Mels Diary (Uncovered)

It's not about the size label in the clothes, it's about how much you have lost and how you feel. I think you have done fantastically well.

When I got married a long time ago I had a lovely size 12 dress, no where near as beautiful as yours, we were so young and had no money. Anyway years later we renewed our vows on a cruise and I squeezed and I mean squeezed into another lovely dress, but this time size 16. I didn't feel any different on my wedding day or my renewal day becuase I felt a million dollars inside on both. Your dress is stunning and I really dont think you will look or feel any different whether it is a 12 or a 20, you will look like a beautiful princess!!

If you are really not feeling it at the moment you still have a way to to get to June, stay strong and focus! I will still be around here in June as I have a lot to lose so look forward to seeing you in your beautiful dress my lovely!! x

Hope you dont mind me asking, but where are you going to get married?

Now go party in your new clothes and have fun x

my sister got married in july last year and as she was 7mnths pregnant she had her final alterations just 5days before the wedding! speak to them to find out the very latest they could do your alterations then at least you know exactly what youve got to work with. i do think that any bride looks beautiful on their wedding day as will you. it is your day and i totally understand that you wana feel the best you can. xx

I was quite tiny, size 10 when I got married and I lost 7lbs during the week before my wedding due to stress, a stomach bug and running around. I had to have quite a lot of alteration on my dress which she did the day before my wedding! Dressmakers know how to deal with weight loss and gain so I'm sure she'll be able to advise you!

Thanks for the advise. That makes me feel better!!

I went out last night, and I felt good! Yay! I got dressed, I think just putting some heels on changed my 'frumpy feeling'. (my 21 year old nephew said I looked good, which is high praise indeed lol) and me and hubby had a really fun night.

We started off at hubbies aunts suprise 50th karaoke party which was so bad it was funny, and then we went to our old local and stayed there until about 1am. It was a funny evening terrorising all the drunk people and we bumped into a few old friends that we hadn't seen for years (from our pre kids era). I have never been one to drink so that doesn't bother me, it was nice to straighten my hair and get out of the house without the kids.

Hubby is cooking a lamb roast today, and to continue with my boost I'm going to pop in this morning and see how I've done. My meeting is tomorrow, but I think I just need a few words of wisdom to keep me strong. In fact, I may even go swimming or something whilst he is serving up and eating dinner!

Anyway, I shouldn't be so positive at this silly hour on a Sunday morning on 4 hours sleep, but I suppose it's amazing what a decent night out can do for your mental health lol

So true Mel

Just makes you feel on top of the world, which is why I am reccommending nights out for us all more often!!

J
xx

Awwwwwww good for you hun!
Feeling good on a night out is a great feeling :)
In fact we're just trying to organise one on here so do join us on a new thread and let's try and make it happen :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I lost 4.5lb yay!

Fab Melarnz - closer to that goal and a step smaller for that stunning dress x

God - this is hard work!!

With redundancy hanging over my head (I'm definately going, we just don't know when yet), and work being crap, all I want to do is stuff my face!!

I know it sounds drastic, but I can see how bulimics get into the cycle of being sick. I was sick last week and bought up everything I ate, I lost loads this week!! It's starting to look like a good option.

I have less than 4 months until I get married and have still got loads to do. I also have a degree course to finish. I actually don't know when I am going to fit it in.

Why is it that I think food is going to make me feel better. It clearly won't, I'm already sad about being fat, how will eating more and getting fatter make me better.

I need to stay positive. I am going street dancing tomorrow night, I am getting my bonus this month which will pay for the rest of the stuff I need for the wedding. I have a week off work beginning of next month so I should be able to catch up on my wedding and uni stuff.

Keep smiling!!

Hi Mel, good for you with the positive attitude. You will get everything you need done.

Every little step helps on your journey.

I am feeling STIFF!! I went to a street dance group last night. I felt a bit self conscious at first (being fat and old) but I loved it.

I thought it was going to be full of young skinny girls, but it wasn't. It was people like me who like dancing. Although I was the biggest, I wasn't the oldest and to be honest, I was so busy trying to remember the routine that I wasn't looking at anyone else, so I'm guessing they weren't looking at me either.

It was great fun!! I'm definately going back again, it's good excercise (very fast moves) and the gals were lovely.

I'm also going skiing Sunday too. My parents ski and have got my 5 yr old into it. She is very good and goes to a snow dome for lessons. Hubby and I decided we would also give it a go. So we have a ski taster session on Sunday. That's more excercise.

I was also reminded of my new years resolution, to be able to do a head stand by Xmas. I tried to do one new years (lol very funny) and did not quite manage it. Best get practising!!

I'm starving today!! My stomach is rumbling like a good'n.

I am on my way my ski lesson, I'm freezing already!! Maybe not the best idea to go skiing when u r already freezing. I'm going to have a bar before I go on which should help. I wonder how many times I'm gonna fall over.

God luck with your skiing lesson, I went to Italy quite a few years ago skiing. I hated it, at what point did I think silver salopettes and jacket wouldnt make me look like a big fat snowwoman on the slopes. Spent more time on my a** than on my ski's lol. Never ever again, not even slim, give me a hot tropical beach with a cold drink anyday lol. My children on the other hand were wizzing around all over the place and loved it.

Let us know how you get on x

I did okay!! Tbh I have done it before about 10 yrs and 10 stone ago. It came back to me quite quickly. I do prefer a cheap hot holiday to an expensive cold one. Mind you, the night life was wicked!! No having to get all dressed up!

Mel, good for you on all the exercise!! You are doing so well.

That's it, I have to stop weighing at home!! I got a mood on because I thought I'd only lost 1lb ( on my scales from last week) but I went to weigh in and lost 3lb.

I had an another emotional 'episode' infront of my hubby a couple of nights ago. Since putting on weight, I have completey lost my libido and am aware that i must be coming across as very cold in this area. I have forced myself to do 'it' for quite a while now and have never told hubby how I felt. We r very affectionate in all other ways (hugs, pats and kisses ect in passing or sitting on the sofa). Anyway I told how disgusted i felt with myself and how this does not make me feel sexy. I also told him how glutenous I felt about how much weight I put on since losing the 1st lot, and how down this was making me feel.

I am also organising my wedding, i am going to try my dress on Saturday and am scared it won't fit. I'm also struggling to fit in my job and studying for my degree!!

Anyway, he suggested that we get his nephew to look after the girls for half hour each night and we go out for a jog/walk every night. The endorphins will help my frame of mind, excercise is always a benefit and it's something we can do together.

So this is the new plan. To spend half hour just clearing out the cobwebs and doing some excercise every day.

I'm feeling a little more positive today. I just need tomsort out the sleep issues now lol

Firstly I dont weigh myself at home for exactly the reson you mentioned, get rid of the scales put them in a cupboard out of site!

Your OH sounds lovely, a real support, thats a good idea about spending time together going for a stroll etc, gives you time to chat and also get a little exercise in at the same time.

You have to stop worrying about your dress not fitting, think about how stunning you will look in it.

You have lost a huge amount of weight so far, keep with it xx

Mel, that sounds like a great idea that you hubby has had. Enjoy YOUR time.

Back