Mels Final Push

Thanks Jez - You and SL are being absolute rocks right now!!

I had weigh in tonight and lost 4lb. Getting ever so much closer to where I was at my lightest.

I want to share something that happened this week that I find quite weird. I realised that my before photos were no longer an incentive for me, as I dont look like that anymore.

So I got a big mirror and took a full length photo of myself. I looked at it and thought 'that must be a good picture, cos I actually look alright in it'. So I went and got a smaller top which shows all my lumps and bumps and had a photo taken in that instead. The weird thing is, that when I look at myself in the mirror, I dont see what the first photo showed me. I had to go and ask my sister if thats what she sees when she looks at me, or was it a good picture. She said that is what I look like. I always thought, I could see if i looked fat or not, and didnt think i had a problem with my head catching up with my body....but i obviously do....weirdarama!!!

Lol, Mel the head takes forever to catch up with the body. I am still waiting for it to happen. I actually had a good old chat about it in group this week, as I look at myself and although I "know" I fit into size 8's and realistically am a think person I just cannot see it! I look at myself and all I see is fat. When I initially got to goal I could see the thinness but now that has all gone. My LLC did suggest that we use a trick he does. Get some large sheets of paper usually from a flipchart, and tape them together. Draw on them what you think you are/look like size wise. Then get your husband/friend/bf/partner/whoever to make you lie on it and actually draw around you so you can see your actual size. The results are always pretty damn shocking!!!! We all see ourselves as a lot bigger than we are (usually about 2 sizes according to gok)

Jez
xx

How are things Mel?
I think I can take a leaf from your book - getting someone over when the girls were eating the pizza was a good idea. I am permitting myself far too much I think, I might need to have a word with hubbie about helping keep me on the straight and narrow. I would have had a great big try of that pizza now - although before when on abstinence I could easily have resisted - go figure!

I hope you are still in a good place mentally - I noticed you had a bit of a blip and were feeling a bit rotten when I was in the middle of my mental busy week or so. Sorry I wan't here for you then, really impressed with how you have pulled yourself up and stayed on track - as I say, I think I could learn some stuff from you.

Keep up the good work darlin'
Hugs
xxxxxxx

Back