Meike is not feeling it atm - sry girls :(

Hi Meike!!! Loving your diary thread! You're doing really well so far!! Keep up the great work.
I have to say I never have any leftovers unless it's something that i'm not too keen on, but generally these days I always have something i like/love so I don't leave anything, but due to lack of time to cook from scratch I nearly always have a ready meal for dinner!! Probs not the best way to go but at least it's portion controlled for me, so I generally add veg and/or yorky pud/waffle or chips a couple of times a week...normally on w/i night (aft w/i of course and at w/end as a treat!!)

Seems to be working atm so will carry on as i am...

Anyway, waffling here, just popped in to say hi & welcome and that you're in great company, this site and the people here is a godsend, I don't know what i'd do without it/them....oh i know, eat like a pig and end up the size of a house....!!!!

Many thanks and welcome to my diary Linz! :thankyou:
I really love cooking food from scatch and I find it quite easy to adapt my recipes so that they fit in with WW. But I can totally understand why ppl rather pick up a ready meal, they are so convenient when it comes to pointing them and you save a lot time as well. Unfortunately everytime I tried any i was fairly disppointed with their taste AND portion size! Love my big portions and a full plate, and bulking things up with veggies is not really on my mind just yet :eek: As I said in my earlier post, I will have to tackle that at one point, but for the moment I have plenty of points and enough time at hand to cook from scatch - so I end up with the same question every day: and what am I cooking tonight??? :D
But as your weightloss shows, it is definitely working for you, so why should you change anything?? congrats on your loss so far, will now keep an eye on you ;)

Ooh, Nikki, you already made the Gyros?? Now that's a surprise, really hope you like it, especially as you were planning to make lasagne first, am a bit apprehensive i have to admit.. :eek: please say you liked it, please!!!

Oh, and regarding my WI yesterday: I lost 3 lbs!!! woo wooo :happy036: am sooo happy! :party0011: this is my first silver 7 and am really proud of it!! Speaking of silver 7's, Linz, where did you get your brilliant silver 7's in your signature from?? would love to have one of them in mine (well, not only one of course :D, but I guess that'll come with time).

and that 1 stone challenge is quite nice to have, even if I shouldn't manage to lose the stone by beginning of March, but it will be an incentive and I am sure that i won't be dishearted so there's nothing to lose really.. erm.. apart from weight that is.. :p

As I had such a nice loss yesterday I decided to take today's afternoon off and treat myself to a nice lunch at hummous brothers with my OH - he has been talking about it all the time since he went there first a couple of weeks ago. We both really enjoy hummous and as the manager of HB was kind enough to email me most of their nutritional value of their food I thought I can afford it today - and it was soooooo yummy!! can only recommend it to anyone who likes Hummous and works in London!! sooo nice! well, that will mean we're left with a veggy stir fry tonight, but that is def worth it!

We even went for a little walk around the area where we both worked together 3 years ago - memory lane!! :heartpump: All those benches we spend the first exciting lunches together, all in secrecy as we didn't want our colleagues to know that we were seeing each other.. ;) such lovely memories!! was a really lovely lunchbreak :heartpump: Am such a lucky girl!!

Will be going shopping now and picking my lovely OH from the station, the poor one couldn't take this afternoon off and had to go back to work :wave_cry:

xx

Well done chick on the 3lbs!!!!
Just copy and paste the silver 7 from mine to yours!!! Thats what i done anyway...xx

Can't copy anything out of anyone's signature.. :(
And I guess my signature space is still not big enough for those.. *cries* so unfair!

