Melissa's Diary -Vauxhall dealer trashed our car & 13lb to go, yippee

Great to have you back hun!! You'll soon get your strength back in the pool. It is physcally exhausting, but you'll build up your muscle very quickly, the body is very quick to adjust.

Well done on not cheating!!! You are a star!!

I hope I am able to build back up with being on CD. I really felt weak and feeble. I guess its coz my BP and Blood Glucose is a lot lower too. It's the nearest I have come to thinking "OMG I must have food". I really felt like I needed it. I guess my body was saying it did as not enough energy available. But no, not yet !!!!

Well done on all the swimming. I am hoping to get the confidence to get back in the pool soon. Myself and Karen used to go every week and the looks you get are awful, but once you get in its great, then the worse part getting out after, blooming heck thats when you realise how heavy you are when you try to hoist yourself up the steps.

Oh yes, that horrible heavy feeling of getting out of the water, it doesn't feel good. I think I will always be self-conscious....I wouldn't swim coz of my weight and now I am so wrinkly at the top of my arms and legs that i think people will stare at that. But what the hell...I am trying to tone up so if they don't like it they can look at a dolly bird instead :D

Well done Mel! I need to go back swimming as well. Thanks for the motivation. Angela x

You're welcome ! Go for it !:) Lottie and Kirstin inspired me so maybe its contagious :D

welcome back Mel.
So pleased you had a great hol,& did loads of swimming & lost loads more weight & did lots of walking & didn't cheat & even had good weather.

All we need now are the pics!!!

Thanks :) Well got the OH to take my official 100lb off photos so will put those up maybe Wednesday morning after my weigh in.

I'll look foreward to those.

I wouldn't worry too much about the feeling out of practise in the pool.the body catches up v fast.i bet if you went swimming this W/E you'd notice a difference already compared to last.
Of course the best way to est it would be to get your DH to take you off for another break somewhere to test it.

I'll look foreward to those.

I wouldn't worry too much about the feeling out of practise in the pool.the body catches up v fast.i bet if you went swimming this W/E you'd notice a difference already compared to last.
Of course the best way to est it would be to get your DH to take you off for another break somewhere to test it.

:giggle: Yes working on that one already ! Really have the wanderlust and want to be away for Easter but I guess its all a bit late now and we should be conserving our resources for the imminent move to Cornwall. Very tempting to go down there though although the whole world and her dog will be travelling down to Cornwall this week I guess.

I have weighed in this morning and in a fortnight have lost 6 pounds......so 106 pounds gone, 18 pound to go before I can re-introduce food.:)

Have talked to my CDC about it already and I am going to do 2 weeks on Add a Meal when I have lost the 18lb before I start moving up the other plans. I would like to get my BMI to less than 25 and the 18lb still to go takes me to that so I am relying on smaller weight losses as I move through the other CD programmes to bring it down a bit more.

Anyway, my "official" 100 pounds off photo..you'll have to imagine the other 6lb gone !:D I suppose a tunic top wasn't the most flattering thing to wear as I think they make the slimest people look pregnant !

However:
BeforenAfter100llb.jpg

Well done mel.
A truely amazing achievement.
you look so different.don'tworry about the top-it suits you & doesn't make you look pregnant.
Nor can it hide the face,neck,arms,legs etc.
you will do some more pics of the final finished you won't you?

wow mel your stunning, and check out the legs on ya, gee im jealous
and i REALLY like that top, its cool where did you get it??
wow 106 lbs that is sooooo fab
im shaking my head now in amazement as you look so different, do people not recognise you anymore? bet they dont
well done again
natalie xx

Well done mel.
A truely amazing achievement.
you look so different.don'tworry about the top-it suits you & doesn't make you look pregnant.
Nor can it hide the face,neck,arms,legs etc.
you will do some more pics of the final finished you won't you?

Thanks :) Yes I am trying to do piccies of at least every stone or every month, depending on which comes first :D

:wow: What more can I say but wowee, you look amazing. Well done you have done blooming fantastic.

Thanks ! My head will get bigger at this rate :D

wow mel your stunning, and check out the legs on ya, gee im jealous
and i REALLY like that top, its cool where did you get it??
wow 106 lbs that is sooooo fab
im shaking my head now in amazement as you look so different, do people not recognise you anymore? bet they dont
well done again
natalie xx

Thanks natayou ! :)

I thought I bought the top from Dorothy Perkins but then I saw someone else wearing one and it was from Evans...but they are all Burtons group aren't they so it could be a Dotty P's....I am fond of that shop!

Tops still fit me in Evans but jeans and skirts dont - hurray :D First time in my adult life I can't buy skirts in there !

Loads of people haven't recognised me. Even saw a bestest friend who lives miles apart from me and went running up to her when we met and she looked straight through me ! Then she nearly fainted with shock !

Hey Mel, you look fantastic, I love the top. You must feel so amazing, well done for sticking to the plan 100% you really are a star! Angela x

Mel,

Have not posted on your thread before but just wanted to say you look amazing. :)

Wendy x

Hey Mel, you look fantastic, I love the top. You must feel so amazing, well done for sticking to the plan 100% you really are a star! Angela x

Aaawww, thanks !:) I am starting to feel a lot more confident and happy within myself, don't quite feel amazing yet but feel I am getting there :D

Mel,

Have not posted on your thread before but just wanted to say you look amazing. :)

Wendy x

Thanks for popping by Wendy and posting !:) It's so lovely to get the feedback

Hey Mel

You look fantastic on your new pic, well done you.

