Meike is not feeling it atm - sry girls :(

Meike

..crawling after ze wagon
Hello!

I re-started WW last wednesday (I said more about this in the Newbie-Introduction section) so I will have my new 'first' weigh-in Wednesday afternoon. :break_diet:

Even though getting started was quite easy and not really that hard (apart from a couple of tweaks with being hungry or having headaches the first two days with the new food plan) - but now I think I didn't really think the starting time through:
We had friends round for dinner last saturday, had a nice meal and as I hardly ate anything all day I could enjoy my OH's lovely risotto - including a nice pavlova afterwards :D
Still, this Friday is the office team's xmas / new years party, we prob be seeing friends to go on holiday with over pub-dinner on saturday, a 29th birthdayparty of a colleague lingering and a 21st birthdayparty of another colleague in the beginning of feb.. :p

I clearly should've postponed the beginning of going back to WW, but now that I've started I will stick with it.. Not really expecting much weightloss but at least staying the say - and any pound that wants to say goodbye to his host is welcome and looked at as a treat!! :D

Guess am lucky that I did not really thought about starting but just started - it felt the right thing to do and I was (for whatever reason) motivated enough to give it a go. So here I am!

Now I am really looking for a buddy (or two ;) ) to keep me motivated and to exchange tipps, tricks etc so that i won't fall off the wagon again... and from the look of this forum, I seem to have found it!! :wavey:

I have around 5 stones to loose in total but the only goal I have set myself is an average weight loss of 1 lb per week - that way I will fit in my beloved Jeans on my birthday in Summer!

So, am looking forward to getting to know you all!!

Many thanks
Meike
xx

P.S.: was wondering if you have a certain day/time when you all meet in the chat, have been in there a couple of times now but nealy always on my own :(

Newbie Alarm!

Last edited:
Good luck :) It's never really a good time to start, there will always be something. Just try to save if you can, or earn some APs.. or if not, just try to be as sensible as possible, enjoy the special occasions and get straight back on it the days in between :)

welcome to the forums Meike :) i second what Jess said - there are a million reasons (also known as excuses :p) for putting off starting a diet. In the end you have to learn to work around your social occasions and just get on with it :)

good luck with your first WI on wednesday i'm sure you will do fine x

Woohooo!! First weigh-in done!

Hello again!

Jess & Rachael: Thanks for you lovely comments, I do know that postponing the start would mean never really to start - so guess that's what kept me on the plan even after realising that the time was not perfect! But seems like I was wrong!! :D

Had my first WI and I am soooooo pleased: 3,5 pounds off!!! :clap:Yippey!!!! :talk017:

Am so happy, couldn't really believe it when I stepped on the scales! That is 7 packets of butter!! 7!!!!:clap:

I know that the first week is usually a higher loss then what you normally would expect, but a good starts keeps us motivated!! So second good week - here I come!! :)

My week was ok so far, always stayed within my points and I kept track of what I ate. BUT I know that with time I won't see it this strict and will not point everything or won't write my food-diary.. and that is when I start to slip and fall off the wagon! So I shall not!!

Tomorrow I will have my xmas/new years do from work, so I prob will be over my daily allowance - but I won't have more than 2-3 glases of wine and will stick to water for the rest of the evening - and will be good throughout the rest of the week to make up for that - shouldn't be too hard, prob will be staying in bed all saturday :D

So long, will be having omelette with cheese and ham and a big salad tonight - Yummy!

Congratulations on your great weight loss. I restarted last week too. Good luck with this week.

Good morning..

