Menu help

poppyuk

Hi this is my menu plan for today, is this ok for the rosemary conely diet?

Breakfast = small glass smoothie (banana, mango & orange juice) (100 cals) - bran flakes with skimmed milk & tsp demerera (250 cals)

Lunch = butternut squash soup with one thick slice wholegrain farmhouse bread with a little x light flora (300 cals) & a alpro soya dessert choc flavour (110)

Dinner = rosemary conley cottage pie with leek & mash top (no cheese) with broccolli (400 cals) & fat free lemon sponge & low fat custard (150 cals)

Snacks = grapes (50) 2 cups tea (40 cals)

Total = 1400

Hi.poppy ,&welcome,im anewbie2, its only my 3rd dayso just getting my head around rc it looks gud to me only thing Iwould say that you havent drank much is it just the 2 cups of t ?

2 cups of tea and 1 glass of water ( i really need to up my intake of waterdont i), thanks for pointing that out dan, my new challenge drink more water :)

Hi sarah, about 2 weeks, been dieting for about 2 months but went up and down alot, so have been healthy eating and calorie counting, brought a rosemary conely book about 2 weeks ago and it seemed very similar to what i was already doing, i'm trying to follow her way of low fat cooking, in the last 2 weeks i've lost 5 lb, so seems to be working :) also upped my excercise with ae sports active (30 day challenge) and brought a trampoline.

Well done on ur weight loss.

Your 1400 cals seems fine. RC diet is 200 cals for your daily milk which u includes that used in cereal and tea or coffee, 200 for breakfast, a 50 cal power snack, 300 cal for lunch, 50 cal power snack, 400 cal for dinner with 100 dessert or alcohol and 100 cals for a treat which is over the 5% fat rule. If you dont want the dessert or alcohol you can add this to your meals so it seems like you are in effect doing that so you are doing well.

Hi Poppy, looks good so far. If you can have the fruit as fruit and not in a smoothie for brekkie, it would be better for you on the fibre front as it gives your tummy something to work on, but other than that drink plenty and carry on. Congratulations on your weight loss.:D

Back