Not updating my diary till tomorrow, I'm abstaining from minimins until then! But just so u know, i'm back on track, day four of SS today... my willpower was tested yesterday as I was at Donington Race Circuit and the place was full food vans.. the smells were amazing, but I had a bottle of water!

Have kept away from minimins last week, because beginning of week I was cheating again and I get sick of hearing myself say i'm going to stick to it, so my plan is to limit this a bit, will update my diary tomorrow and then come on every now and then to update and comment on peoples diaries. Think you feel more of a failure when you keep writing about how many times you fail! Much better to just motivate yourself in times like that.

SHould have put the above in my diary I guess!!! Oops! Anyway well done and good luck with that last little 18lbs :D

Hey Mel

You look fantastic on your new pic, well done you.

Not updating my diary till tomorrow, I'm abstaining from minimins until then! But just so u know, i'm back on track, day four of SS today... my willpower was tested yesterday as I was at Donington Race Circuit and the place was full food vans.. the smells were amazing, but I had a bottle of water!

Have kept away from minimins last week, because beginning of week I was cheating again and I get sick of hearing myself say i'm going to stick to it, so my plan is to limit this a bit, will update my diary tomorrow and then come on every now and then to update and comment on peoples diaries. Think you feel more of a failure when you keep writing about how many times you fail! Much better to just motivate yourself in times like that.

SHould have put the above in my diary I guess!!! Oops! Anyway well done and good luck with that last little 18lbs :D

Yes its getting harder, I was just moaning on another thread !:) I got into a size 12 skirt today - white and floaty - only coz it has an elastic waist band but after size 26/28 I feel I am there ! And I am not !:sigh:

You have so little to do now that it must be blooming hard. Yes I guess keep writing in your diary must feel like you are reinforcing your failed SS attempts. Totally understand that. Hope you have success in motivating yourself ! You are so into your running and stuff that you deserve to be at your goal. Good Luck !

You & punkass have pretty well the same little bit to go.
I can fully understand how it gets harder at the end.You are in normal sized clothes,with almost normal BMI etc.
You will keep going I'm sure.
Personally I want to get into the centre of my Normal bmi so I have a bit of lea-way.Vicky says that your body gets used to it's new size after a while & putting on 1/2 stone thenmakes you feel uncomfortable.If I go into denial about the scales I'm hoping that this,plus tight clothes will trigger me into claw-back mode.If I do this from 11/2 stone over it's only a hop-skip & jump to overweight again.
Sorry rambling again-& not necessarily relevent to how you feel at all.
What I meant to say is well done on size 12 skirt.

You & punkass have pretty well the same little bit to go.
I can fully understand how it gets harder at the end.You are in normal sized clothes,with almost normal BMI etc.
You will keep going I'm sure.
Personally I want to get into the centre of my Normal bmi so I have a bit of lea-way.Vicky says that your body gets used to it's new size after a while & putting on 1/2 stone thenmakes you feel uncomfortable.If I go into denial about the scales I'm hoping that this,plus tight clothes will trigger me into claw-back mode.If I do this from 11/2 stone over it's only a hop-skip & jump to overweight again.
Sorry rambling again-& not necessarily relevent to how you feel at all.
What I meant to say is well done on size 12 skirt.

Thanks !:) As I say that is a bit of a cheat as it has an elastic waist band :D

Totally agree about the middle of the BMI range. I intend to still lose a bit when I reach this target. I will add a meal for 2 weeks, 790 for two weeks etc and hope to still lose bits.....I want to get mid-range too so I am not "just" under being overweight. Its just that I am so looking forward to food as I have not eaten since 19/9/06 !:eek:

Thanks for your comment on my thread Mel, all I can advise is when you get to goal, make strict maintenance guidelines.. that was always my intention on reaching goal.. I just fell off the wagon a stone and half shy of the goal .. until now of course.

I thought I would be scared to eat, but it is amazing how quickly you get back into the habit of eating what you want - mainly because you have been denied it for so long - it makes it worse!

My intentions on reaching goal were to set myself the odd treat days, but not pig out and the rest of the time to eat healthy home-cooked food.. may revise this slightly.. I intend to do the full maintenance thing first and get down another stone after my 10 1/2 stone target... but will see how I feel at 10 1/2 stone first.

You have done brilliantly and have been so in control, I think all you need to do is adapt that control into introducing food and you will be fine.

PS been to Rockingham Castle today on a date.. they also had nice tea-rooms with lovely food - my date ate.. I told him I was on a diet and instead had a coffee and watched him eat his cream tea!!! (Didn't even drool!) ;)

Its just that I am so looking forward to food as I have not eaten since 19/9/06 !:eek:

Put like that it makes your achievement even greater.
Haven't you had an AAM week/day/moment?
(did you have to have Drs permission for this?)
Have you not had a pick at any thing?
(eg I have always loved cauliflower stalk-ever since i was a small hild when mum & I used to share it.When ever i do cauli for the family I eat the stalk.No cals ,no carbs,no guilt. I don't even think of it as cheating-just my little nibble as i prepare supper)

I really take my hat off to you!

Back