Meike is not feeling it atm - sry girls :(

Hey peeps!

*yawns* ooooh, still tired! not sure why but can't get much sleep lately, waking up in the middle of the night thinking we missed the alarm, or because it's too cold or too hot.. guess that's nerves because of the house :giggles:

We finally done all the paperwork (I hope) for the solicitor for the sale of OH's flat - so that should all be settled and ready to go soon. Our mortgage has still to be sorted out, but OH is busy at work at the moment and the Post Office doesn't do anything out of office hours.. a pain really but we will get it done by the end of the week!

Foodwise am doing ok - unfortunately I only realised how much special K I am munching each morning at work - knew it was more than the recommended 30g portion (as if that would be enough for anyone!!:confused:) - but it turns out that I am demolishing a good 100g-110g of it every morning - which left me with a hefty 8 points for my breakfast!! :eek: yeah, that was always quite a lot but it did fill me up until lunch time.. so I am cutting that down by half - so still 4points for breakfast! and a banana and I will prob need another nectarine or two before lunch, am hungry again already.. so will be back on 6-7pts.. really don't know how you girls do it on less:confused:! and unfortunately I am not that busy at the moment that I wouldn't have time to eat :D therefore I have more time to write here i guess! must be good for something!

Yesterday eve we had a lovely huuuuuuuge steak from sainsburys, half price and really nice! It was a friends birthday yesterday and on the way home she texted us to get some help for how she should be cooking her steak and what wine she should buy - it all made me grave a nice juice steak so much so we scapped our risotto plans :eek: and went straight to sainsburys to buy some half price rump! thanks again Rach for sharing the offer! was really lush!! slightly over points because of garlic butter (and huge breakfast) but not too bad.. was def worth it!

oops, just realised that I completely forgot about my waterbottle sitting right next to me - still not back in the habit of drinking enough - have to make an effort! :eek:

Have a lovely day peeps! xx

Hi Meike

I've only been here since March and only started looking at the diary section a few months ago so have not 'met' you before.

Wanted to add my good wishes to your restart, so well done to you from me

Hello Mycar - welcome back :D

Jess has old me the 'hunger' goes away after the first couple of weeks. I had a couple of months off and now back on it. I totally empathise with the hunger chicky, I am staaaaaarving. I'll let you know if it eases up and then you'll have some idea how long it takes :)

glad you enjoyed your steak hun :)

as for the Special K.. its misleading - its almost the same calories as weetos or some type of sugary cereal - i have to say i usually have a 40g bowlful of the asda version of special K with red berries and i struggle to make it to dinnertime too!

here's a reminder for you.. DRINK YOUR WATER :D

I would love a steak right now :D

Have a lovely afternoon meike. xxx

Thanks Nikki, think I had enough for the moment.. can one overdo it on yummy food?! Feels weird, I kinda fancy nectarines at the moment - demolished 6 yesterday!!! :eek:

Hi Meike

I've only been here since March and only started looking at the diary section a few months ago so have not 'met' you before.

Wanted to add my good wishes to your restart, so well done to you from me

Hey Vanda, welcome to my diary and thanks for the wishes! Will be off to yours in a minute ;)

Hello Mycar - welcome back :D

Jess has old me the 'hunger' goes away after the first couple of weeks. I had a couple of months off and now back on it. I totally empathise with the hunger chicky, I am staaaaaarving. I'll let you know if it eases up and then you'll have some idea how long it takes :)

Thanks for the welcome Hannah, i will def let you know when the hunger subsides - even though at the moment it looks like it will never go away :cry: oh god, am so theatrical at the moment.. shame on me!!

Am surprised that the headache hasn't started yet, normally I got it in the first week of dieting - not that I am complaining though :p

glad you enjoyed your steak hun :)

as for the Special K.. its misleading - its almost the same calories as weetos or some type of sugary cereal - i have to say i usually have a 40g bowlful of the asda version of special K with red berries and i struggle to make it to dinnertime too!

here's a reminder for you.. DRINK YOUR WATER :D

was lush Rach! thanks for the tip - let me know when they do that offer again please!! xx

Oooh, WATER!? :eek: *runs off in the kitchen, shakes her head, runs back to her desk, picks up the waterbottle, runs back to the kitchen, fills it up and walks slowly (but panting heavily) back to her desk* GOT IT COVERED!! :D :p :cool:

oh, and can I have a reminder like that every half an hour now please?

Oooh, WATER!? :eek: *runs off in the kitchen, shakes her head, runs back to her desk, picks up the waterbottle, runs back to the kitchen, fills it up and walks slowly (but panting heavily) back to her desk* GOT IT COVERED!! :D :p :cool:

oh, and can I have a reminder like that every half an hour now please?

