Mels Final Push

I had a chat with hubby over the weekend, and told him I was down with things the way they were at the moment. With my work, study, house and kids, I don't ever get to ho out of the house.

He said if I wanted to, he would pay for me to join the new gym and pool that's opened in my area. I thought about it, and hopefully will go and have a look around after weigh in tonight. Maybe getting out and doing some toneing excerise and swimming will help bring my happy hormones back.

You r right about my sis SB. The day before I had my blowout she was trying to convince me to eat. She has also fallen off the LL wagon. She was having a bad day too so we just did it together.

The thing is, when I look back, I know that i am already feeling bad when i want to eat, however, I still make that worse by actually eating. I can't understand why I knowingly do it!!

I sound like a mad woman!!

I went to group tonight, I have lost 4lb. Amazing considering the week I have had. After my weigh in I went to the new gym in our area and had a look round. It has a great pool, good classes and a lovely gym. With my student discount, a swim off peak ( including weekends) is 70p!! It's cheaper for me to pay as I go.

I have a tough week coming up this week. Hubby is away from we'd afternoon until Monday morning. I know this is my difficult time. I will be okay during the week, but it will be the weekend. So I think I'm going to plan some activities so we have things to do. Maybe catch up on some visits.

I'm taking it 1 day at a time and am grateful of my loss this week.

Thanks jez x

I am fighting with my head! So i thought it would be safer to come and write my thoughts down.

My 2 girls are in bed, i have just finished an assignement and am on day 2 of re- re- re....starting.

I am saying to myself, when hubby get into the bath, i can have a slice of peanut butter on bread.

Why do i want this!! I dont know is the answer. I have visulised myself in my new dress. I have thought about the money spent on said dress and as it is a size too small, what a wast of money it will be if i cant fit in it for the wedding!! i have also bought some gok wan undies and a new bra....so what a waste of pennies.

its not going to help me in any way, it wont taste like the heaven i imagine it will taste like (it never does), so i am going to get a boullion and go and watch americas next top model!

Distract yourself :) or go watch supersize superskinny on the catch up on chan 4!! gives you plenty of reasons to stay on track. Peanut butter does not taste as good as you are going to feel wearing that dress honey!!

Jez
xx

Wise words Jez.
Mel, I hope you didn't do it with the peanut butter.
I used to have a weakness for it too. I threw it away and won't have it in the house now - too tempting.

Come on Mel we can do this!!! :) :)
I have been watching my brother wedding video where I was at my biggest and I do not want to go back there! Right time for some more water ;)

Hey girls. No, I did not succumb to the peanut butter. I wish I could throw it out, but my 4 yr old would starve as it's all she eats lol

my dress came today. I can't wait to try it on. I may take a pic if I can sqeeze into it. I bought a smaller pair of gok wan pants and a new bra tobwear with it yesterday, so I will look great, but I won't be able to breath.

I finished another assignment yesterday too, so that I another thing off my mind. I'm feeling really posititive. Go go go!!!!

Let's have a big loss Monday preeti!!!

The dress came....it is awful!! It is really flimsy cotton. The print is not as vivid as the picture and it fits on the waste but is way too small on the bust.

I don't mind spending money on a dress, but I won't waste it! It certai ly is not worth the cost.

I'm really disappointed, but have come up with plan b.

I'm going to get a personal shopper in debenams the week before the wedding to help me out. I'm now really looking forward to it!!

Yay Mel and Preeti, you go girls!! Mel yay for the personal shopping too, I am dying to know how it goes... take pics!!! You are going to feel like a princess!!

Jez
xx

Im feeling low this morning. I had such a high day yesterday, i was buzzing!! I cant get a grip on why my emotions seem to be all over the place. My wanting to eat is definately related to this!

Im starting to wonder if there is something wrong with me!!

I think I may look into getting some proper help, because being all over the place cant be healthy.

Had a really long day at work, Am really tired and am going to bed. But before I do, I thought I would share my new mantra.

I was feeling pretty crappy yesterday, and hubby was away. He text asking how I was ...and I told him lol. Anyway, he text back 'remember your goals'. I don't know why, but something in this made me think and visulise why I started the diet in the 1st place. So I went to work and typed it up in very large letters on a piece of a4 paper. I have stuck one to my desk, and one to my kitchen cupboards. This has kept me much more positive, and more importantly, on the wagon.

Everytime I start thinking about food, I think remember your goals!! And it seems to give me that little extra resolve !!!

Brilliant Mel

Sometimes we just find that little something that "triggers" us into our positive mental state. Sounds like you just found yours :)

Jez
xx

MELS BACK!!!

My new mantra is working wonders - I have had my hair cut - i have booked my personal shopper in Debenhams for the end of the month - i have a gok wan, and trinny and suzanna book to take fashion tips from - i have bought a bundle of clothes from ebay (over 40 pieces) of which i have sworn I will wear all of which a least once to try and change my bland wardrobe and try new styles.

Im doing good - and i have am evening of strawberry mousse, peanut bar and CSI followed by an early night.

Much love to everyone xxx

Excellent Mel,
Remember your goals.
I'm glad it worked.
The key seems to be making even a little time to focus on YOU rather than being at the bottom of the list.
I think you may be a bit hard on yourself.
I notice on your list of weight loss goals quite a few say - no reward.
I hink you need a reward at every stage. It helps spur you on.So I am glad you have booked your personal shopper session, bought your new clothes etc.
Congratulations on sticking with it and getting back on track.
Mels' final push.

Hi SL

thanks for that post xxxx

I have decided I need inventive ways to stay on track. Yesterday I made pizzas with the kids (one of my favourites). So when it was time to eat them, I got my sis in law over to babysit me until they had finished and all the leftovers were in the bin lol.

I am now planning ways out of my trigger points instead of putting
myself into situations where I have to be ultra strong.

I am also saving my packs to the end of the day so that I have something to 'binge' on. I know it's not ideal, but at the moment I have to do everything I can to get through each day!

Mel Darling

You are soooo in your adult state of mind!! Congratulations girl, anything you can do to make it work really helps!! I used to save packs for the evening, made it a bit more sociable and you know even if you have all 4 packs in a night it is only 500cal which is still the same size if not less than one average meal, so do what needs doing. I know you WILL DO THIS. And we will all be there to celebrate with you when you hit goal!!

Jez
xx

Yep, I did that toobecause evening is my "picky" time. I know BL used to always have all her packs in the evening when she was on abstinence.
Whatever works for you. xxx

Back