After all this joy am having a bad day today.. run out of points yesterday so couldn't have a desert - it would only been a mueller light for 1,5p, but didn't want to go over my points with tonights works-do looming.. so wasn't too happy yesterday but stuck to it anyway.. so now am feeling deprived already before the day has even started, can' t really look forward to tonights lovely dinner/drinks coz i cannot point them properly and am afraid i will have a gain next WI.. :sigh:

I know I have to get my head 'round the fact that I am allowed to have days like this and that I can even them out with the rest of the week and exercise - which I am not yet doing, hopefully the weather is a bit nicer this weekend so we can go for a nice long walk, jogging wouldn't be good yet as i still have a bit of a cough and the air is too cold outside.. :D

And didn't I say I wouldn't expect any loss as long as I have all these do's?? Well, seems like i do now! *grrrrr* :mad:

Anywho, will nibble on my carrot sticks now and hope for the best! :)

Cheers
Meike

well done on your first WI :) dont worry too much about your night out - just try and exercise the idea that you wont eat anymore if you start to feel full.

Mentally divide each of your courses in half and decide how satisfied you feel at the halfway point of each - it should stop you eating more than you should :) then tomorrow, just back to your points :)

and even if you dont manage it, then just dont give up! a lot of people think WW doesnt work for them.. but if they give up, then of course its not going to work :) winners persevere! :D xxx

Many thanks Rachael, it feels good to get feedback to calm down again!!

The meal was really nice, my steak was grilled and came with a separate portion of potato mash which I shared with a colleague, and I did half of the absolutely delicious chocolate mousse - so I think foodwise I wasn't too bad! but.. I couldn't stick to my "1 cocktail and 2 glases of wine" thought and think i easily killed a bottle of rose myself.. and had 2 shots.. but all in all, it could've been worse :eek:) Was at home at a reasonable time and did alright over the weekend.

The problem with dividing the food on my plate is that i always have the urge/need to finish my plate, especially if the food is nice - that is the hardest thing for me to deal with at the moment. I am not satisfied if I give myself just a small portion - need big portions and cannot leave anything on my plate. And another thing is: I usually point the whole meal that i cook for my OH and myself and then just divide the points by two (or three, depending on the portion), so i feel that i deserve and need to eat all that's on my plate as i counted those points in my daily allowance. :sigh:

Has anyone a trick how do tackle this? I am not sure if I really could be bothered to weigh the cooked food i put on my plate (not that I would know how to point that then anyway)

I know I will have to tackle my I-have-to-finish-my-plate issue at some point, but i think as long as I have plenty points I can afford ignoring this for the minute :eek:)

and even if you dont manage it, then just dont give up! a lot of people think WW doesnt work for them.. but if they give up, then of course its not going to work :) winners persevere! :D xxx

Yes, i think this is definitely the way! just start again, as everyday counts - even if the day before was rubbish, that doesn't mean that the whole week needs to be lost - perseverance is the key to success!! And i will succeed!!!

Many thanks!!
Meike
xx

thats exactly how i think! if i can fit it in my points allowance then i dont say no i cant have it.. but i do try and limit myself to maximum 4 points worth of pasta / rice and 3 points worth of potato if theyre on my plate as like you even if I'm full i feel the need to eat it when i dont need to!

is your OH on the diet or do you just give them the same meals as you? I often try pointing so much food, dividing it in half and giving myself a slightly smaller portion but pointing it the same - then I feel like i'm easing myself down into eating less food without feeling like I'm having more than I should or whatever :)

well done on your night out btw.. sounds like a success to me :) only 11 points i wouldve thought in your alcohol and if you think about it, 4 pints of cider would be more than that, and if you drink spirits with non diet mixers its very easy to tot up more than that too! :) xxx

