Michillins maintenance diary (of sorts)

Well done you!! I'm glad you know what works for you. It doesn't mean you can NEVER have the other things - just work out whether the consequences will be worth it to you. Now and again they probably will be. More often than not you'll probably make the healthier choice. That's what it's all about at the end of the day isn't it? Choice!
Well done again :) xx

Oatcakes ..... are these nice? and cottage cheese .... i've heard that this is rank but strangly i want to try it! lol Im guessing oatcakes and cottage cheese is a healthy snack .. what about the calories in it? xx

Summer. The oatcakes i use are 43 cal each (nairn's organic oatcakes rough oatmeal) I like to use them instead of other crackers /crispbreads because they contain only 0.1g sugar and you get the low GI goodness of oats. (Change from wheat too) They definitly need something with them though and to me cottage cheese is like any soft cheese . The one i get is Yoplait light cottage cheese (less than 1% fat) . a 45g serving contains 40 cal.. I find two oatcakes and a spoonful of cottage cheese on each filling and would only be about 120 cal. (Keeps me going between meals).

Jan .. I feel on top of things at the moment but I have been here before and one breakout can set me back weeks. I have to be very deciplined but I think I am coming to grips with the fact that I can live my life without sugar.

This time I have a goal to aim for too . My OH changed job this year (April) so we have decided to take the kids to Disney (Florida) between Christmas and new year as he cant take holidays during the summer. We were there two years ago and it was Magical. Both my two have special needs so we can get a fast pass for the parks so theres no long waiting in queues. We self cater and all the holiday homes have their own pool so the kids adore it. want to be 10st 7 lbs before I go .:D:D

mmm cant wait to try some oatcakes :)

What a great thing to spur you on! My friends have just got back from Disney Florida and they absolutly loved it!! :D x

It is brilliant !!! . You also do loads of walking as the parks are so big and theres so much to see. The kids are usually wrecked after a day in the parks and you can come home ,have a quick swim and order anything to eat to be delivered to the door . Heaven !!!!!!!!!!!

Well done on your 2lb loss, thats fantastic.

Tanya, I also like 3 oatcakes as a snack, with 1 lite cheese triangle shared over the 3 oatcakes and sliced pickled onions on top. Works out about 150 calories.

mmm sliced pickled onions ... actually havnt had one yet!!

Are oatcakes like bread, high in carbs? if so think im guna leave em untill week after next! x

Not too wise up on stuff like this - is that bad?
Slice of wholemeal bread is about 7g carbs ...

hmmm may give em a whirl ... are they like ryvita? Tried them before LT and they made me gag! lol

Much nicer than ryvita and they fill you up better too! I usually have lf cream cheese or lf pate on them. They're low GI/GL as has been said so don't set off any cravings either. x

what pate do you have jan? x

12th july 2009

Breakfast ; 2 shredded wheat and LF milk

Snack : skinnichino in BB's

Lunch : 1 slice Mccambridge B Bread
3 slices chicken Breast
2 tomatoes
Beetroot (Open sandwich)
Diet Yogurt

Dinner : Hubby wants chinese so I am just going to have chicken chop suey (Basically chow mein without the noodles)

Snack : Strawberries and diet yogurt

Hope everyone is feeling good today. Raining a lot here . Jan would be interested in what pate you use too. Have never really used it before but it wouldnt contain sugar would it. Would be a change for the oatcakes. Is it low fat. ?

The rain has cleared in South Wales, its a lovely sunny afternoon, but quite windy though.

Mmm, reading about pate, I know its completely different, but I am fancying some beef paste right now.

Eeeee I don't think beef paste would do it for me - but you never know, I'm trying everything again!

I get any low fat pate. The one I've got at the moment is a Sainsbury's be good to yourself Brussels Pate. Per 30g serving it's 65cals, protein 3.6g, Carbs 1.9g, of which 1.3g sugars, starch 0.6g, fat 4.7 (sats 2.0g). I don't have anywhere near that much tho' just a little scrape on one oatcake usually.
You can get quorn pate which I think is the lowest of any. xx

Monday 13th july2009

Breakfast: 1 shredded wheat and LF milk
2 boiled eggs
2 slices wholmeal bread

Lunch : 3 slices roast chicken and mixed salad

snack : 1 apple

Dinner : small portion spagetti bolognese(Wholewheat pasta )

snack : strawberries and diet yogurt

Spag bol - not had that in weeks, I might make some this week.
I love pinching ideas from other peoples menu's.

Tuesday 14th July 2009

Breakfast : Bowl of shredded wheat bitesize and LF milk
Slice of Mccambridge wholemeal bread

Lunch : Chicken salad sandwich/granary bread
Cappichino (Treat as out shopping)

Snack : Diet yogurt and red apple

Dinner : small salmon darn
Brocalli, cauliflower,red cabbage
1 scoop mashed potatoe
White sauce

Snack : diet yogurt and strawberries

I think I am eating too much quantity now . Will have to watch that tomorrow. Its all very well to avoid the sugary, starchy carbs but you cant eat too much of the good stuff either!!!!!!!!!!!:sigh:

Looks fine to me! ... Being nosey .. what's a 'darn' ?? x

Back