Total Solution Mere's Diary

The heart rate monitor is my own. I put in my weight and age and it does the rest. It looks like a watch and works like one when not being used as a heart rate monitor. You then wear a band round your chest. Mine cost about £70. x

That sounds a lot more reliable than a fit bit Mere :)
Its easy to not go to the gym when we are busy, so well done on going :)

You're doing so well Mere, I'm sure those lbs will be dropping on the scales to reflect your hard work soon, they can't not considering what you're eating.

Today's exercise was powerhoop class used 400 cals in 60 mins. Registered on heart rate monitor but fitbit only registered 90 cals!

Booked a holiday to Borneo so now I have to get seriously fit as it involves hiking between 3 and 8 hours every day! Includes hiking up a mountain. Gym here I come!

Thanks Tigs, I am very excited we are going for 20 days in August so I will be there for my 65th birthday! Plenty of time to get fit and as we are going to Skye again at the end of the month I will get some hill walking practice then.

Oh that's lovely Mere :)

Weight has stayed the same this week still 7lbs over target. I need to get my weight down a bit this week as I am going to Skye the week after and I know I will not have a lot of control over what I can eat then.

Wow what a great incentive to stay on track mere. Hope you have a lovely day.

Wow, holiday sounds amazing Mere. With all this hardwork you will be at target and ready to celebrate that Birthday xx

I can hardly wait! x

Today's exercise was a 50 minute walk used 250 cals. Not great but better than nothing.

Mere, I noticed you said you hadn't lost in 4 weeks. Maybe you need to try something different ? To kick start your losses ?

I think you are right Marge that is why I have started going to the gym more often. Our holiday is in August and I have to get super fit for that. The mountain we are climbing is almost 6000 m high, 4 times the hight of Ben Nevis, so it is quite a climb. Tomorrow I will arrange a session with a personal trainer at the gym to get advice on increasing my fitness and endurance levels so hopefully that will see the weight dropping.

Last edited:
That's an amazing incentive Mere! Much better than meeting Princess Ann!

Sounds brilliant. X

Back