thats exactly how i think! if i can fit it in my points allowance then i dont say no i cant have it.. but i do try and limit myself to maximum 4 points worth of pasta / rice and 3 points worth of potato if theyre on my plate as like you even if I'm full i feel the need to eat it when i dont need to!
Hmm, I might try the limitation on the carbs as well, but we have a lovely ricecooker with a little cub and the relating measurements for the water in the pot, so If i count just one cub it won't be enough but two cubs leaves me with 6 points for rice (one cub is around 120g) - and i have to admit, I love my rice!! :p could first try it with pasta and potatoes though, should be easier - I feel bad throwing food away and we rarely eat leftovers - another thing I will have to tackle at some point (maybe I should make a list?!?) :D
is your OH on the diet or do you just give them the same meals as you? I often try pointing so much food, dividing it in half and giving myself a slightly smaller portion but pointing it the same - then I feel like i'm easing myself down into eating less food without feeling like I'm having more than I should or whatever :)
No, my OH is not on a diet but he eats whatever I am cooking :) he is so easy in everything and tries to support me in any way he can!! :heartpump: I guess he wouldn't mind to lose a bit (maybe a stone in total) but i reckon that would just happen automatically as he eats my WW dinners now :D)
I will try giving myself a smaller portion - but am soo greedy at the moment. :eek: I am using roughly half my points on our dinners (incl a treat afterwards) and therefore am nearly starving by the time I am cooking - will try and eat more carrots etc during the day to keep me full though..
well done on your night out btw.. sounds like a success to me :) only 11 points i wouldve thought in your alcohol and if you think about it, 4 pints of cider would be more than that, and if you drink spirits with non diet mixers its very easy to tot up more than that too! :) xxx
Only 11 points on my alcohol? I counted 5 for the shots and i think 13 for the bottle of rose, just to be on the safe side - how come you only had 11??? (I'd love to take on your's though :D)

well i might be wrong on the shots but a full bottle of wine is 9 points :)

and i am a list maker - make the list! :D x

:eek: Another WI tonight.. :eek:
If I look at my food tracker I have been ok for the week, not gone over apart from last friday, but am clearly over my weekly allowance! So I am hoping for a STS but am highly doubtful about that.. but we'll see! I'll keep you posted! :eek:

I have to admit that I haven't had a brilliant week, found it harder to stay in my points, had to calculate everything in advance to see if it was within my allowance, had a couple of cravings in the evening etc - and trying so save points in retrospect is so damn hard!! it is so much easier if you're saving point while looking fwd to the event you're saving them for - not having to save them after you spent them the friday before. So I have to bear that in mind! Luckily we don't have any plans for this weekend, no partys or dinner invitations, so I should be back on track for the next week! *fingerscrossed*

My OH is making his special risotto with prawns and rice tonight for after my WI, can't wait! He is even weighing the cheese before he puts it in so that I can count it accurately, he's just the best! :lilkiss:

oh and here's my list - wanted to put it in my signature but i am not allowed that much stuff in there yet :(
  • not putting all the food on the plates :sigh:
  • i don't have to finish my plate if I am full :gimi:
  • cutting down on carbs :wave_cry:
  • throwing food away - rather in the bin than on my hips :eek:
  • starting to jog again :argh:
Thanks Rach! :thankyou:

love it! :) your OH is lovely pointing your risotto for you! :D

mine does try but he makes up things that he thinks should be zero points.. namely yoghurt, cheese and milk cause theyre dairy and oil because you should include them in your diet so he just doesnt bother counting the points! I'll give him his due though, he tries haha :)

hope your WI went well today hun :) xxx

hehe.. well, he leaves the pointing for me but measures everything he puts in so I can do it accurately ;)
LOL your OH is brilliant - cheese and oil for zero points, wouldn't we all love that!! :D Am so glad we have understanding and supporting OHs, read about some other OHs who just don't care and are so not helpful!!! :mad: that really would make me angry! :mad:

Thanks for your support Rach, my WI was alright, 'lost' half a pound was expecting to STS so this is even better AND the right direction! :cool:

Will have a snoop around your diary now, it seems to become a bit one sided here :eek:

oh and here's my list - wanted to put it in my signature but i am not allowed that much stuff in there yet :(
  • not putting all the food on the plates :sigh:
  • i don't have to finish my plate if I am full :gimi:
  • cutting down on carbs :wave_cry:
  • throwing food away - rather in the bin than on my hips :eek:
  • starting to jog again :argh:

I'm being nosey, and jumping into your life!! :p
Great targets, morals, aims... :)
I'm struggling with the "not finishing my plate" and "throwing food away"... the way I have been brought up!

