Mels Diary (Uncovered)

Hi Mel,
I've been watching your struggle recently, but haven't had any advice to give you.
Your struggle has been within you.You have such a busy life, your wedding is planned, you know your hubby loves you however you are.
Remember you are doing this for you, not just for your wedding, but for your life, for your kids - so you can have energy and good health to enjoy your life with your family.
It's not all about the dress, although how you feel and look is of course important. I was a size 22 when I got married. I looked as good as I could and I felt great on the day, but I know it would have been a bonus if I'd been a few sizes smaller.
I know when I struggle it's usually because I've let myself slip down my own priority group again. Everything and everyone, plans ,arrangements, organising things, juggling home, work, family etc, etc seems to take over.
I think Gingette is right and you've picked up on it - build in some "me" time for those hardest times, evenings when hubby is on night shift. Plan ahead and keep busy or go to sleep!
Our LLC often quotes - "If you fail to plan -you plan to fail"
I know you are a strong lady Mel. If you want to do it - you will xx:)

Thanks SB. I know I'm a pain in the arse!! I'm my own worst enemy - and do struggle to overcome the issues I have food.

Today I have stuck to plan, I went for a walk, I have spread out my packs and have discovered cinnamon. I put it in my porridge this morning and again in my vanilla shake this evening. It was yummy in both (but may have put too much in my shake lol)

One pack left and only a few hours to go

Good for you girl xx

OMG why do I do this to myself lol. Work, mrs, wedding and study is obviously not enough stress for me..... I have decided we r moving

It has been a hectic week. We live in a 2 bed maisonette with my nephew living on a fold out bed in the living room (looooong story). We were walking down the local high street and a man bumped into one of the children. My sister asked him to be a little more careful as she was only little ( she was very polite) and be threatened to 'cut her up' and said he was going to ' cu*t her' and was shouting and then started towards us. We very quickly walked away, but I'd decided enough is enough and we r moving.

So in the space of a week I saw my mgt advisor and got a preliminary mgt, Ive seen 4 estate agents to value my house and we r now full flow into de- cluster, boxing up and storing, painting ect.

Haven't had much time for the diary, in fact, I don't even know where the lap top is lol.

Aw thats awful, I cant imagine being in that situation, it must have been so scary! I live in a perfect world (in my head) where things like that just dont happen, if only that place existed.

You are having one heck of a year, but you are strong and CAN deal with it all. This is going to be a GOOD year for you.

I am not sure what your family dynamics are but genereally the woman is the one that bares the brunt of it all, so remember to have some ME time, or YOu time in this instance. xxx

I was wondering where you were. Hope you liked the house you went to see on sat!
Exciting!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using MiniMins

My house is a state!!! But I'm chucking stuff left right and centre! I figure, if I can pack it into storage for 6 months, then I don't need it. Lol. I have boxes of photos and sentimental stuff, but everything else is going. Hubby thinks it might just be a cunning plan to get the house decorated and new carpet. To be fair, once I've chucked everything we probably won't need to move lol

The good thing about the madness is that it's keeping me busy. (hands on busy). So I'm not thinking about food. It's been much easier sticking to plan whilst I've been boxing up and shifting stuff.

My girls arn't gonna be happy though, their room is next, and tonight they will probably have half the toys they had this morning.

I'm being ruthless lol

Another successful day! 100% abstinent - I gave chuck 5 bug boxes of toys and packed up another 2 into storage. It's amazing how much crap you can accumulate.

I'm getting very excited about the house move, it has given me the buzz I needed (and the destraction).

Although, been up since 4.30pm. (hubby is on nights, And comes in wanting to talk!! Mmmm can we not do this in a few hours!

Heres to another good day tomorrow

Good for you Mel. lovely to hear you sounding positive xx

Its quite refreshing when you do a deep dive into a clearout, well done Mel it also takes some determination. Just think of all thse inches you will be losing!

Pleased you sound like you are in a good place in yourself, hang onto that feeling hunny xx

yet another successful day! (im getting good at this lol)

i have pretty much de-cluttered my house now....im going to have to start on hubbies jobs of painting and glossing to keep myself busy.

im giving myself chores to finish everyday, and makin them quite tough so i cant slack off.

the only thing is im not sleeping. i keep wacking up every morning at about 4.30 and not being able to get back to sleep again. its started to really get on my nerves. so i am now typing from bed and making my 5 yr old make her own sandwich cos im so tired i cant be bothered to move. (im such a bad mother ,lol).

im feeling okay, im not really hungry, i havent felt sick and only had 1 headache. hopefully im in ketosis now (ive just completed day 4)

im going house hunting on rightmove, then im going to sleep

Hey Mel ncie to have u back! glad things are going well for you now and have fun house hunting xx

8 weeks until my wedding in Antigua and mum has told my stepdad she doesnt feel the same anymore (they have been together 28 yrs) and he has hit the roof and said he's not coming.

My brother who lives in france with his girlfriend offended my stepdad whilst away a few weeks ago and so he slagged his girlfriend off on facebook (very childish I know.) and now they never want to speak to him again. My wedding is gonna be a barrel of laughs :-(

Oh dear Hun. It's true what they say 'you can pick your friends, you can't choose your family' Don't let this spoil your big day. I'm sure they'll all come around. Fingers crossed hey? Hope u have a fab time. U be looking fab in your wedding dress hunni. :-D xxx

I'm in shock. My dad is moving out. He is only coming for a week to give me away.

I feel like a child again.

Aww. I'm so sorry for u hun. Must be terrible at the mo. Hope things work out. :-( xxx

Keep smiling beautiful xx

On the bright side. I have completed day 5. Could have easily used today as an excuse not to stick to plan, but I didn't.

My mum has just left and I had a long chat with her, won't bore u with the details, but she is feeling better about things, and all I can do is be there for both of them when they need me.

I'm still riding high on the house moving thing. Must have burned loads of calories today, scrubbing windows and cleaning my newly de-cluttered house. All the extra boxes will be going into storage tomorrow (which I can't believe the price of by the way!!) and sonwe can then shift furniture about to re-paint and carpet the rooms. Hubby seems to think the house will be on Market in 2 weeks, I think closer to 3.

Id best go and have a double pack, I've only had 2 today then I'm going to get some well deserved sleep!! Night all!

I'm up nice and early, getting ready for yet another dump run. I'm going to weigh in this morning. I never went to my meeting last week as I had plenty of packs, but I have no bars, I'm now desperate. I think my llc is going to be shocked, cos when I usually disappear I come back with a gain, but this time should be 2 weeks loses.

I only have 2 weeks to my first alterations fitting, I would love for the dress to be fitting properly by then, just waiting for these inches to drop off my hips!

Here's to another productive day! Day 6 of 100% and the start of painting in my house.

LETS GO!!!

Well done lovely your doing so well and good luck in weigh in, im sure everyone who cares for you will pull together for you on your wedding day too, and yea worry about what you can change and leave what you cant for those who can, xx have fun at the dump lol

Back