member with different name

Every 6/7 months, i usually can control it but the arguement with hubby was really bad & i just couldn't stop myself. Unfortunately i downed half a bottle of after shock in one go 7 as i'm a light weight hardly ever drink it went to my head & befor i knew it i was cutting.

i have sufferedwith depression for over 20 years & have been so proud of myself for being of meds for almost a year then i get myself in this state. the problem is when i get this low it takes days sometimes weeks to get out of it, i still try to go to work & pretend nothing is wrong but when i get home.....that's when i suffer coz i have bottled it up for hours! ( i've always been a person that doesn't believe in bring your problems to work) hubby is very good with me but tonight it just got out of hand!....xxxx

I think maybe you should go into him hun, and if he's awake then tell him how you are feeling. Maybe don't mention 'the email' until tomorrow, when you are feeling less stressed. ANd then tomorrow I would talk to your husband about the prospect of talking to your doctor about your situation. And then make the appointment. It must be very scary for you thinking about your past and what has happend to you, so only you can decide on whether to TALK to a councillor or not. I do hope that you are feeling better after coming on here hun.

He's probably lying in bed feeling lost and scared too............

put the kettle on....... ask him for a hug and a chat..........

When you next see your GP, try to give him the full details - If you only give half the story, then you'll only get half the treatment. Just imagine if you had a broken leg and played it down ... it wouldn't be put in plaster and would never heal right!

Hope you're feeling a little calmer now you've had the chance to chat a bit on here. Sending you all my very best 'calm vibes' so you can at least get a little restful sleep. xx

this is why i love minimins so much, the people on here are so lovely & supportive & don't judge you. thank you for your lovely kind words!

hubby is asleep i think 7 i don't really want to wake him as he has to be up early for work!....

Maybe i will see my GP but to be honest even he dosn't know how bad it gets i've always kept alot for him coz i don't want him thinking i'm aheadcase. i know tha's madness to think that way but unfortunately i do!...xxx

Your doctor is usually the first point of call when you need help with problems such as this...you won't be the first patient who will have suffered in the way that you have, and he will lead you in the right direction for councilling if you decide to go ahead with it. You'll be surprised at how relieved you will feel after opening up to him.

I wish you so much luck for tomorrow darlin. If you usually give the SILENT TREATMENT after an argument ( I am a bugger for this at times) then please don't do this tomorrow, make it up with your husband before he goes to work in the morning, that will make you feel a bit better. Make the appt. to see your GP and take it from there. Please keep us posted with how you are feeling and how things are going.

I'm affraid I'll have to sign out soon so I'll say goodnight to you and the rest of the posters on this thread..I truely hope that we have all helped you Levi, I wish I had a magic wand darlin...I really do. I would be your fairy godmother sweetie xxx

try your best to forget about tonight...try to get some sleep and don't forget how much we are all here for you and how much we want you to get some help.

best wishes to you and lots of hugs too :hug99:

I know you're right infact everyone is right. Thank goodness for minimins hey! It has certainly helped me to claim down, i'm gonna pop up stair & see if he's awake?? Maybe we should have a chat? iwas gonna sleep down here but maybe that's not a good idea as he'll be going to work early & when he get's hme i'll be off to work, that won't give us any time to talk 7 thing might get worse. we had an amazing married 7 i don't want this blip to fu*k things up!!...xxx

good for you hun...you go for it...wishing you luck...thinking of you xxx

I know you're right infact everyone is right. Thank goodness for minimins hey! It has certainly helped me to claim down, i'm gonna pop up stair & see if he's awake?? Maybe we should have a chat? iwas gonna sleep down here but maybe that's not a good idea as he'll be going to work early & when he get's hme i'll be off to work, that won't give us any time to talk 7 thing might get worse. we had an amazing married 7 i don't want this blip to fu*k things up!!...xxx

It's amazing how just talking with people can help you direct your own thoughts and enable you to come up with a well thought out and calm route.

Hope all goes well - keep us posted xx

go wake him up hun......for better or worse remember !!!!!!!
luv nat x

Night Levi

Hope everything works out and that you get some rest soon. Sleep well friend xx

Hey, sweetie - I really hope you're feeling loads better this morning and can maybe find the strength to pay your GP a visit. Bless you - I know that I've been as desperate as you were last night and just wanted to send you huge ((((HUGS))))!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Levi, I hope you managed to wake up your hubby last night and have a good talk.

I'm not around much over the next few days (back at work :rolleyes:) but I'll be thinking of you all the time and hope that you can get an appointment to see your GP asap.

In the meantime, please let us know how you're feeling, we're all here for you and want to help you as much as we possibly can.

Hopefully you can talk things through with your hubby and GP too:)

Sending you lots of positive hugs (even though I KNOW you're bound to get loads from other Miniminers - we can never have too many can we? :))

Take care hun,

xxxx

(((HUGS))) Levi - no-one will judge you on here, we only want to support you.

I'm glad you have contacted your Dr - have you made an appointment for when he gets back from his holiday?? Hopefully he will be able to help you and put you in touch with the support networks you need.

Sorry you are in physical pain - but glad your husband is going to talk to you. Communication is vital for him to know how you feel and so he can support you too.

Hope you realise there are lots of people on here who want to make sure you are ok. If you need to come online and it helps - then feel free to do so. Take care xxxxx

hi hun, sorry you are feeling so down at the moment. My Husband is a self harmer, if you need to talk i am here, feel free to send me a message and i can give you my email. I hope that the blood letting calmed things down again for you and the urge to do it again has subsided a bit.

By the way, the counsellor my H had was useless and made things worse for him too (so dont think you are a failure because of it)
huge hugs
sil x

Hi there

Just thought i'd pop in for a quick update!

Hubby was asleep when i went of line & i didn't want to wake him so i wrote him a brief letter of how i was feeling & put it beside him for when i woke up. He gave me a kiss before going to work & said we'll talk when he gets home! Still feeling quite low but much better than last night, phoned doc's but my own GP is on Hols until the Tuesday after bank holiday, i won't see another GP so i'll have to wait until then!

In alot of physical pain today but stupidly that's my own fault!!!

It helped so much that i could come on line & speak to you guys last night as i know none of you would judge me! To be honest i don't like hiding behind a different name but there are people on here that know me personally!!

once again for all your amazing support!

Love to you all....xxx

Hi Levi :)

I just wanted to add my love and support at the moment. I'm so glad that you felt able to come on here and post about how you were feeling. I always say that sometimes just banging it all out on the keyboard is massive therapy and can really help.

I'm so glad to read that you have made a GP appointment and you will certainly not be seen as a "headcase" hun!! Believe me, self harming is much more common than a lot of people would believe and people DO recover from it. I'm sure that with the right type of support you will not feel you need to do this in the future to get the release.

Lots of love,

Lacey xx :)

Back