meringue nests and sausages???

melmac

I've seen different posts on here and as a newbie still I'm just trying to be certain. I've heard people talking abut syn free sausages????? I thought sausages had to be synned???

Also about the meringue nests being 1 syn, but I'm sure I read in the book as 3 syns???

Can anyone clear these queries up for me please. My leader is a bit of a muppet so going to try and go to a different meeting next week.
thanks
mm

Mini nests are 1, full size about 3 but check by brand.
Some sausages are free, some are low syn.

Check online is best.

TESCO Light choice sausages are 1/2 a syn and lush I think weight watchers are there abouts too both chilled not frozen, and Linda mcartney does free veggie sausages but best to check online for exact syns, and as above with meringue all dif syns m+s ones are 2ish x

i love the linda mccarteny red onion & rosemary sausages. i think thats what they are called. they are in most frozen sections in supermarkets. they are free and really tasty :) x

Sainsbury's BGTY Extra Lean Cumberland sausages are only half a Syn each and are very tasty. Also, Sainsbury's full size meringue nests are two and a half Syns each. Love mine with FF yoghurt and fresh fruit piled in. Filling, delicious and always seem very indulgent! :)

Kathy

I eat meringue nests for dessert quite often, and I find that - although they are the lowest in syns - the Sainsbury's ones tend to not fill me up. I go for the Waitrose nests, which are the same syns, but are chewier, sweeter and more satisfying.

Back