I'm trying to also slow down when I eat - It keeps being said that it takes 20 minutes for your brain to know it has eaten something so I need to stop wolfing it down in 10 mins flat! Problem is, when I was a kid, you scoff it or someone else pinches it..!!! haha.

A loss is a loss, well done :) Keep going and you'll do ace !! x

Hey Jen! Feel free to jump into my life, everyone is welcome :D

I am already eating fairly slowly, and I have to admit that I indeed do feel when I am getting full - but finish my plate anyway :cry: I kinda feel that if I stop eating when I am feeling satisfied, I will be hungry again in an hour or two and will just stuff my face with anything.. so I'd rather finish my (pre-pointed plate) and won't have anything afterwards.. It works for me at the moment, but in the long run, I now I have to change that habbit :ashamed0005: .. slowly though ;)

I am not too sure if it is my upbringing ('if you don't finish you're plate, we won't have sunshine tomorrow' :() or if it is just that I do like my food.. I like what I cook and just think it's a waste throwing it away.. I rather enjoy finishing it - nevermind if I am stuffed afterwards - at least we'll have sunshine tomorrow :D

Am just back from the hairdressers, love the smell in there - really should treat me more often to a new hair cut! Anyway, my hair is shorter now, finally has a cut and I must have at least lost another 0.5-1lb!! :p Really love my haircut, am so pleased! Only hope now that my OH won't be too shocked, but I guess he will love it, too! Well, he better!

And I feel that this kind of indulgence is much better for me than having a pudding or chocolate bar - not only in relation to my weightloss, but as well in terms of self-esteem, enjoyment of life and feeling good in/about oneself.. and that all for just £18 around the corner :cool:

Thanks a lot for your support ladies!! You're all ueber-super!!
Meike
xxx

Oh you are sooo lucky that you don't get the need to finish your plate. I usually point my food before I put it onto a plate, so the whole of the plate has a certain amount of points, so I finish it - not sure how I would deal with leftovers though, never have any :D but I reckon you're doing it correctly, if you either leave the 0 points on the plate or take the points of the pointed food back into your allowance if you don't eat it! Don't worry - in the end it all comes down to 'point what you eat', not 'point what is on the plate' :p
Feel free to ask whenever you have a problem, even though I bet you're doing just fine, am not a big fan of the meeting itself, but I need some kind of pressure to keep me on track - esp in the beginning, that's why I go to the meeting. But honestly, I don't really find them that helpful, and don't like the way my Leader is doing the meeting.. but time/place is just so convenient.. oh well :(

hehe, I got roughly 5 inch cut off, and now my hair doesn't touch my shoulders anymore - but I wouldn't call it a short haircut, as the hair itself is still long, not a bob or something like that! Would look like a moonpig with a bob.. :eek: oh, that's hard to explain...

xx

No worries, and as you lost the last few weeks, even if you did something wrong, you must've done enough right to make up for it ;) That's brilliant!

Oh that is such a great idea, never thought of freezing the veggies and do a "bubble and squeak" thingy with it!! :eek: I think i will take that on and keep one bag for those - do you put more veggies in the same container as the one you froze earlier or do you use new containers for every leftover you have? I think I will start doing that, at least I won't feel that bad for leaving stuff on the plate knowing it's going to waste :)

ooof, back to the hair again: If I would have my hair as short as you do on your photo (which suits you really well btw), my cheeks would be blown up and look like two hot air balloons - therefore that would make me look like a moonpig - and I wouldn't really like that.. who would?
So my hair is juuuuust above the shoulders, nice and fluffy.. and nooo, there's no pic coming anytime soon!! :p

Foodwise I think I am doing quite well this week, no gravings, don't feel deprived and am always under my daily allowance.. More often than not I have eaten around 23p out of my 26 but I think that can only help for my WI on Wednesday as I am still to lazy to do any exercise yet - I know that will have to start again soon, but it's still too cold and wet and dark outside - excuses excuses, I know, but I know that the day will come when it just bites me and I have to go out and run, and I will enjoy it (well, a bit at least) and can then stick to it - just as it was with starting WW again - I will know one day it will be the right time to start.. and will feel good about it. So no use beating myself up for not having started at the moment, not a bad feeling I have to admit :cool:
[edit: having said that I was always under my daily points allowance: I just calculated today (we're having homemade Chicken Gyros with Tsatsiki and salad in wraps- yummy) - comes down to exactly 26 points :) - so no desert or anything else today.. this is a first this week!! :p]

