Melanie's food diary

Morning everyone, or rather good afternoon as it is now... :wave_cry:

Time for a bit of catch up....

Sunday, great day but wasn't near a computer...
Breakfast - cabbage and 3 x rashers

lunch - chargrilled chicken salad, cucumber

Dinner - smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, cream cheese, cabbage, mushrooms

snack - olives

Today, Monday
Breakfast - sausage and scrambled egg
Still to do a big shop so awaiting inspiration for lunch and dinner....

Slight setback - tested with ketostix this morning... Usually I'm in ketosis four days once off carbs, regular as clockwork. Then by day 5 I'm well and truly there. This morning was day 6 and I tested... nada.... Hmmmmm..... does this mean I'm not in 'fat burning mode'... the signs would indicate that bad news to be so.... any thoughts anyone?

Hello all,

Just wanted to check in and let you all know I'm still alive!!! I had a ridiculously awful week last week – mostly work related – and fell off the wagon big style. Which is fine, stuff happens etc and I knew exactly what I was doing, but really couldn't help myself. Anyhow, my habits have spiraled out of control so I'm going back to a bit of TFR to try and get tastebuds/apetite/habits back to where I want them. The time away from regular eating will also give me some 'time out' to get my head in order, regain perspective and plan a little into the future.

I'm still reading everything here and will no doubt be commenting.... :p

Keep up the good work all!
Melanie

We've all been there Melanie, just do what you need to get back on track love.

Thanks guys, it's great to get the support here. And I think lo-carb is certainly the way to go for me in the long term. Right now I need very rigid rules to get back on track - head as well as body. :D

hiya mel, how you don;t mind me calling you mel, and you will be ok. you are now back on track and it's happened to all of us :) the support in this forum is great if I must agree with you on that :)

Hi all!

Just checking in to say howdy, and I hope everyone's doing good.
I'm on day 4 of TFR, in ketosis and trying to get my head around 'food going forward'... No great conclusions or epiphanies as yet, but I find what I'm doing is helpful to get me away from bad habits/cravings etc and to start thinking about how I need to live my life and deal with food.

Sigh.

Anyhow, just wanted you to know I'm still around and logging on.
Melanie :D

hi melanie. I thought you were doing atkins or have i missed something?

Hey there,
Yes I was... and then had a terribly bad week last week that turned my eating into chaos, so I'm trying to detox from all of that and get my head sorted... I'm not giving up, I'm just rebooting!

ah right :) which tfr are you doing? will you be coming back to Atkins?

Hi Melanie, good to hear from you love.

I'm doing lipotrim, and lots of thinking... Atkins is certainly a good concept, and I like the plan. But to be honest, right now I want to focus more on my food issues rather than programmes. Will come around to the next step in due course. I've a very long history of weight loss (and gain!). Quite substantial amounts of both, but I've been lucky enough to keep within one to one-and-a-half stone of goal for the past seven years. :D

Makes sense to me Melanie, got to get the head right first.

That's it Jim! I think if you can get the head sorted, then whatever comes next is a doddle. I read a post here about the will to succeed having to be greater than the urge to eat in order for us to achieve what we need and it's stuck with me.

That, and getting sugar out of our systems!!!

Back