[Edit: am so stupid!!:d'oh: - got it!! thx:flowers:]

Last edited:
oooff.. you again!! :p

how are we feeling today? :D

Hey Linz - Day is going soooo sloooow.. OH has this afternoon off whilst I still have to work another 5 hours until my weekend! So unfair! :(

Think I did't get as much sleep last night as I should've so I might give the chatroom a miss tonight - prob will be asleep on the couch around 8-ish :D

did you already catch up with all your work you neglected yesterday?? :p

Will be having a 21th B-day party tomorrow (not mine, obviously :eek:) so have to try and keep up with all those girlies and need my beauty-sleep!! :D

Haha Kally - now who's stalking who's diary?? :)
Glad you enjoyed the read - it def keeps me on track being on here and just waffling as it comes to mind really :)
xx

Well done on the 3lbs off :) Your menu sounds lovely my dear. Keep it up. xxx

Good morning ladies!
mhhhhmm, had a lovely weekend, been partying all night saturdsay with colleagues at a 21st B-day party! was really great! :D We danced a lot and had a brilliant time! My OH did offer to drop us off and pick us up later on (even though he was invited, too - but didn't fancy going:() but I decided that I wouldn't want to drink much and the ONLY way for me to stick to this while having a good time seems to be when I am driving! So I was! Only had one small glas of Rose :D when we arrived and had sparkling water for the rest of the night! Am quite proud of myself, coz I have to admit that I got a bit jealous when everyone else started on shots - but shots and driving just don't go together! *laughs* was so much fun driving a colleague of mine home though, she was soo drunk and was singing on the top of her voice - even though she can't hold a tune :D Hilarious!!!

Didn't count my points on that evening, but I had a jacket potatoe before we left and was just nibbling on some of the finger food they had - absolutely looove breaded mushrooms.. and they had a really nice garlic butter with it - oh well, think I danced them off anyway! and as I haven't had much to drink it wasn't a bad night pointswise.. And I saved some points on thursday and yesterday, so I should be fine!

We are going to see a gig of a friend of ours on Wednesday, but the time schedule is fairly tight so am not too sure if I will manage to go and get weighed.. even though I really don't want to miss it. Really a nuisance, do you know that feeling that you've been good and can't wait to get the prove on the scales for that? That's how I feel at the moment.. Might call my leader and see if she would let me jump on the scales while they are still setting up the room, otherwise we might be too late to the gig.. hmm, see if I can reach her.. :(

Oof, work is calling - mondays' are really the worse, aren't they?? :(
xx

Mondays are Pants Meike.
The party sounded like a lot of fun, well done to you on taking the car and sticking to your plan of driving home its always hard when people are drinking in front of you.
don't worry about the finger food think of all the activity points you earned dancing, i'm sure it more than makes up for the odd breaded mushroom and garlic butter dip.

Sounds like you had an awesome evening. Well done on being so disciplined with the drink! I know it's hard sometimes but it'll be worth it in the long run. :) xxx

Hey!!

I will be going to my WI tonight, spoke to my leader and she was nice enough to tell me that I could knock on the side-door and just quickly jump onto the scales :D so happy!! well, hopefully I still will be happy after I jumped on them... :fingerscrossed: but I do hope that the dancing and the non-alcohol (well, close enough :)) does show on the scales!!

oooh, my day yesterday was HORRIBLE!! Had to see the dentist cos a filling fell out on Monday and has charged me £140 in the end to half-way extract my tooth.. but as I have strong bones (i knew it!! no wonder am overweight :D) the root didn't want to go out of the bone so they left it in.. and said I'd have to come back when the root is a bit loosened or go to the hospital where they would cut the root out!! am telling you, it was such a bad day, hate sitting on that chair, getting all worked up, shivering and sweating once they turn the lamp on - let alone starting to do anything! never though I would react this irrational about something, but I certainly do.. :cry:

But anyway, am looking forward to our friend's gig tonight and as I am now on antibiotics to fight off any infections in the tooth, I am again on driver's duty - so no alcohol, which means fewer points for the evening :D We're going to have a subway for on the way as we are a bit under time pressure!! only a 6inch one this time, normally I would finish a footlong.. but that should be enough! and as we're out and about I can't have any seconds so it HAS to be enough :p

We'll see.. Will let you know how I got on tomorrow!

Have a good day!
xx

Fingers crossed for the weigh in and hope you have a fab time tonight - Enjoy your six inches! :D
:eek: that sounded postively rude me lady :D

Hope weigh in is a good one Meike, and hope your hole isn't hurting to much lol i mean where they took the tooth out.
The root should eventually work its way to the surface for easy removal

Back