Menopause ???

Ladies who have the Ladycare, did you notice improvement straight away or was it over time ? got mine yesterday and havent noticed any change yet and wondered if I was being too eager ?

My sage tabs have come today :) flushes have not been as bad over the last day or so, so hopefully will see them reduce further

On no, I hate stuffing lol

I'm almost 45 and am peri-menopausal. I don't get night sweats but I used to get a lot of hot flushes during the day and had terrible mood swings. And I used to cry all day sometimes for no apparent reason plus my periods were all over the place. I was also losing a lot of my hair (due to a lack of oestrogen) and loads of other symptoms which just made me a generally unhappy person :( The thing that's worked for me is taking a variety of supplements every day. I take a high dose multivitamin/mineral (including plenty of B vitamins) , an Omega 3-6-9 and PM Phytogen Complex (all from Solgar PM PhytoGen Complex 60 - Speciality Supplements - Solgar Speciality Supplements - Solgar ) ...the Phytogen product really is a miracle worker and it does what it says on the bottle ! :D

I feel so much better since taking the supplements and my hair loss has reduced by about 50% too which was what worried me the most ! LOL

xx

I am still trying to determine what's menopause symptoms and what's just daily life crap! I have been on the verge of tears a few days, but life's throwing a bit of a curve ball for me at the moment, so would possibly feel this way without the menopause, can naturally be a bit moody and always had bad mood swings before my period. The Phytogen sounds really good, and should I have your symptoms will be buying it. Bit worried about hair loss, already have very fine hair so losing it would be quite an issue for me.

All these tips are really helpful x

i know what you mean Kron ;) i wasn't sure whether my symptoms were due to the peri-menopause or if i was just reacting to everyday stress but after seeing my gynocologist (and a urologist) about the various symptoms, they both confirmed that's it's a hormonal thing and something i'll just have to get used to (typical, coming from a man ! lol )

i think it's just a matter of trying out different things and maybe making a few lifestyle changes to find out what helps you :)

xx

I'm not sure whether I'm beginning to go through it yet, I'm 45 had a hysterectomy at 40 but kept my ovaries so no periods to moniter(mum had one at 40 as well so no help from her).

Have not worn a nightie at night yet as I'm too hot and sleep with the window open, but not sweating.

Getting stroppy with the students at college as they just don't listen and I feel I have to treat them as 5 year olds (they're 16-18), but that could just be them.

Don't know whether they are symptoms of the menopause or just my thyriod playing up?

Getting stroppy with the students at college as they just don't listen and I feel I have to treat them as 5 year olds (they're 16-18), but that could just be them.

i would say that's a normal reaction hun ;) teenies can drive you nuts at the best of times ! lol

if you're worried about your thyroid why not get it checked out at the docs? it's a simple enough test and most doctors are happy to do one :) according to my doc something like 2 out of 4 people over 40 often have some kind of thyroid problem (usually underactive)..it's worth asking i suppose .

xx

I have had a chat with hubby to explain menopause (his face was a pictue!)which should help with any issues at home, which has been a concern of mine recently, so hoping that will help him cope and understand my stress/moods/expectations/libido/fatigue/etc at home .... He's just legged it down the pub lol
Work is hell! But I love working in a high pressure, demanding environment and not sure if it's just getting more crazy, or my ability to cope is being hampered.
Day 2 of taking sage for flushes and coping properties, will be seeing how I go for the next couple of weeks to pinpoint symptoms so can look at what could help.

Cyberjelly most flushes last for up to 3 mins I believe, so doesn't sound like night sweats, but the dry hot flush is like that feeling from my experience. I think I have been going through this for a few months, but it's only as the flushes have intensified quite dramatically did I even think there was anything going on!

At least I know my diet is healthy and I exercise so part way helping combat symptoms on yet another roller coaster ride of life - it's a good job men don't have to go through it ;)

well went to the docs this morning and she has decided that i am not going through the menopause because im not getting hot flushes just been told to lose weight and exercise. so basically i am just a miserable moody cow:D

well went to the docs this morning and she has decided that i am not going through the menopause because im not getting hot flushes just been told to lose weight and exercise. so basically i am just a miserable moody cow:D

:bighug: no you are not. you are quite likely like me perimenopausal which is the lead up to it so you have some symptoms but not all yet :bighug:

I still find the Ladycare brilliant and won't be without it. Only had it about 3-4 week :D

:bighug: no you are not. you are quite likely like me perimenopausal which is the lead up to it so you have some symptoms but not all yet :bighug:

I still find the Ladycare brilliant and won't be without it. Only had it about 3-4 week :D

will have to have a look at what this ladycare thing is
thanks

Metrognome boo your dr! There's loads of symptoms including yours and I think it doesn't sound like your dr gave you any help, not good! I think one of the things that keeps popping up is lifestyle, not being in a rut and taking steps to look after yourself. I have had a think, and have hopefully put things in place to start being in control, won't happen probably lol but is focusing me. I have lost the weight, gained fitness and this menopause stuff is not going to undo the work I put in and the benefits I have now :) still looking forward to being a moody cow once in a while, I do it so well ;)

Day 3 taking sage, and flushes are not noticeable! I have slept well and nothing to report today, so keeping it up to see. Work was ok, possibly just coincidence, but altho extremely busy, I didn't feel like I crashed and burned lol I am actually looking forward to going in the morning ..... Instead of dreading it and wanting to hide in bed instead!

Just thought I would update and say that am still taking sage and flushes are near enough gone, have felt warm occassionly, but whether that was down to meno or the office was warm is debatable

Do have a question, is it normal to get a heavy spotting? I had one on Friday then another on Sunday with nothing since or in-between. I didn't get my normal bloated and eat everything in sight feeling like I did before my period, altho diet has been quite off plan since the weekend and want chocolate!

Back