Ha ha!! I'm not the only one that almost completely forgets that the stuff exists!! lol For a long time I couldnt drink it as it just made me feel sick, but think i'm beginning to get there...although I don't drink enough of it! Maybe we should start a water challenge!! :)

Hope you have a great day Meike :) xx

Morning dramatical Meike haha!!
I just drooled all over my Iphone
at the Steak mmmmhhh!! Delish with garlic butter
have a lovely weekend hun bun x

Ha ha!! I'm not the only one that almost completely forgets that the stuff exists!! lol For a long time I couldnt drink it as it just made me feel sick, but think i'm beginning to get there...although I don't drink enough of it! Maybe we should start a water challenge!! :)

Am all up for that water challenge!! Been really good today, drank 1.3liters water at work (thanks to Rach for reminding me to fillup my bottle :D) and had my standard skinny venti latte with sugarfree vanilla sirup for dessert :) another 0.5 liters done! (not even counting the milk from my cerials here hehe) Prob will have another pint of water/ sugarfree squash tonight in front of the telly and that's me done! Please don't ask how often I ran to see the bathroom today - hope to get some sleep tonight - hate getting up during the night just because I am upping my water intake :(

Morning dramatical Meike haha!!
I just drooled all over my Iphone
at the Steak mmmmhhh!! Delish with garlic butter
have a lovely weekend hun bun x

hehe, thanks Kally.. love garlic butter! shame about the points though - will try and make it myself next time, but with low fat marg and (hopefully fresh) herbs! should be good :)

love the hun bun.. is that something like a hot cross bun? :D feeling yummy already :p

OMG - Friday the 13th and we got our mortgage granted!!! is that a good sign? or a bad one?! :bibber: not sure!! are we doomed?! I shall hope that this is the turning on Friday the 13th and all my future Friday the 13th's are going to be great news and brilliant days!! :D
Anyway, I always believed that Thursdays the 12th were worse - but that's when we applied for the mortgage?!? OMG am going mad here - just have to cut out the suspicion and be happy about being a step closer to the house!! :D :p Will be late for work on Monday, the solicitor needs to see us in person (including ID and prove of address - well, i know where I live at the moment :D)

Weather is going to be rubbish this weekend so we'll prob stay in and talk about the house.. and the mortgage.. and the house.. and the solicitor we have to see on monday.. did I already mention the house?!? :D - damn, am annoying myself already :D

Will try and be good over the weekend - that's normally a lot easier as I always feel OH is watching what I am eating :D he doesn't at all, but talks about eating healthier all the time, think he doesn't like his little tummy that much - I find it really cuddly though :D so shouldn't be a prob to cook healthy, he prefers those dishes anyway (tastewise AND from a health perspective - could I ask for any more support there?? )
Well, he's been to see the doctor because of his bad back yesterday and she said he should be moving it, stretching it and even going on a gentle jog now and then would only do it good. Apparently resting is bad for the back so we are planning on going for a longish jog/walk tomorrow morning - hope it won't be too much rain and that we'll get our big asses out the flat! :D So wish me strength for that jog tomorrow :D

Not sure how much time I will be spending online over the weekend, but anyway have a good one my lovely ppl!!

<oven timer pings to alert Meike of her 30 minute water break>

How strange that things have turned on us... You were always telling me to drink my water, or at least have a sip and now I can't survive the day unless I've had 8 glasses. - Remember on the train when I still had two bottles of water in my hand and I couldn't touch them :giggle:

Have a lovely weekend M, you up to much? I imagine you in IKEA this weekend looking for new house stuff. xxx

Hehe, thanks for the ping Nikki - brill idea really - might set one up on my outlook! :p

You're right Nik, you always said that you can't touch the water, am so glad that you now gotten into the habit! It helps so much and keeps the hunger at bay - just realised that again today.

Strange how I always seem to need a physical refresher of things that I DO KNOW - but have to realise again. The same with going jogging - I know how i will feel afterwards and still I cannot get my arse up! but wait until I get started again - I will be talking and preaching about it as if I've never done anything else! :D

Hehe, no IKEA for me just yet (even though we need more serviettes.. and where else can you buy serviettes apart from IKEA? I mean seriously? can you??)
I don't want to spend any money on the house until I have signed the contract!! hehe, apart from the fact that we do not have any space to store the stuff - buying it now would mean I have to move it twice!! Nope, hate moving, so that's no option!! :D
Not sure if we will need much new stuff anyway, we have pretty much everything we need and not sure we'll want to be spending money on new... oh rubbish, who am I kidding?!?!

