TS AAM Michelle's Diet Diary 😀

mich3113

Good day all,

So eventually received my 100 exante products, yesterday evening..

So straight on it this morning with a strawberry and banana shake, and it was very nice..

I had a lengthy conversation with the kids on how these shakes and bars are to help mammy lose her fat belly and bum.. hard to explain to kids why they can't have them too 😂

Hubby has already said we are going out for Sunday dinner tomorrow 🙄 so what to do here? Bring a bar with me and have a cup of black coffee , or have some meat and veg?

If it was me I’d have sparkling water to drink, all the veggies that grow above ground but with no sauces & a generous portion of lean white meat. I love Sunday roast so wouldn’t be able to say no ! Let us know what you decide.

It's up to you. I would say a roast wouldn't automatically tip you over the edge, watch out for the roast potatoes though! I also use nutracheck, which already has the exante products in to keep track of the other 200 calories too. I find it helps

It's up to you. I would say a roast wouldn't automatically tip you over the edge, watch out for the roast potatoes though! I also use nutracheck, which already has the exante products in to keep track of the other 200 calories too. I find it helps
Hi Gamy,

Yes thanks for that I will track all I consume.🙂

It's only gonna be the exception not the rule, we don't go out for dinner that often.

I'd be happy to have the chicken or turkey with cauliflour and greens .. I have been doing keto before , so I'd like to say I have a good grasp on foods that are low carb....

On the keto after a while I just craved sweet.. so I'm hoping to do mostly packs and then a little savoury food.... calorie counting is a must, so I will watch the portion size also... I need my stomach to shrink lol, so I won't be piggin out .

I use my fitness pal, it's linked to my fitbit account.. that works really well for me, I can keep an eye on my macros.

These exante packs are balanced though , there is still a lot of carbs in them, I had it in my head that they were going to put me in ketosis.. but I'm unsure now..🤔

I did a spreadsheet of the carb content of the Exante products - just ‘cos I was interested to see how they compared & this is what I found:

All the Juiced products contained 11, 12 or 13g of carbohydrates per pack.

The majority of the Vegan shakes contained between 13 & 17g per pack.

The Low Sugar Smoothies contained 17g.

The highest carb ones are Pasta Bolognese Pot with 28g, The Hot Cross Bun Bar with 26g. The Thai Noodles Pot with 25g, The Dark Choc and Cranberry Layered Bar & Indian Daal Pot with 24g.

Everything else is in between.

As for ketosis, It appears that virtually everyone stops feeling hungry by the end of the first week and that’s the best indicator of being in ketosis. Ketostix have never worked for me but as long as the weight comes off and the hunger subsides then I’m happy.

I did a spreadsheet of the carb content of the Exante products - just ‘cos I was interested to see how they compared & this is what I found:

All the Juiced products contained 11, 12 or 13g of carbohydrates per pack.

The majority of the Vegan shakes contained between 13 & 17g per pack.

The Low Sugar Smoothies contained 17g.

The highest carb ones are Pasta Bolognese Pot with 28g, The Hot Cross Bun Bar with 26g. The Thai Noodles Pot with 25g, The Dark Choc and Cranberry Layered Bar & Indian Daal Pot with 24g.

Everything else is in between.

As for ketosis, It appears that virtually everyone stops feeling hungry by the end of the first week and that’s the best indicator of being in ketosis. Ketostix have never worked for me but as long as the weight comes off and the hunger subsides then I’m happy.
Your brilliant.. I love your thoroughness.. thank you for sharing this 😀

This will definitely help me when I reorder...

I get a bit hung up in the carbs.. I used to think fat was bad and carbs good .. but not any more.

And my tummy just doesn't feel good when I've carbs.. but I still crave them... 😩

I'm not too hungry at all today sorta feeling a bit lightheaded so best eat my 2nd portion.. I've been busy cleaning the house..... so good to have some energy back!!!

How are you feeling today?

Haha, thankyou 🤣
Too much of anything is bad isn’t it? I think that everything in moderation is good for you except sugar. Natural sugars in fruits are ok in moderation but added sugar I believe is really bad.
Im feeling good so far, I’ve been out for a 35 minute walk - measured at 3750 steps on Fitbit. I’ve had 1 shake and 1.2lt of straight water on top of all my teas and coffees 🤣. About to have the porridge then crack on with housework.
I’m an afternoon/evening snacker so the housework should distract me I hope.
What made you choose Exante over the other VLCD’s out there?

Haha, thankyou 🤣
Too much of anything is bad isn’t it? I think that everything in moderation is good for you except sugar. Natural sugars in fruits are ok in moderation but added sugar I believe is really bad.
Im feeling good so far, I’ve been out for a 35 minute walk - measured at 3750 steps on Fitbit. I’ve had 1 shake and 1.2lt of straight water on top of all my teas and coffees 🤣. About to have the porridge then crack on with housework.
I’m an afternoon/evening snacker so the housework should distract me I hope.
What made you choose Exante over the other VLCD’s out there?
I have tried a few acually, the first one was lipotrim that was many years ago must be 10 years ago... i did that for 3 months... it was great .. I lost something between 3 and four stones.. if I rember correctly.. very strict though... so since then I know this type of diet works well for me..
Tried a few others but I don't like the taste of them..

