Total Solution Mere's Diary

A size 10 is a size 10, no matter how tall or short you are, it's only the leg length that's different :) And I have to buy petite jeans/trousers anyway as I have short legs.

I think instead of getting rid of my fat clothes as I go along, I'm going to put them (or some of them anyway) away in my storage unit. Not so that I've got stuff if I get fat again, but so that I can be reminded of where I started (and maybe do one of those pics holding my fat clothes against my thin body one day lol).

That sounds like a good idea.
Mere x

Well done Mere, I'm looking forward to hearing when you are at goal. Will you still be writing in your diary? x

Very well done Mere! What a feeling this must be for you, So deserved! xx

Well done Mere :D

I'm glad I didn't keep any of my bigger sizes, as I really do think that I would have put on more weight, if they would have still been in the house. :eek:
I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything bigger than a 16, and I haven't :D
I have said before, and I will again now, that I am just sorry that I didn't get rid of the few size 18's that I still have.
As soon as I am in a 16 again, the 18's are straight to the charity shop, do not pass go, do not collect 200lbs !! ;)

Yes I intend continuing to post on this forum as I want to see all the people I consider friends reach goal.
Mere x

Wow Mere! You mightn't be at goal weight, but being able to slip in to size 10 clothes and your dress! Amazing stuff! You should feel very proud :D x

How fantastic to be able to get into the size 10 jeans, the feeling must have been wonderful!

god luck this week....keep us all posted x

It was a great feeling but not one of my friends noticed I had lost weight!
Mere x

Truly Mere to wear a size 10 is an amazing thing. You must have felt amazing.

I wouldn't worry too much about no one noticing I bet they did.xx

Yeah people must notice and just not say anything! It's actually very odd to see which people say things and which people don't! I've had more positive comments from people I know less than the people I consider closer to me- even when they haven't seen me for the same amount of time!

Your size 10 now Mere- thats blooming fantastic! x

There's no way they didnt notice, but some people are funny about saying something. They're probably just envious.

Thanks for all your comments girls. It is only my bottom half that is a ten my top is still a twelve. I am an apple rather than a pear. :D
Mere x

Wow size 10 Mere, I am struggling to fit myself into size 16 :-(

Youve done amazing. With your size ten mere.....a true inspiration...

Nik

Xx

It was a great feeling but not one of my friends noticed I had lost weight!
Mere x

I agree with Minnie. People who know you less, say more. It is very annoying !!
I love the look on peoples faces when they havent seen you for a few weeks, they realise you have lost weight, but they still dont say a word !!
I always say to people now, if I notice, for that very reason.
And for the same reason, I always tip waiters/waitresses, as I used to be a waitress when I was a lass just out of school :)

Wow size 10 Mere, I am struggling to fit myself into size 16 :-(

I sooo want to get into my 16's, very soon !!

I agree with Minnie. People who know you less, say more. It is very annoying !!
I love the look on peoples faces when they havent seen you for a few weeks, they realise you have lost weight, but they still dont say a word !

Marge it's so annoying isn't it especially when you see people that haven't seen you since before you started and they dont say anything! I mean I don't expect to be showered with compliments but I still don't get those that don't say anything esp when it's family!
I've had parents of the children I teach, parents of children that I don't teach, the school cleaner, my nephew who is 8 etc say lovely things but some family- mainly OH's family haven't said a word! They look at me and say nothing! My sister said something after I mentioned I was watching my weight but didn't say anything until the conversation was opened.

In fact, yesterday, OH went around his nans and told her about my weight loss (I saw her last weekend) and she said 'sily girl she'll only put it all back on again and more'. She doesnt even know what diet I'm doing! I guess thats why she didnt say anything when she saw me last week- she doesnt think I'll stay like that or obviously has some chip on he shoulder about people losing weight.

After I visited last week, I did think perhaps I really don't look any different. But when even kids notice- and they are well known for honesty- I must look a little smaller at least! Rant over! :D

OMG that's so rude, I can't believe she said that. People are so thoughtless sometimes and instead of being supportive, they just find ways of putting you down. And quite honestly, even if you DID put it back on again at some point (which you wont), why shouldn't you at least try to get off the weight that's making you unhappy? Would she rather you just stayed miserable and fat than do something to improve yourself?

Afternoon skinny :D

I so agree, EVERYONE will have noticed. Some just dont say anything, for a number of reasons. Some will be jealous, some will not want to embarrass you, some will just not want to sound like you were a fatty before lol.

As you know, iv had this. Iv had people blatantly ignore me as a friend too, who is still ignoring me by the way. 3 months now! Others are not bitter and jealous, they just don't think to mention it, or don't know how to. I think a lot of people will mention it to others once you have left. I do this actually. If. See someone I Havnt for a while, sometimes. I'll have a big reaction like Wow you've lost loads of weight you look fab!! But sometimes I won't be sure how to say it, so il say to someone else, Wow she's lots loads hasn't she, she looks great!

I wouldn't take notice of others reactions. You HAVE lost loads of weight, you DO look fabulous and it IS noticeable, of course! Size 10 argh! Fantastic Mere :D xx

Marge it's so annoying isn't it especially when you see people that haven't seen you since before you started and they dont say anything! I mean I don't expect to be showered with compliments but I still don't get those that don't say anything esp when it's family!
I've had parents of the children I teach, parents of children that I don't teach, the school cleaner, my nephew who is 8 etc say lovely things but some family- mainly OH's family haven't said a word! They look at me and say nothing! My sister said something after I mentioned I was watching my weight but didn't say anything until the conversation was opened.

In fact, yesterday, OH went around his nans and told her about my weight loss (I saw her last weekend) and she said 'sily girl she'll only put it all back on again and more'. She doesnt even know what diet I'm doing! I guess thats why she didnt say anything when she saw me last week- she doesnt think I'll stay like that or obviously has some chip on he shoulder about people losing weight.

After I visited last week, I did think perhaps I really don't look any different. But when even kids notice- and they are well known for honesty- I must look a little smaller at least! Rant over! :D

Grans are the best at tact arnt they! My Nan is comparing me to skeletal at the moment. As you can see from my photos, I look nowhere near sunken or too thin. I actually keep my coat buttoned all the way up when I'm going out with my Nan, and if I'm going to her house. Take a scarf, how sad. If I don't, she will go mad at my collar bones and I'm really conscious of it now.

Some people can be rotten though cant they, it's annoying that I'm ignored by some now, like iv done something bad to them! They best all get used to it cos we are staying slim, maybe they're sad they never got to say goodbye to the fat us haha xx

Back