Total Solution Mere's Diary

Morning Mere, how is your day going hun?
I am having a lovely day here in Fife although the rain looks set to be on for the day. Spent the morning cooking and glugging down water. Fridge is now full of meals for hubby and grandsons that just need to be popped in the oven.
Hope you are having a good day.
Mere x

I have been drinking water all day, about 4 litres. I have just about walked bare patches in the carpet between going to the kitchen for water and the toilet to get rid of it.
I ordered Ketostix on Amazon because I couldn't get them in the local chemist. They were supposed to be delivered on Monday but just got an email saying they will be delivered between the 12th and 16th. Golly I had better be in ketosis by that time. Still a bit hungry today but less so than yesterday. Ketosis, ketosis where art thou?
Mere x

Haa it will come in no time Mere- deffo before your delivery! I know what you mean about the holes in the carpet! My stairs must be thread bare by now! :p

I hope Ketosis kicks in for you real soon! Do you feel hungry? xx

Hi Minnie
I do feel hungry but not as bad as yesterday so I hope I am getting near ketosis again. After gaining a pound last week I am determined to be 100% for the next 3 weeks. Then I am off again for a shortbreak to Skye. I am telling myself that a pound gain was not too bad for a 5 day holiday so maybe a 3 day holiday will not mean a gain!
Mere x
PS I was trying to access your blog entry but they keep telling me I do not have enough posts!

For 5 days off plan, a lb is nothing. Did you still eat healthily? You'll get that off in no time and you are so determined you'll no doubt stick to TS 100%.

I can't access blogs either- even though I have loads of posts!! xx

I ate as healthy as possible but since I was staying with my sister and she was making the meals it was difficult. My sister is a rather large lady and eats accordingly. I refused all the wine, nuts and crisps or I dread to think how much weight I would have put on!
I will have a bit more control when I go to Skye as I will be staying in an hotel with reasonable choices, I hope.
Mere x

Went to bed early last night with a headache which I put down to getting into ketosis slowly.
This morning I feel rotten , sick and headachy again. I have drunk two large glasses of water while reading posts but even the smell of hubby's toast is turning my stomach so can't face a shake or bar.
I will try having a cup of ginger tea which should help the stomach. I just hope this is to do with ketosis and that I am not coming down with something. I am never ill and on the rare occassion I have been I am not a good patient !
Will update latter.
Mere x

Awww get well soon hun.

Hope you feel better as the day goes on Mere, and hopefully it is ketosis and not a bug! xx

Thanks Harry, Jael and ED
I am feeling a good bit better now. I went out for a walk in the rain and that seemed to brighten me up. I have managed a shake and am about to have another. I think it must just be linked to having been out of ketosis for a good few days. Hopefully I am back in it now.
My son who never comments on my weight said today that he saw a big difference in me and even in my warm quilted coat I looked slim and less like the Micheline man!
Mere x

There's a great compliment in that somewhere hehe, That's great :D

Really glad you're feeling better too, and that you have managed some packs :)

You're doing so well, an inspiration with such self control. Even on your lovely trip with your sister you still kept on the right side of healthy choices. You deserve all the compliments in the world xx

I am taking it as a compliment ED. :)
Mere x

It is definitely a compliment Mere! :D

Is your goal 9st 12lbs? You are almost at that! No wonder you are getting lovely compliments, you must look lovely and slim now xx

Hi ED
I am not that slim yet. The other 9lbs I have still to lose will bring me down a dress size to a 10. I still have a couple of pairs of size 12 jeans that I can get into comfortably but muffin top over so I will feel happier once I can get in them without the muffin look!
My other goal is to get into the dress I wore to my daughter's wedding. I can get into it, just, but couldn't wear it outside the bedroom.:D
Mere x

Ahh sorry to hear your not feeling well Mere, wish you a speedy recovery and it doesn't lead to a bug.

Sounds like you did as best you could at your sisters and avoided all the wrong things :D

Men and their compliaments aye- my OH said I didnt waddle when I walked now :rolleyes: xx

Hi Minnie
Thanks for your kind wishes I seem to be all right now I think it has just been related to ketosis or lack thereof. I also avoided the very big box of chocolates the other three polished off one evening. I felt holier than thou. Sometimes the compliments are so back handed you are not sure if they mean them as such. You must feel good to know you no longer waddle! :D I am happy to think I no longer look like the Micheline man but then I never realised that I did before!
Mere x

Ahh pleased to hear that your feeling better :D

Haha I know, the compliament is there somewhere and your right, it's good not to waddle or look like the micheline man!

Well done for resisting the chocs :D xx

I showed my OH my before, during and after photos just the other day. His face fell and he said OMG was you really THAT fat! Then started laughing..... Ummm Thank you darling... Lol xx

Another back handed compliment from a man!
Mere x

Back