Am drinking plenty (mostly no added sugar squashs from Robinsons, really love the orange and mango one) and am feeling not as tired as I did before I started WW.. so am quite a happy bunny at the moment :D (this will last at least until my WI tomorrow evening) I have even managed to leave food on the plate last week - but only twice :p guess that's better than finishing it every day :D

So long, have a good week you lovely people!
Meike
xx

Last edited:
Hey just wanted to say welcome aboard. Sorry for the delay have had some computer issues. Well done on your excellent losses to date :) xxx

Hi Ladies!

Many thanks for the welcome Saski, better late then never :) Really love this forum, and all the lovely ppl here :thankyou:

I have today used all of my points no problem, which is really good for me now. I think I have finally worked out what I was doing wrong...... Saving points for snacks, and I don't normally eat snacks :confused:
I have been eating alot of zero pointed foods and soups and such, eating low pointed bread, having only egg whites scrambled, all because I thought I would be wanting to eat stuff like chocolate and crisps, but I don't ever have crisps in the house as a rule, but now for the past couple of weeks I have been buying them and eating them in the evenings, along with biscuits and the like, and this is something I just don't do, so why do I think I am supposed to be doing it now? So as of today, no more of this rubbish EVERY day, just when I fancy it and save up my points. It's been really nice having higher pointed meals today, alot more enjoyable.

I found that I am doing that as well now!! normally I don't have crisps or sweets, especially not in the evening but all of a sudden I find myself looking at the low fat ones, and even buying some (WW cheese puffs - what a waste of money - absolutely tasteless) - I really can't explain that. So how come we're now looking for 'low points alternatives' to have if we haven't had the originals in the first place? And to be honest, I don't like the taste and texture of those lowfat alternatives anyway, so should I ever feel the need to have crisps, I'd rather have the proper ones and enjoy a couple of them properly (mind, not the whole pack though - OH can have the rest) :p - even if I have to even those points out during the rest of the day/week. :D

Oh, and of course was the gyros homemade!! :p (first time I did it all from scratch though) here it comes:

400g chicken/turkey breast (cut in long, thin slices)
1 big onion (cut in long, thin slices)
4 tsp oil
1 glove garlic (finely chopped or through the garlic press)
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp basil
1/2 tsp paprica powder (the normal one)
1/2 tsp rosmary
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp coriander
a bit of cayenne pepper or chilli flakes if you like it hot
salt to season
bang all spices/herbs with the oil in a biggish freezerbag and mix it all together, adding the chicken/turkey and onion in the bag and mix with the herbs, leave to marinate for at least an hour (I left it overnight). Then just fry it in a pan (you don't need any more oil as the marinade is quite oily already) until the chicken is cooked, season to taste with salt and pepper.

goes brilliantly with Tzatziki:

500g low fat joghurt
250g quark/fromage fraiche (morrissons has that)
1 cucumber
1 garlic glove (through the garlic press)
salt to season
Peal and half the cucumber lengthwise, take out the soft bit in the middle and grate the cucumber onto a fresh kitchentowel (the cotton ones, not the tissue ones like bounty etc), and press as much water out of the cucumber as possible. Mix the joghurt with the quark to get a smooth creme, add cucumber, garlic and salt to season.. if you prepare this in advance be careful with the garlic as it gets stronger with time :eek:

I wasn't too fond of having this in a wrap as the wrap was quite overpowering, think next time I will have it with some nice salad on the side :)
.. and now you can guess what I smell like today!! :D:eek:

I will keep you posted on my WI tonight, hopefully a loss.. I really seem to be getting behind everyone on Gerry's One-Stone-challenge :eek:

Cheers
Meike
xx

Back