messed up

donnamarie

Silver Member
im feeling really down i messed up last night on day 1 of cd :cry:
is there any hope for me if i cant even get through day 1 :cry:
this s/s is hard 2 get my head around.
is there anyone else out ther who had a rough start but got through it?
im so annoyed with myself, feeling really fed up, bloated and sick.
i wanna give it another go in the morning is it with it? :(

Of course it is worth it donnamarie, you need to just take it 1 day at a time. Do not dwell on what happened yesterday start a fresh and get back on track properly! :)

SS is hard and the first few days are the hardest but once you have got past them you will be A ok and on the road to recovery haha - well slimness :)

Chin up girly it gets easier! xx

Thanks so much nathalie.
Its just ive tried and failed at diets so many times before, you sometimes feel like is this worth it!
I so want to be at goal, more than anything, yet i keep messing up!
Why do i do that? Its crazy.
But your right... forget whats past and get on with now!
Im gonna stick with it... i to can get to goal like so many people on here. thank you xx

If I remember correctly - I ate a chinese on my first night of SS:eek:

I got straight back on it and lost 10lbs in my first week so it is totally doable.

Set yourself som mini goals to help keep you motivated.

Good luck

Lenny.. thank you so much. :flowers:

Ive had my cry and moan about it but im gonna stick with it, im not going to dwell onit.
This site is amazing and reading through here and seeing the inspiration slideshow, its proof its doable.
And im not alien (well hope not) so YES i can do it too!!!
Day 1 tomorrow... here i come!! :)

My first week on CD I was working nights...so I was tired and my heart wasn't totally in it. I kept saying to myself I'd start 'properly' after that week of nights. My first 2 days I had chips for dinner...I then seemed to get the hang of the SS - except on day 4 when it was a rough night at work and I had chocolate...and all through the week I was drinking sprite here and there...and as sprite contains citric acid...I doubt I ever got into ketosis!! I wasn't expecting to lose much as I know I'd not done it properly...but knew I'd be more focused when I was on days... :) When I stepped on the scales at my first week WI...I'd lost 13lbs!! So, even with a rough start - you can do it!! You just need to focus on your goal and you'll do it...it's not been easy and I had had a few 'blips', but now I feel more determined than ever to do it!!

Good luck hun!! You'll do great - just focus on your goal!!

Thankyou so much for your kind words spranglyrainbow.
Thats made me feel so much better.
I worked an early shift 2day at work 6.30am - 2pm, i'm a forecourt cashier so lots of temptation right infront of me!
But i made it through! All i had was 2 bottles of water and 1 chocolate tetra!
Home now just having a choc mint shake.. ummm nice.
For some reason my mind keeps telling me.. " oh its saturday night lets chill out infront of tv get takeaway and munchies and start tomorrow!"
But tomorrow's never coming for me!!
I really got to stick to this now today, how do you switch off and ignore your mind?
Cause usually before i know it ive given in and eaten! Need to stay focused! Think im gonna sit here all night!
Everyone keeps telling me the 1st few days are the hardest, it gets easier.... and i so hope thats true!
Cause ive got alot of weight to lose so i need to be s/s for a while yet!
Donna xxx

donnamarie
I messed up on day 5 yesterday but i am back on it now keep at it lol you will succeed. Its very hard but you ll do it

Hi Peackie, Just click on someone elses Ticker and it will take you to the page to set your own.

Thankyou Peackie :flowers:
Well done for making it to day 5 hun!!!
That seems so far away for me lol.
But no im gonna stick with it.
Good luck for your 1st weigh. Donna xx

The ticker thing was very confusing for me lol!!
Somewhere here theres instructions how 2 copy and paste it..
I'll go search for it... be back with it for you in a bit xxx

DOH :doh: Im such a tit! lol
Just found that thing i was on about, didnt read it properly the 1st time, now im gonna look very stupid! pmsl...
Right here goes.... to set up ticker (help you set it up) you need to click Tutorials up there in blue box top of page, right hand side..
good luck xx

Thankyou so much for your kind words spranglyrainbow.
Thats made me feel so much better.
I worked an early shift 2day at work 6.30am - 2pm, i'm a forecourt cashier so lots of temptation right infront of me!
But i made it through! All i had was 2 bottles of water and 1 chocolate tetra!
Home now just having a choc mint shake.. ummm nice.
For some reason my mind keeps telling me.. " oh its saturday night lets chill out infront of tv get takeaway and munchies and start tomorrow!"
But tomorrow's never coming for me!!
I really got to stick to this now today, how do you switch off and ignore your mind?
Cause usually before i know it ive given in and eaten! Need to stay focused! Think im gonna sit here all night!
Everyone keeps telling me the 1st few days are the hardest, it gets easier.... and i so hope thats true!
Cause ive got alot of weight to lose so i need to be s/s for a while yet!
Donna xxx

There is no way of switching off your mind - you just have to keep your mind on the prize!! Last week, for some reason I had really bad mood swings. I burst out crying when everyone else was eating and I couldn't. I was frustrated, not because I was hungry, but because I wanted to eat!! Being someone who used food for comfort...it's hard when that comfort is taken away from me. Now I look to friends, books, pretty new clothes and pampering myself for comfort!! It's hard and some days I want to give up...but my biggest want is to shift this weight, and that is what I have to remember...make little targets...treat yourself when you reach them (not with food haha) You will soon get there!!! We both started with about the same amount to lose...and we'll do great and be slim in no time hehe I suggest reading Skinny *****...that book even got me pouring my beloved Coke Zero down the drain!! It's an eye opener!!

Also, one quote I read on here sticks with me...
"I know that that tastes like (whatever your vice is - takeaway, pizza, cake), but I don't know what being slim feels like!"

I think it's about time I tried something new...and that new thing I want to try...is being slim!! :)

We can do it hun!!!

I totally realate to what your saying, im exacatly the same.
Im the same too, im not hungry its cause i want to eat!
Thanks i will look for that book, sounds just what i need to keep me out the kitchen!
Ive heard that quote before and its so true, will have to keep reminding meself of it! chant it in my head over and over!!
Yes we can do it hun, your right!
Thanks so much for your replys, :thankyou::thankyou:
this site, well people on here are a godsend.. Donna xxx

Just had to post on here now, as 5 days on from last post ive listened to all your kind words and advice and stuck to s/s 100%
And at at my 1st weigh in 2night i've lost 10lbs :bliss:
Thanks so much guys xxxxx

again...well done :D all that worrying that u couldnt do it and here u r 10lb lighter...woohoo!!! best of luck for week 2 xxx

Well done!! Well done!!

Ketosis should now be kicking in so protect that ketosis with your life as the protection it gives you from hunger makes the diet the brilliant thing it is.

10 pounds is superb!!

Just think by Christmas you will be 3 to 4 stone lighter at least if you drink the water and just hang in there!!

Mike

Thanks karen. thanks mike.. xx
Wow i could well be that lighter by christmas huh...
This diet is so exciting... im gonna stick with it, it means so much 2 me!
Thanks so much for your kind replys, it really does mean so much, keeps me focused and makes me feel great!!!
Im so pleased i made it through week 1, after a bumpy start im thrilled with my loss this week.
Thanks guys xxx :)
Week 2 here i come!!! lol xx

Back