IKEA!!! HERE I COME! :p

my OH has a little belly too.. i love it. it fits nicely in my hand when i stroke his belly hair hahahaha :D

just thought i would share that with you! have a lovely weekend :) xxx

Have a great weekend I love moving house and all the house shopping stuff that goes with it. Not so keen on the mortgage arranging though

hey guys! soo please to have had a loss! only 2 lbs (for a first week really bad i know) and clearly have to say 'shame on me' for being so bigheaded 'yeah, i can control weekends, everything good then' yeah, right.. nothing went to plan, food plan's just gone AWOL and I can only blame myself and TOTM.. :( what was I thinking?? oh well.. here's to a new week :D (and no! I am NOT complaining about a 2lb loss!!)

my OH has a little belly too.. i love it. it fits nicely in my hand when i stroke his belly hair hahahaha :D

just thought i would share that with you! have a lovely weekend :) xxx

Hehe, thanks for sharing! I love that too!! love curling his chest hair around my fingers while watching telly.. he's not too keen on that really, think it distracts him too much from the film :giggle:

Have a great weekend I love moving house and all the house shopping stuff that goes with it. Not so keen on the mortgage arranging though

thank you! can't wait to go shopping, mortgage arranging wasn't too bad, just really nervwrecking when it comes to 'are we sure about this' - 'now it's getting serious' and then the reply 'your application has been forwarded for approval, an adviser will be in contact with you shortly' aaargh, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! good, bad? standard answer?!? :eek:

Otherwise I don't really have much news on the house, everything is out of our hands and we now have to wait until the solicitors have done their things and just hope that it happens quickly!! wanna go house shopping properly now!! Can't wait to move in, not looking forward to the packing and move but friends have already offered to help and one might be able to get a little transporter from work for free (under the premisse that he is the only driver - think I can handle that!! :D) Can't wait!

We went and saw the solicitor yesterday to identify ourselves and pay the fees so far and quickly went to morrissons shopping for breakfast for work.. OH's eyes were all over the place when I picked up 8 huge nectarines (plus 5 bananas) and bagged them up happily.. I bet he thought I'd gone mad - but I thought as I have a thing for them at the moment (and are soooooo lush!!) i thought 8 for 5 days at work, that's not even 2 per day! and off I went with my eight nectarines.. when I opened the bag now at work, and seeing the sheer amount of huge nectarines flying around all over my desk - hmm, I think he might have had a point! not that I'd ever admit that!! But let's wait and see how many are left on Friday 17:30 :D

We're off to lunch at strada's soon! Our bosses take all the secretaries out for lunch today - think this is a first since I've been here - if not longer! Looking forward to that even though on the other hands it's weird that they are paying for our lunch - you don't really want to go for the expensive stuff or the really cheap stuff either.. and just 'take whatever you fancy' is still sttrange if what I normally get is close to the most expensive things on the menu.. :sigh: but i think it's a nice gesture - even though this is prob going to be the most awkward lunch I've had in a while. :D us girls will have quite a ball chatting about it afterwards i bet!

Have a good tuesday ladies! xx

Well done on your 2lb loss - that's great work, especially since you're admitting to a couple of slip ups! It's so hard getting back on track but well done you.

Very exciting about the house - I hope things move quickly for you. If I ever get a mortgage I'm going to need to get an extra few thousand just for the sheer amount of shopping I will do immediately. I'm terrible. Having never been to Ikea I know that I will a) never want to leave and b) spend more than my house is worth :D

Hope you're having a good day and your lunch was yummy :)

2lbs is brill hun, i'd be well chuffed if i got that after a weekend i found difficult! :D really well done xxx

*Sighs* yes, you're right Kally, very quiet in here.. not too happy about that but not feeling well at the moment - been home yesterday off sick - having a head-cold since last friday and didn't/don't really feel like anything, but it's slowly getting better *coughs*

Still I managed to step on the scales and have a STS - so not too bad bearing in mind that I hardly pointed again last week..

Have to admit that I now really struggle to get back on track, and that after starting highly motivated again 2 weeks ago, I just don't understand myself at the moment..

We're having a birthday party of a friend next friday and I have already offered to be the driver - so will save a couple of points on drinks, feeling better already :D also another friend asked us to come over for sunday for fun and games, might get myself all sweaty on their wii fit, hopefully that will get my head in the right frame again. Will be driving there as well, so no drinks for me this weekend! Need more sleep anyway :(

Also I find this weather depressing.. It's AUGUST for F*CK's sake!! *rant over* :D

thanks for posting @ll!!
xx

What the hell is wrong with me!?

Why can't I eat less when I want to lose weight?
Why can't I stop spending as I am saving for the deposit/new furniture/decorations etc for the house?
Why can't I go jogging anymore even though it's not raining and I am lying awake in bed?
Why do I find myself making excuses for getting a cab when I could easily walk to work (20min) when it is NOT even raining nor am I late?!
Why can't I just do the things I am planning on doing but always find myself procrastinating and putting stones - more like proper walls, Mountains even - in my own way!!

WHY?? What is wrong with me that I am subconsiously doing the opposite to what I really want to do? Where is the switch from wanting to be good and actually being good?

:(

Back