Total Solution Mere's Diary

:wow: Mere, I checked ur pics today you look fab hun. what an achievement. I always admired your determination. I was lost case last year but this diet boosted my confidence and friends like you. you are my inspiration. Absolutely stunning.

That is good to know Jael. I think when I am on holiday I usually just relax and say stuff the diet! :eek:
The last few years have been all inclusive breaks in the carribean where the rum punch and cocktails flowed, mainly down my throat!
I usually gain between 5 and 7lbs over the two weeks. So this year I hope that will not happen.
Also I think in the carribean although you ask for diet coke with your rum you do not always get it, I think Canada you will get it and I doubt if I will be drinking much alcohol other than perhaps a glass of wine with dinner.
Last year in Aruba they were serving champage with breakfast, not a great idea especially for me who does not drink tea, coffee or fruit juice. Water or champagne is a no brainer! :doh:
Mere x

That sounds great Mere xx

I think you will surprise yourself on holdiay Mere :)
You have been very focused to get to where you are now. And you are sooo aware of the dangers that are out there. Knowledge is power ;)

Have a lovely day as I said before in my post that you are my inspiration.:) I am sure you will be wise towards your food choices.

Thanks Harry and Marge,
Time will tell if I make good food choices or throw in the towel. I like how I look now and feel so much fitter so don't want to ruin my hard work.
Have a good day.
Mere x

Just had a very stressful morning. I phoned our annual travel insurance company to declare high blood pressure, which I don't now have since losing the weight, but must still be declared because I have had medication in the past year. The insurance cost £187 when my hubby took it out for us both last September and today they wanted an extra £850!!!!!:eek: to cover my medical condition. When I said no way they offered me a single trip cover for £350.
I then went on line and got annual cover for myself with medication declared for £124. I was so stressed that I ate a handful of sultanas and a few pecans. :cry:
Emotional eating I know and now I feel so guilty especially since I will be WI tomorrow.
Mere x
PS I did not eat the kitkats that were winking at me so not all bad.

Oh Mere how stressful! I think I would have collapsed at that price :eek: and probably wolfed down the KitKats without chewing! Well done, not at all a bad choice. This is why you are such a huge inspiration to all, Your choices and discipline are phenomenal and yet you still feel bad even after only a handful of dried fruit/nuts :)

Dont feel guilty, You are a tiny little slip of a woman now and you didn't go wild. you also recognised the emotional eating thing but still did not do anything major. i think as much as we all like to think we will never fall into a glass of wine after a bad day, some things are built in and we are all human, even the fittest mortals will reach for comfort in food and drink sometimes. Controlling how much is whats important and youre doing that VERY well xx

Why do insurance companies do that ?:mad:
Im glad u got it sorted in the end :)
Mere, its still early in the day to incorporate the calories from the nuts and sultanas into your daily total :)
I know you dont know exactly how much you had, but I am sure you could make a fairly good guesstimate, and adjust your meal calories accordingly :)

A few nuts and sultanas nothing hon, think how bad it could have been if you'd reached for those Kitkats. It's still incredibly in control and disciplined, dont let yourself think otherwise. Emotional eating is a hard habit to break, but if you make healthy food choices when doing it, then you wont have done any damage.

Thanks ED, Marge and Jael.
I suppose I have to get things into perspective.
Spent the afternoon visiting an ex colleague who has terminal cancer. She was always on some sort of diet but now she is like a rake as the cancer is in her stomach and she can't eat. Your health is everything.
Mere x

Sorry to hear that Mere.
My friend used to be nurse at the Beatson. She always says that disease knows no bounds or class.
I hope you had a good visit xxx

I did have a good visit. I was dreading it thinking what can we possibly talk about but all she really wanted to talk about was her illness. She said everyone else was avoiding the subject but I had always been a good listener.
I will go and see her again when I come back from Canada.
Mere x

Mere is the price for your insurance a single trip or annual. I have got my insurance through my bank and they cover blood pressure and my eye for no extra cost. And I had to make a claim and they paid out no problem.

i hate it when kitkats (and other chocolate covered things wink at you)

The £850 was extra added to our joint annual policy which has only 2 months still to run. The £350 was a single trip for me and the £124 I finally paid was in conjunction with my house insurance and is an annual multi trip one for just me. Which bank are you with? I have been with the Clydesdale since I started working 40 years ago!
Mere x

Oh that is sad Mere. I'm glad she has a good friend in you to listen.

Health really is paramount and so fragile xx

Mere I am sure a handful of fruit and nuts wont do any damage! In moderations, nuts are good! :) I was actually reading up on nuts yesterday about the fat in nuts being good for you as opposed to trans fat in other foods.

Also sorry to hear about your friend. I know what you mean about how things like that put things into perspective. When I watch something or hear about something serious somebody has or has to deal with I feel awful stressing about weight when its something I could have avoided and something I can change. There are other people with much more serious body/facial disease or disfigurements and there I am obsessing over spots, my big bum etc.

Good luck for WI tomorrow :)

I definitely think seeing a friend suffering like that does put things in perspective. I have a friend who's in hospital at the moment awaiting a heart bypass. It's so shocking. She's in her early/mid 40s (not exactly sure as she's not a close friend) and she thought she had a chest infection as she'd had some discomfort, went to A&E last weekend expecting to get some antibiotics to be told she'd had a heart attack. The whole thing was a complete shock to her and everyone else. She's still young, she doesn't smoke and she's very slim, probably a size 8-10. It's scary the way things like that can just happen and it made me realise how much risk I'd put myself in just by being so overweight. If something like that can happen to someone who has none of the obvious risk factors then it can happen to me too who has many of them because of my weight.

Thanks girls. My friend has ovarian cancer that was missed in her scan 6 months before she was diagnosed. I would be bitter but she has come to terms with it all and is very accepting of her fate. I really admire her courage.
Mere x

Sorry to hear about your friend I can relate myself to her. Last year when I was suffering with it people use to avoid talking to me about my sickness. And all I wanted to talk about my health and my*kids.i was really scared that if anything happens to me who will look after my kids. I hope she get well soon I will pray for her.last week I was emotional cause I remember last year about this time I was in hospital. Sorry for long post.Good luck for WI.

Back