Michelle's Diary

michellelouise86

Hello everyone,

let me start by telling you a little about me.
I'm 27 years old and i'm from Nottingham, i'm a support worker for adults with Dementia.
I am very overweight and have a couple of things that have added to my weight gain over the years (as well as being greedy of course ;) )
I have PCOS and Endemetriosis and have been trying to conceive with my OH for 2 years now. I know that if i was to be so lucky as to get pregnant, being so overweight would not be good for me and especially the baby, this is one of my main motivations for loosing weight. I have been under the hospital since i was 16 years old for my PCOS and i have a lovely consultant who has always been honest with me and told me he will only help me to conceive if i loose weight.
I would love nothing more than to start a family of my own with my partner and this seems to be giving me the motivation i need to shift my bulk! :)
I have a lovely OH who is very very supportive of me and also an incredible support from my family.
I have tried majority of diets in the past, some good, some not so good, but slimming world seems to be the one that really works for me. if i have a 100% week i tend to lose 3 or 4lbs a week.
I have quite a good social life in terms of going out for meals, cinemas, nights out etc but recently i seem to of been reigning them in and making correct choices when i do go out. ( although it was my sisters wedding on Saturday and i may have got a little tipsy and ate too much!!)
i've joined here in hopes of making new friends and getting some support. i don't have any friends that are currently doing slimming world and find it quite hard to talk to the people in my slimming world group for some reason.

Anyway i have to date lost 11lbs and i'm looking forward to seeing the lbs drop lower and lower.
I don't have any big events coming up and i haven't set myself a target as i just want to keep going and going.

hopefully i haven't bored you all to death and i look forward to speaking to you all and reading all your diaries

Have a good day :) xxxxxx

Last edited:
Todays food:

Breakfast: 2 weetabix + milk

Lunch: 6 crackerbread with tuna & salad cream

Tea: slow cooked pork & veg

Snacks: muller yogurt & grapes

HEXA's : 250mls semi skimmed milk
HEXB's : 2 weetabix & 6 crackerbread

SYNS : salad cream - 2
Yogurt - 1/2

Total : 3 syns

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Waiting for the OH to come home then we are going shopping! :) so looking forward to having a full fridge again x

Dinner done and dusted. Im all full up now!

Tomorrow I'm going to have a green day.

For lunch I'm going to have stuffed sweet peppers and I'm going to do a chicken chow mein for tea

Have a nice night x

Hey just had a quick look through your diary, we have a few things in common i also have pcos :( (major bummer) and ttc! Know losing weight is a big part of it so trying but kind of sane as you busy social life donuts not always easy! I'm a slimming world veteran so if you ever need any help or anyone to talk/vent too I'm your girl :) good luck Hun! Fingers crossed our time will come soon :) cc

Hey just had a quick look through your diary, we have a few things in common i also have pcos :( (major bummer) and ttc! Know losing weight is a big part of it so trying but kind of sane as you busy social life donuts not always easy! I'm a slimming world veteran so if you ever need any help or anyone to talk/vent too I'm your girl :) good luck Hun! Fingers crossed our time will come soon :) cc

Hiiiiii :D

Thanks for the message, sorry to hear you have the same problems :( its a bugger ain't it!

Its hard because my OH and my friends are always saying "chelle you cant let a diet take over your social life" and i do agree but its just hard to go out and make hard choices all night as i don't wanna jepodise my weight loss but wanna have a good time with everyone.

As for TTC don't even get me started lol! Honest to god i think I'm keeping clear blue in business! :(

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, ill look forward to taking a look at your diary tomorrow xxx

Hi Michelle, thanks for commenting on my diary. I popped over to read yours and found we have something in common. I have PCOS too, struggled with it in my teens and early 20's. I'm 25 now - 26 soon and I have had 2 children in 2 years naturally. 2nd one was even a shock surprise lol so it is possible and weight loss improves it massively xx

Hiiiiii :D

Thanks for the message, sorry to hear you have the same problems :( its a bugger ain't it!

