Melanie's food diary

grover - glad you said that about those bars as Im sure i wouldnt be able to just have one and definately not instead of a meal!

Thanks Longratia. Think we need an Atkins Bar poll... those who can limit them V those who can't!! I think if I could limit anything food-wise, I wouldn't be here in the first place! However, I wouldn't have met such encouraging folk either!!!

LOL @ Melanie and Vicky, how about the side effects? I have never eaten them but I have heard they can give people the runs and gas. :D

i almost bought one of them in boots on monday but thought i didnt deserve it yet! lols maybe next week. I almost never get time to have lunch on mondays due to shopping and cooking so i might get one next week as a meal replacment!

Oh God. OhGodOhGodOhGodOhGod....

While I can't blame it all on the Atkins bars, they acted as a horrible, evil trigger and I went to the dark side last night. Which is stupid and ridiculous and has knocked me out of Ketosis and back days and days...

Off to have a think..... I'm not giving up btw....

I sympathise Melanie, that's the problem with them I feel.

Well, with my curious mind it was bound to happen, and thanks for the sympathies Jim, it helps :eek:. The point is, it WON'T happen again. 'Diet' food is never, ever, ever a good idea. For me anyhow.

Today's a **right-off :eek: but I'm trying to re-gather my mojo...... updates as I go...

** Sorry, I mean 'write-off', self editing!

Last edited:
Oh no! STEP AWAY from the atkins bars!! ;)
Just get back on track and put it behind you.

agreed, put it behind you and move on Melanie.

Uff, in a carb fog today... even got a carb headache. Writing this down here for all to see to remind ourselves why we're doing this! While illicit treats might be a naughty/nice idea, the reality isn't so pretty.

So, it's lots and lots and lots of water today....

Lunch
charcoal chicken salad
2 frankfurters

Dinner (cooking for parents)
Smoked Salmon, Smoked Salmon pate and some watercress, Roast Chicken, and broccoli

Once today is done, tomorrow will look brighter....

Hope everyone else is doing good.

Last edited:
Hi grovegirl and welcome.. just reading your post now and I agree with everyone, just get back on the wagon and with 8 pounds to lose it shouldn't take that long.. also just a comment on the atkins bars I still have a big box of them not because they aren't good but with the gas that they give me and sorry if TMI, that in itself put me off the bars.. just be strong and back away from them :)

Thanks M!

Do you know, I'd no nasty side effects from the bars other than the HORRID sugar cravings.... but with potential other nasty effects, it's double-reason for me to steer clear.

So, yup, it's head down time and time for a bit of focus.

Once I've fed my parents tonight, I'm spending the rest of the evening buried in my Atkins book for some re-affirming!

LOL. Ive just got my copy today from ebay. Will be reading tonight too!

Hey Grovergirl...

Well done on getting back on track... I have the same reaction with atkins bars but have used sero bars with no side affects if your looking for something. x

I was going to try sero bars to see if I wouldn't have the bad side affects as with atkins but I think I'll just leave them alone LOL

:Morning everyone!

Well, thank heavens, the January fog (as well as the carb haze) lifted overnight. It's safe to say that today is the first day I've actually felt like myself in weeks... And so I can tackle this food thing fine (as long as I steer clear of the 'Frankenfood' (Thanks for that one, Jim).

Today's plan - Thursday, Jan 21
Lunch - left over chicken, 2 x rashers, 1/2 bag of cabbage

Dinner – Herbed chicken, broccoli/leek/cabbage mix, 75g parma ham

snack - handful of olives, 2 cubes feta, piece of smoked salmon, teasp cream cheese.

Also, I dug out my fibreclear, so must take that morning and evening... :rolleyes:

And... drumroll... I'm going to the... wait for it... GYM this evening! Can't stand the thought of walks or runs in this miserable weather, but some mindless excercise in front of a TV is totally possible...

Gym - 15 minutes stepper, 35 mins treadmill. 500 cals burnt...

Let the year begin! :)

Last edited:
Morning Melanie, you sound so positive this morning. :)

Yey!!
Best of luck and glad you are back on track. Damn those atkins bars.

Yes... damn them to their lowly 'three for two' status!
:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Much better today thanks. Just gotta keep in the bubble for a while....

Hope everyone is doing good?

Back