Total Solution Mere's Diary

I hope I will not come back heavier but that will be down to the food on offer. We are staying in 4* hotels and a ranch so food there should be ok but don't know what will be on offer at lunch times. There are no meals included in the holiday!
Mere x

We're just going for bed and breakfast as I like to explore and find little places to eat in come evening. I love trying new foods and menus! I want to do so much swimming that I maintain my weight!

Minnie my friend went to USA last year and swam every day , ate what she wanted and came back a few pounds lighter. So swimming is a great idea.
Mere x

I have been having a few difficult days dietwise. Really hungry all the time. On Thursday I ate two squares of chocolate, no idea why as I do not even like chocolate!
Yesterday I ate a packet of crisps.
I am not sure why I am so hungry it is as if psychologically I have reached goal so my body is telling me I no longer need to diet.
I bought some light weight trousers in a size 10 for my holiday to Canada so I can't afford to put weight on.
I have been 100% today and will try my best for the next few days until WI on Wednesday.
Mere x

I think you're spot on, your body is saying "wee I'm at goal" and now wants all the things you wouldn't let it have while you were on the diet. I guess now comes the tricky part, learning to educate your brain that just cos you can have it, doesn't mean you should.

Wise words Jael.
Mere x

Mere, if you are going to be bad, then choose wisely;)
Crisps and chocolate are not things I would associate you eating, for some reason :)
You have said on more than one occasion that you have wanted to eat fruit. Maybe this would satisfy any sweet craving ? :)
Or for savory, have pickles or olives ?

When are you going to start refeeding ?
:)

Good advice Marge. I don't like chocolate and sweet things and hardly ever have crisps when I am not dieting so why I had them I just don't know.
I love fruit but hubby had eaten the last of it and I find olives too salty. I suppose if I feel a craving coming on I had better head for the pickled onion jar! :D
I will start reintroducing food when I get down to 9st 7llbs or at the beginning of May. Probably the beginning of May as I am going to a wedding on the 10th and will not resist the wine so I have to be out of ketosis. Two weeks later I will be off to Canada. :airplane:
Mere x

That sounds like a really good plan Mere. How exciting to be reintroducing food soon!

I never liked olives that much before, but doing this diet, I do love them now :)
A couple can really take away a savory craving for me :)
I also like the pickled veg that you can get, you know the ones with cauliflower ect in. Its lovely :)
I like gherkins too :D, but not the sweet ones :yuk:

That sounds like a good refeed plan :)

I have never tried pickled veg I must look out for that the next time I am in the supermarket.
Mere x

So exciting reading your diary with you at goal, and learning from how you will now move forward. I cant wait to keep following your progress Mere, what a star you are. I don't know if I would remain as good once at goal, you are doing amazing and we're all here cheering you on! :D xx

I have never tried pickled veg I must look out for that the next time I am in the supermarket.
Mere x

I quite like it Mere :)
I get the Haywards ones :)
Yum !!
I was going to do a link for it, for you Mere, but my broadband is playing up, sorry :)

An hour of Kettlercise used up 435 cals. Son is picking up his new car then taking hubby and I out for lunch so I am doing a "Marge" and ballancing calories used in exercise against a low carb meal. No idea where he is taking us but he did mention Big Macs all round he had better be kidding! Maybe I should put a bar in my bag just in case he isn't. :eek:
Mere x

Haha :D
Definitely take a bar Mere :)
Just in case ;)

Enjoy your lunch Mere I hope it's not a Big Macs take your bar just in case. Well done on the exercise its fab Xx

Yep take a bar! Mind I bet you wouldn't even like the tast of a maccy d's after not having junk food for a while :)

Hope you enjoyed your lunch and that it wasnt a bug mac x

Well I had a shake for lunch because there was a problem with him getting his car. The garage couldn't get it taxed because it had been a disability car and because it is a very sporty car they had not even checked that out. Lunch was at home and he did not get the car until 4 o'clock. I did have a glass of delicious wine to wet its bonnet! So that used up some of my exercise calories and has probably not done me any good but hey I enjoyed it!
Life is for living after all.
Mere x

So very true mere! :)

Back