Its hard because my OH and my friends are always saying "chelle you cant let a diet take over your social life" and i do agree but its just hard to go out and make hard choices all night as i don't wanna jepodise my weight loss but wanna have a good time with everyone.

As for TTC don't even get me started lol! Honest to god i think I'm keeping clear blue in business! :(

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, ill look forward to taking a look at your diary tomorrow xxx

I'm trying to relax and go with the flow ATM well see how it goes ha! But I'm trying to concentrate on losing weight rather than ttc as that's stressing me out!

Have a fab day today, I've got a lovely weekend planned and in just going to enjoy it and not worry lol xx

Hi Michelle, thanks for commenting on my diary. I popped over to read yours and found we have something in common. I have PCOS too, struggled with it in my teens and early 20's. I'm 25 now - 26 soon and I have had 2 children in 2 years naturally. 2nd one was even a shock surprise lol so it is possible and weight loss improves it massively xx

Aw saddens me how many people have pcos :( thats brilliant about your 2 babies though :D your very lucky.

Im hoping weight loss does help, it would be a miracle if i was lucky enough to have a baby :) xx

I'm trying to relax and go with the flow ATM well see how it goes ha! But I'm trying to concentrate on losing weight rather than ttc as that's stressing me out!

Have a fab day today, I've got a lovely weekend planned and in just going to enjoy it and not worry lol xx

Me too, its so easy to let TTC take over your life isn't it! I keep telling myself to just relax and let nature take its course but its so hard not to get fed up!

Im not having a good day today :( gonna do a post about it in a minute.

Enjoy your weekend, what have you got planned? Xx

Well today is turning out to be quite crap :(

I recently found out i have high blood pressure for the first time in my life, which I'm 100% convinced is down to being so stressed at work. Ive had blood tests and everything has come back fine thank god.
I went back after having a week off work and my blood pressure had gone down from dangerously high to perfect.

Anyway, to cut a long story short the doctor wanted me to have one of these blood pressure monitors on, he forgot to mention is has to be on for 24hours!!!
It automatically takes your blood pressure every 30 minutes. Im not going go get any sleep tonight!

I had it fitted at 9 am but had to go back to the doctors at 11am as it wasn't working and went from giving me sky high blood pressure to so low that i should of been in a coma!!
So waited for her to sort it ( turns out the readings it was giving me were the ladies that had it yesterday!)

So I'm relaxing in bed with my magazines ( except for every half hour when it feels asif my arm is going to be squeezed off!)

image-2915205539.jpg

I had 2 alpen bars for breakfast and i am going to make lunch shortly of sweet peppers stuffed with savoury rice and cheese.

Hope everyones having a good day xx

Oh dear that cabt be fun for you :( on the positive side hopefully they can help the issue! Have a nice relaxing day!

It's awful when work stresses you out especially as it takes up half your life!

Goiing out for tea with friends tomorrow, then Leeds to see my brother his wife and my beautiful nephew. If I'm back in time out Saturday night with friends, and the relaxing Sunday with the boyfriend cabt wait :) xx

Oh dear that cabt be fun for you :( on the positive side hopefully they can help the issue! Have a nice relaxing day!

It's awful when work stresses you out especially as it takes up half your life!

Goiing out for tea with friends tomorrow, then Leeds to see my brother his wife and my beautiful nephew. If I'm back in time out Saturday night with friends, and the relaxing Sunday with the boyfriend cabt wait :) xx

Aw that sounds like a lovely weekend! My bf is from barnsley and think we are going up to his parents this weekend then I'm off work for 2 weeks thank god! Going to London to see Michael buble next friday :D cant wait!!

