping off and my chest hurts but it's getting better. :D

I figured that i'd rather be well and enjoy the diet like i have been; than be ill and struggle to stick to it at all (yesterday was awful I really felt like giving up on it and having a great big bowl of my dads stew! but I didn't :().

I can live with being knocked out of ketosis as it should hopefully only be a couple of days if at all (fingers crossed!).

Will find out on friday if I have actually lost any weight over the past 2 weeks, i'm hoping that i've at least stayed the same but if i've lost a pound that'll be fantastic! :)

Thanks again
Cath.

Back