Merrymoo's Diary

merrymoo

Hello everyone :)

I've been reading this forum for a little while now (it's fab btw) but not plucked up courage to post till now. I will have been doing SAS for 3 weeks on Friday. It's my first attempt at this kind of diet. I have previously done slimming world, lost my weight then promptly put it all back on! Although I have been finding it fairly easy so far I have been struggling a little the last couple of days. I have just eaten an extra bar (making it 5 packs today) which I enjoyed but am now feeling a tad cross with myself.

Hello merrymoo, sounds like you're doing great :) How much have you lost and how much do you want to lose?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Subscribing to your journey. Don't be too hard on yourself.. So you had an extra pack.. Could have been a lot worse ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've lost 15lb so far and would like to lose around another 19lb. The actual weight isn't as important as the way I feel though so will see how it goes.

And thanks Rach :)

Well done on progress so far. You're doing so well.. And better a bar than something worse!

Thanks :) I am feeling more positive again today and also not hungry whereas I had a wobbly couple of days. Just had a thought, I have had my 200g veg allowance with my dinner pack each day. On 3 consecutive days over the weekend that consisted of lettuce, cucumber and jarred pickled beetroot. Is beetroot ok? Was wondering if not then maybe contributed to my hungry feelings?

Pretty sure beetroot is a no-no :-(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ah, could have been it then. Not hungry at all today and just got to my dinner with 3 packs to go. Had 2 packs of cottage pie with white cabbage and omg am so full. Not comfortable and I don't think I will be doing that again ! I love the taste of the shakes but they don't seem to satisfy me as much as the rest of the packs.

Well the end of another day. Have just got in from work and off to bed as feel shattered. Does everyone else feel like a nap during the day since starting S&S? I have eaten okay - oatmeal for brekkie, 2 flat mushrooms (cooked with frylight) covered with the mushroom pasta for lunch and tomato soup and a bar for my break at work tonight. Lots of water.

Nighty night all x

Very busy day today, didn't keep as close a watch as usual on my water intake but hopefully had enough.
Had sweet porridge for brekkie, a banana milkshake (yum) and a lemon bar for my work break and spag bol with lettuce and cucumber for dinner. Going to put another 4 week order in tomorrow as my hubby has been doing this for the last 10 days too and sharing my packs.

Day 24 today and must say I have been struggling again the last couple of days. Not actually hungry but thinking about choc/sweetstuff a lot. My totm is due so maybe that's why? Usually I would be bingeing for England at the moment. I feel miserable too :(.
On the plus side I have lost 17lb since I started this.
OH and me tried the curry pack last night for the first time. I did it with a flat mushroom and sliced courgettes (fried with frylight) and it was really nice. Today I have had oatmeal for brekkie, will have a milkshake before I go to work and take a soup and salad and a bar with me for my break.
Have a good day everyone ! :)

Good Morning All :)

The sun is shining here, so much better for the mood!

Day 27 today and still on track although the mind is still wanting me to sabotage at times. My oh has been brilliant, keeps talking sense into me. He has just completed 2 weeks and finding it all so easy.

Have work today so will have oatmeal for brekkie in a few mins, spicy spaghetti before I leave at 1pm then soup and salad for my break at 7pm. Will also take a bar and will munch that whenever I feel the need.

Here's to a good day everyone !

And totm has arrived. Have a slight tummy ache and feel a little bloated but nothing like the physical discomfort I usually get for at least a week beforehand.

Will have completed my first 4 weeks at the end of today. Overall it hasn't been bad at all and have found sas easy to stick to - apart from the few times this past week I have wanted to eat my supply of bars all at once! I am going to try having a few 'barless' days I think as I don't want to come off this diet feeling I need something similar every day.
Yummy though!

Just had porridge for brekkie and drunk a litre and a half of water so far this morning. Should be an easy day, no work and can eat when I want to, not be restricted to set breaks. Have some meals to use so will have spicy spaghetti for lunch, spag bol with sprouts for dinner and a milkshake later on. At least that's the plan!

Happy Friday all xx

Well done ur doing fab, have days when I want to eat, not because I'm hungry just bad habits to change. X

Thank you, you aren't doing so bad yourself !

Yes that's totally it, bad habits. I am determined to change them because I am also determined that this will be it for me. My first and last time on a vlcd ! Hey, might use that as my mantra for a while ;) xx

Morning all :)

Quick update to my diary. My diet is still going strong with no major blips. I have been getting some bad headaches lately though and some very brief moments of lightheaded/dizziness. I'm hoping this has all been connected with totm but if it doesn't improve this week I may have to rethink my plan.

Hope you are all going strong !

Okay, still on track and feeling a bit better again. Have decided to go with 3 packs a day and have an omelette for brekkie, starting just now lol. I have always had my veg allowance since day one, sometimes with my dinner pack and sometimes as a bowl of salad with a soup pack at work. Having said salad, it usually consists of lettuce, cucumber and mushroom but I like it well enough and it's quite filling.

Have a good half term :)

Oh. I went away for a couple days with my daughter and other family on Thursday. Had several of my daughters cheesy chips lunchtime followed by an ice cream. Ok, I thought, not the end of the world. So I had fish and chips for tea followed by half a pack of biccies and some chocolate. I have drawn a line under it, been 100% since and don't think it will happen again while I am on this diet. I am, however, really worried that I won't cope when I am back on 'normal' food.

What do other people do when they come off the packs?

Back