Hope you have a lovely time, enjoy yourself xx

Todays food: green day

Breakfast- 2 alpen light bars and coffee

Lunch- stuffed sweet peppers with savoury rice + cheese

Dinner- mushroom + veg + chicken chow mein

Snacks- ww yogurt + fruit

HEXA's- 250mls semi skimmed milk + 40g half fat cheese
HEXB's- 2 alpen bars + 70g cooked chicken

Syns- 0

well well well what a night and day i've had!!! :(

As i mentioned i had that blood pressure monitor fitted yesterday morning for 24 hours. Well it goes off every half hour and throughout the day the readings were coming out perfect. when my bf came home yesterday we sat and went through all the readings and worked out that the average was 125/80 which was more or less perfect.
well last night about 8pm it read at 150/96 which i thought was a bit of a big jump in 20 minutes. a further 20 minutes and the reading was 191/197!!!!!!! i nearly died. i was trying so hard not to panic but was getting myself more and more wound up. i did 3 readings in 10 minutes and the numbers were creeping up.
in the end i rang nhs direct at 10pm as by this point i was near on hysterical. i had a lovely doctor ring me back and she spent an hour on the phone to me trying to calm me down. i used to suffer panic attacks and as i was on the phone to her and she was explaining that with it being so high i was at great risk of a heart attack or a stroke i could feel a panic attack starting. it started in my tummy, it was as if someone had a big spoon and was stirring my insides, add on dripping with sweat, not being able to breathe, choking, crying and throwing up and you've got one big old nasty panic attack!!
my bf was amazing and was trying so hard to calm me down, my mum came round and so did my neighbour and although i was willing myself to calm down and even though i had 4 people telling me to calm down i just couldn't. i was completely convinced i was going to die! it was the most horrendous petrifying thing i've ever been through in my life.
it lasted about an hour and half and in the end i took the bp monitor off and i went to bed and just forced myself to calm down. how i slept i don't know, i wouldn't let go of my boyfriend, i was shaking uncontrollably but as i had no other high blood pressure symptoms e.g headache, nosebleed, dizziness etc the doctor didn't want me to go to the hospital.

i took the bp monitor back to the gp this morning and made an appointment with my doctor for 4.20pm today. i've been a wreck all day at work, terrified and panicking. went to my appointment and explained everything, my gp took my bp 3 times and it is 120/80 which he said is perfect. he also said that bp cannot fluctuate that much in such a short time and that the machine must of been faulty!!!! i was so angry!!! i explained the stress i had been through and asked him to take my bp manually as i said i dont trust them stupid machines.
sure enough he did it manually and it was 120/80
i feel so angry but also so relieved at the same time. i cant belive the bloody crap i have gone through all because of a stupid machine! since when did we decide to trust what a machine says??

so, now ive embarassed myself completely by writing that (i had to write it and get it out my system) i'm going to do my dinner

ive not ate anything since last night (and that didnt last very long in my tummy once the panic attack started)

i'm thinking of having sw chips, beans, mushrooms and a fried egg followed by lots of water.

hope everyones had a much much better day than me and its friday woop!!!!! im off work for 11 days now so looking forward to chilling and catching up on lots of things xxxx

Oh you poor thing! I heamorraged badly when I have birth the first time. I lost 2.7 litres of blood, crash team were called and all the machines going off, dr's panicking like mad. So I know how it feels to guenuinly believe your time is up.

Glad you are ok xx

Oh you poor thing! I heamorraged badly when I have birth the first time. I lost 2.7 litres of blood, crash team were called and all the machines going off, dr's panicking like mad. So I know how it feels to guenuinly believe your time is up.

Glad you are ok xx

Thank you for your comment.

So sorry to hear what you went through. Glad your ok now. Must of been terrifying!!

I was petrified. Think scares like that make you appreciate things more :) xx

Wow you poor - what an ordeal :(
Glad everything was okay in the end ,
Just think of your 11 days off - I'm a little jealous & try get yourself back to your normal old self, situations like that take a lot outta us :(

I'm filling my head with positive thoughts here & trying to motivate myself. I want great results this week.

Going shopping with my bf tomorrow so I will be filling my fridge with lots of heathy & low sun goodies. I'm sittin ere doing up a shopping list while waiting on my bf home from wrk - when did I become so boring??

Hope you have a great wkend MichelleLouise x

Back