And I just don't have it in me to go back to lipotrim... I need something I can integrate into my life easier and exante will work well for that.

I have also tried intermittent fasting, and keto.. both those work well too , but hard to stick to.

I do turn to exante ocassially to help cut calories or when I just get sick of food.... It really takes up too much space in my brain.. I wish I could just forget about food at times... that being said ... that's why I like meal replacements..

Why I can't control my weight is I emotionally eat.. so when I'm not happy about anything or I'm stressed I use food... hence I'd need to diet.. good thing is when I decide to diet it means I'm in a happier place I'm my life, and I want to feel better so I'm in a good place right now 😀

Well that was definitely a ramble hahaha thats my dieting back story

Yesterday was OK, had a shake for breakfast, a salted carmel bar with black coffee for lunch (was devine)

Then I saved my calories and had a low carb steak salad

2 Litres of fizzy water

Also had 2 cans of coke zero as a treat in the evening..

Was staring to get a headache at 10pm drank more water.. should have just went to bed earlier. Had to get up and pee twice in the night 😂

882 calories consumed, tracked on MFP

Note to myself :do some exercise Michelle!!!

Today has been ok I am feeling a little weaker in the evenings now from having less calories.. guess I just got to adjust.

Shake for breakfast
Ceasar salad for lunch, with no croutons, and no sauce (and the kids ate half my chicken and bacon) so it was a sm salad
Had a pint of heinekin zero too , that was acually nice..
Had a bar for tea time then with black coffee

MFP: 829 calories

To morrow will be the first day going to work on the diet.. it will be stressy busy day for me so hopefully I don't bite anyone's head off ..and eat it 🤣🤣🤣

I’m in awe of your discipline so far. I’ve already broken but there’s still time for me to pull this back for the week but I can’t afford to falter again. I’m only after 2lb a week which isn’t huge but feels like an uphill battle at the start.
We’ll done Mich and I’m gonna try to catch you up….. 😖

I’m in awe of your discipline so far. I’ve already broken but there’s still time for me to pull this back for the week but I can’t afford to falter again. I’m only after 2lb a week which isn’t huge but feels like an uphill battle at the start.
We’ll done Mich and I’m gonna try to catch you up….. 😖
It certainly ain't easy I'm just feeling dermined at rhe minute hopefully it lasts but I'm feeling a bit faint here at work at the mo ... I need to drink more water havnt had any today yet...

DAY 3,

Strawberry Bar for breakfast
Irish cream shake (tasted like cookie dough)
Ham & mushroom soup

Black coffee's and 1 coke zero

Was feeling weird and faint this morning,
Then drank a 1.5 lr bottle of fizzy water and that sorted me out , I was so so thirsty.

Left drinking water too late in the day .

Still no excerise done

MFP: 623 calories

Good day all,

So eventually received my 100 exante products, yesterday evening..

So straight on it this morning with a strawberry and banana shake, and it was very nice..

I had a lengthy conversation with the kids on how these shakes and bars are to help mammy lose her fat belly and bum.. hard to explain to kids why they can't have them too 😂

Hubby has already said we are going out for Sunday dinner tomorrow 🙄 so what to do here? Bring a bar with me and have a cup of black coffee , or have some meat and veg?
Haha the joy of kids my two year old always civets the sweet and sour noodles for some bizarre reason and I have taken to drinking my shakes in a mug at a weekend so they think it’s a cup of tea. If they see it’s a shakes it’s like can I try some 🤣.
Good luck with it sounds like you are into a good start 😀.

DAY 3,

Strawberry Bar for breakfast
Irish cream shake (tasted like cookie dough)
Ham & mushroom soup

Black coffee's and 1 coke zero

Was feeling weird and faint this morning,
Then drank a 1.5 lr bottle of fizzy water and that sorted me out , I was so so thirsty.

Left drinking water too late in the day .

Still no excerise done

MFP: 623 calories
Just seen this may not help and you probably already know but you can have a ‘tipple’ of an oxo cube dissolved in water if feeling a bit fuzzy the first few days (and every day onwards) might help you out a bit. It’s now an evening drink I look forward to (your goal posts sort of shift hahaha!)

Haha the joy of kids my two year old always civets the sweet and sour noodles for some bizarre reason and I have taken to drinking my shakes in a mug at a weekend so they think it’s a cup of tea. If they see it’s a shakes it’s like can I try some 🤣.
Good luck with it sounds like you are into a good start 😀.
Thank you 🙂 I'm gonna steal your shake in a mug idea.. that's genius .. 😂

Just seen this may not help and you probably already know but you can have a ‘tipple’ of an oxo cube dissolved in water if feeling a bit fuzzy the first few days (and every day onwards) might help you out a bit. It’s now an evening drink I look forward to (your goal posts sort of shift hahaha!)
Now that you say that I do rember drinking this years ago at times.. when I wad doing LT but I had forgotten- thanks for reminding me.. 🙂 I will go for this tomorrow.. tis the weather for a nice savoury drink..

Ooooh, I’d forgotten all about Oxo 😍
We’ll done again Mich! I see you’re in Ireland 🇮🇪. Can you throw me some of your will power over the Sea to me please?

Back